Queer TTC January 2008! - Page 20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#571 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JD, so glad to hear your taking good take of yourself and the d&c went well. Loved the dread head OB, I want one! Good luck on moving forward with the home study, how exciting! It's so great to have such supportive partners in this process. Mine has been a saint and my rock. I think we've only gotten closer throughout all this.

WOO HOO Katie finally got AF! Good luck on your insems!

We triggered last night, but I did an OPK and like I thought I got the smiley face. So I think I'm probably Oing today and my temp will spike tomorrow. We're going to insem at home around 5pm and even though I think the IUI will be too late we're going to do it anyway to cover our bases. I'm super excited this cycle for some reason and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. Augh!

I don't know if anyone is interested but I have a box of Answer brand OPK's. There are probably 5 more test's in the box upopened. I've tried two boxes and both boxes of this brand doesn't want to pick up my surge. I'm sure they work, just not for me, I've had 'issues' with OPKs. If anyone is interested I'd be willing to mail then to whoever wants them for free. I'd hate to just through good tests away. First PM I get get's them.

to everyone in the 2WW

-Rachel

#572 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM

Alright. It is time to do this again and I am so, so excited! I can just feel it and I know this time is going to be better. I just know it. Just like I know I will get pregnant with twins this time.

I started my period yesterday. Just got off the phone with the pharmacy to make sure my prescriptions were called in to them yesterday. Talked with the nurse at the RE's office yesterday. I start taking Clomid on Saturday (CD4), US on Monday the 11th, and IUI on Tuesday the 13th.

I am nervous about the trigger. I used a trigger last time that was a tiny needle in my stomach (Ovidrel). This time, the RE ordered something like Novarell (?) that is given in the thigh muscle. I cried and said I wanted the stomach shot again. They said no. Ugh.

How is everyone? I have been reading this thread occasionally the past month or so.
#573 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Alright. It is time to do this again and I am so, so excited!
Woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
How is everyone?
Things are good, here. I'm mostly over the flu I had, with just an annoying cough left from the hideousness of it all. I'm going to order the Swim Team today, I think, to arrive next Wednesday or so.

I'm so glad you're back in action!
#574 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM

I feel so

WILL. NOT. TEST. UNTIL. TOMORROW.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#575 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 01:37 PM

CoCo, I'm sure your doctor knows a lot more about your ovulation than FF does. It will be fine!

Frog and 2happymamas, good luck on your upcoming inseminations!

Today, Quasar's temp dropped a tiny bit but is well over coverline still. She is being pessimistic. No pointy nipples either today. First testing day is tomorrow. (JenInMpls, stay strong!). So now is the time for you all to stalk our chart and say nice encouraging things...

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#576 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

I totally forgot about testing at lunch today. I peed at like 10am. Does it REALLY matter about holding your pee for 4 hours?
Crap.

(obviously, yesterday's OPK was a big ole negative)
Still producing lots of fun CM.

I must say, TTC has made me spend quite a bit more time with my vagina. I never thought I would spend this much time in the bathroom checking my mucus.
#577 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 PM

Wow...there's just so much going on here it's hard to follow!! February is going to have to be a great month!!

Smartycat...we bought those cheapie dollar store pregnancy tests last cycle after spending WAY too much money on the expensive ones the first cycle. I have heard a lot of good things about them. Some women even say they got positives on those cheapies...used an expensive one to double check...and nada!! Then a day or two later the expensive ones would come around.

So...the swim team arrived safe and sound this morning!!!! No ticking red clock of doom here. We're lucky...DW works at a lab. So, we get our team early...store them in a tank at her lab and just wait. That's the sucky part though...knowing that they're here...and WAITING!!! eeerrr...

Anyway...swim team numbers are excellent!!! At least I think so. 60% post thaw...49M per vial!!! I really do hope this donor is going to do the trick...I'm feeling good about it. Now...if DW can work the catheter...we're golden!! We did some cervix gazing last month at O time...and she found it pretty easily...the os was visible...no problem. Last night...CD11...DW decided to break out the speculum again......and it doesn't look like I'm even close to O!!! Kind of what I figured though...monitor still reads low...CM is very very little. So...yeah...more waiting.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#578 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
Today, Quasar's temp dropped a tiny bit but is well over coverline still. She is being pessimistic. No pointy nipples either today. First testing day is tomorrow. (JenInMpls, stay strong!). So now is the time for you all to stalk our chart and say nice encouraging things...
smarty, remind me, is this the first cycle quasar's charting? If not, could you make it so that some of her other charts are visible?

Update from here: Swim Team's ordered--tank will arrive on the 7th.
#579 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
smarty, remind me, is this the first cycle quasar's charting? If not, could you make it so that some of her other charts are visible?
Yes, this is our first cycle charting. I know... kinda backwards just starting with charting AND inseminating the first month. But I have my heart set on an October baby (due date would be my B-day!!)

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#580 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 04:28 PM

Well, so much for feeling . My period is here, although early again (11 dpo). Is it just adding insult to injury or does anyone else think I should POAS just to be sure?

And it's February tomorrow, is someone starting a new thread?

#581 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM

Has anyone seen the new ClearBlue digital commercial on TV? The one that makes the pee-stick look like a new car, or fancy piece of computer equipment?

I'll try to dig up a YouTube link or something for those who haven't....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55105397704666

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqX7VxW3wL0
#582 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Well, so much for feeling . My period is here, although early again (11 dpo).
DARN IT! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
And it's February tomorrow, is someone starting a new thread?
I can do it, if no one else wants to.
#583 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 05:22 PM

Jen -

OPK's are still available if anyone wants them. If I don't have a taker here by tomorrow I'll post it to the fertility forum.

-Rachel

#584 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 05:31 PM

Yay. Forget FF crosshairs. Look at my chart now. Looks really good. I'm really pleased with our timing this month. Thanks everyone for your words of support and encouragement. It really helped me settle. I had the BEST acupuncture last night which gave me incredible energy and a great sense of calm. :

JenInMpls - Crappity crap. I got really hopeful for you. It sounded so good

...more later

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#585 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM

MMM, that's a darn purty chart!
#586 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 05:50 PM

I second the crappity crap, JenInMpls.

MMM, very nice chart! Your experience with accupunture seems to echo that of most people I know who have tried it...I'm starting to think it's something worth investigating...
#587 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 PM

I third it. So sorry JenInMpls.

And good luck to everyone just getting started with their 2WW. So much excitement.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#588 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM

JenInMpls - so sorry... That SUCKS.
#589 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 08:52 PM

Dear JenInMpls, I am sorry to hear... next time huh ?

This 2ww thing is LONG isnt it ?? Gee ! I'm imagining all sorts of signs that cant possibly be here only 36 hours post IUI........

*sigh*

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#590 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 PM

Thanks for all of the consolation.

To top it all off, I pulled my lower back today and have essentially been wincing around the house with a 3-year-old all day. And now my wife is home and obviously grumpy about the fact that SHE has to empty the dishwasher, prepare dinner and interact with our son. Gosh! The hardship! :

Anyway, thanks again...

#591 of 598 Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Yay. Forget FF crosshairs. Look at my chart now. Looks really good. I'm really pleased with our timing this month. Thanks everyone for your words of support and encouragement. It really helped me settle. I had the BEST acupuncture last night which gave me incredible energy and a great sense of calm. :

JenInMpls - Crappity crap. I got really hopeful for you. It sounded so good

...more later

Yes!!!! Just the temp leap I predicted (insert small back pat -- gotta get something after years of charting but no second babe, right?)

looks perfect, MMM.

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#592 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
...gotta get something after years of charting but no second babe, right?
Isn't that the truth? It KILLS me some days that I have all this data and no kid.
#593 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 AM

Yay! My crosshairs went up on FF, timing seems good.
No symptoms yet.
#594 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM

mwwahhhh....

does anyone else ever wish they had LESS data/fertility knowledge? I inseminated yesterday after a good surge, but today, all signs point to still being fertile - monitor reading, CM, etc. So I figure we went too soon...

sort of wishing I had less info this go round...: so I wouldn't drive myself nuts

be well all...
#595 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Jen -

OPK's are still available if anyone wants them. If I don't have a taker here by tomorrow I'll post it to the fertility forum.
Are they still available? While I do not need them, DW started her period finally. It has been a year since having a cycle. The docs thought she was in menopause due to the chemo to fight breast cancer. She just started charting two days ago and we were gonna get some OKPs to see if she is ovulating.

This is so exciting. We always wanted to each carry one child and did not think it would happen after her diagnosis, surgery, chemo, and radiation. I'd love that little babe so damn much....

Anyway, let me know if they are still available.
#596 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Who's taking over for February?
#597 of 598 Old 02-01-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
Who's taking over for February?
I will! February thread is here.
#598 of 598 Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=Defenestrator;10429315]I'm not familiar with the BioTranz method, but I've used the shipping system called "overnight male" which is made by the University of Illinois at Chicago -- I have to centrifuge it before it can be used. With that one you can't just inseminate with the sperm+buffer -- the buffer has to be removed. (I did buy my centrifuge for $60 off of ebay, though, so if you want to get really "build a bomb in your basement" I can help you figure out how to get the tools that you need)

QUOTE]
Hi, I am new to this group. I saw the mention about "Overnight Male" and I definitely would love any info. Defenestrator, could you help me out? We used a known donor for our first child (she just turned one on 3/21) and we would like to use him again for our next one. However, he now lives in another state. Help. I've heard of Overnight Male, but I can't seem to find it on the internet anymore. Does anyone, have any kind of recent info about it or has anyone used it successfully??
thanks,
Heather (mom to little E)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page