hey frog, i added you... but very very quietly... shhh

I see that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I decided against bold red flashing fonts... I like this tiny type.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
psst... good luck frog.

<- very quiet bouncing for you
ditto that! (although i may have done a private yelp in the quiet of my study....)

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:25 PM

Oh, can I add a small desperate plea for any wisdom regarding my post on the previous page?

It deals with ultrasound monitoring, HCG trigger shots, IUI with fresh sperm, etc. We're dying for TONS of wisdom on this.

thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM

megin, I appreciate the yelp of support.

I have no knowledge to share about your question, though. We've never used anything but frozen swimmers and we've never used monitoring or trigger shots. I'm sorry!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
... my partner and I are having sex ALL THE TIME and I'm not getting pregnant! Even when I eat pineapple three times a day and stick my legs up in the air after ... after sex, I mean, not after eating pineapple!
Is it because it's silicone? (Again, not referring to the pineapple.)
Is that the problem?

Am I missing something?

laughup

BWAAAAAHAHAHAhahaha. Heh, heh. Sigh.

I'm kidding ... no need to sound the alarm. Just stirring crazy over here in the mountains. Grrr, fertility clinics! A pox on their muddled bureaucracy! A pox on the Canadian legal system! Free the frozen embryos! Storm the cryo tanks!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
... my partner and I are having sex ALL THE TIME and I'm not getting pregnant! Even when I eat pineapple three times a day and stick my legs up in the air after ... after sex, I mean, not after eating pineapple!
Is that the problem?
!
yeah, and me and my partner have been having a REAL dry spell, and here i am knocked up! that's not how they told me it works in sex ed... and it was a pineapple free conception to boot!

glad you're having fun in the midst of all this business!!!!

JD
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
It deals with ultrasound monitoring, HCG trigger shots, IUI with fresh sperm, etc. We're dying for TONS of wisdom on this.
I'll ask my friend who tried for years to get knocked up - I know that one of their last efforts was spinning down her husband's sperm and doing IUI, so she will know. Give me the weekend to find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
thanks for the laugh. And that's a lotta poxes, y'all.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Not a dork Frog, just human... !:
Nah, she's a dork! A dork who is officially TTC! WooHoo. :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 PM

thank you for the advice. Good luck this month... this is all such a stressful experience!!

aminxx
Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM

WE ARE PREGNANT! 4 TRYS LATER. We switched to fresh sperm this month and BOOM! We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pray for sticky now!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
kjm

:::y eah::::b ouncy:::good vibes::::::jum pers::::::jump ers:Yeah Cookie!!:::

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM

whoop whoop that's awesome cookie!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:35 PM

WoooHooo Cookie!!!:

Let's keep the Jan BFP coming!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:22 PM

: Congrat Cookie! :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 PM

At what point is it ok to start despairing? I know I've only had 3 attempts but this break seems to be adding to my neurosis. Never before have I worried that I may have serious fertility concerns...but now...argh!!! I mean, I have NO concept of my own fertility. I've never had sex with a man, never been pregnant, never used contraception, never had a scare... I've missed a whole teenage rite of passage ...

I remember when Keely joined the board and she said she wasn't at all concerned/distressed/neurotic about this process and I thought 'cool, i hope I can be like that...' but now she's starting to get anxious and I am too

Old 01-05-2008, 05:54 PM

:

I was at the store at 5AM getting her chicken rice soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boy this venture is going to be something!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM

That is so very exciting! Enjoy the happiness!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 PM

Good news, cookie!

MMM, I don't know. I wish I did. I worry all the time--I was all Zen until this morning when turtle and I had a Very Serious Talk. It's fine, but we're less Zen than I'd hoped.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
I'll ask my friend who tried for years to get knocked up - I know that one of their last efforts was spinning down her husband's sperm and doing IUI, so she will know. Give me the weekend to find out?

thanks for the laugh. And that's a lotta poxes, y'all.
Thanks! That sounds great, Jen.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:05 AM

: Congrats Cookie! :

MMM- I think it's really hard to stay sane in this process. One thing that helped keep me calm was the statistic that most straight couples try for six months, and it's not until they've tried for a year that they're considered to have an infertility "problem." Three times is an emotionally exhausting thing. But, just because it's wearing you out emotionally doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you or your body. This stuff just takes time. One thing that is worth thinking about though- have you done any semen analysis on your donor? There's an at-home test here called Fertell that tells whether a man's sperm count is in the normal range. If you haven't done this, it might be worth thinking about- if there's a problem on that end, you'd want to know about it sooner rather than later. I'm sorry that this process is taking a toll. By the time I got pregnant (six tries), I was convinced that I was infertile.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 AM

Hello all!

I've been lurking in this thread since September, and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Nora. My wife and I decided to TTC starting in June/July, but we've been talking about maybe starting sooner. I'll be the one getting pregnant, so right now I'm obsessing over BBT and cervical mucus, trying to figure out ferning, and torturing myself by looking at pictures of babies.

Congratulations to snoopy13 and cookie70!

The incredibly true adventures of two girls in love. Also starring DS babyf.gif12/09 and dog2.gif!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Welcome, Nora!

I'm obsessed already. I dreamed last night that I got pregnant before the swimmers arrived (because I'm magic, apparently) and the first person to congratulate me was Marie Osmond, who was an OB in this dream (I have nothing to do with OBs IRL) and congratulated me with a nice little make-out session (I don't find her attractive in the least IRL).
Old 01-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Welcome, Nora!

I'm obsessed already. I dreamed last night that I got pregnant before the swimmers arrived (because I'm magic, apparently) and the first person to congratulate me was Marie Osmond, who was an OB in this dream (I have nothing to do with OBs IRL) and congratulated me with a nice little make-out session (I don't find her attractive in the least IRL).
Oh my goodness, Frog. That is a hilarious dream! A great way to start my day -- good laughs.

I hope that actually getting preg with the non-dream tadpole will be as easy!

Old 01-06-2008, 03:12 PM

May I please be moved to Waiting to Know. We had our IUI this morning without the vagal response! Woot! 2WW here we go.

Congratulations to snoopy13 and cookie70!

-Rachel

Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 PM

frog?!

Marie Osmund, eh? Hm. You could analyze that dream ENDLESSLY.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats cookie!!

And LOL frog. It's good to know that the TTC crazies haven't affected you yet...

PS: Still no period here. Seriously. Testing in the AM. All signs of AF or pregnancy are gone. What the heck?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

and... I think I got all of the changes... PM me if I missed you
Old 01-06-2008, 05:22 PM

OK, Megin, here's what my friend C. who's done all this had to say:

The Hcg shot gives an additional element of control to the timing of ovulation. Say you're getting close to ovulation. They check out your ovaries with an ultrasound and have a look at the follicles. There may be loads of follicles that are looking like they have potential, but they also may beat a retreat before they get big enough to release an egg. When one of the follicles is big enough (C. couldn't remember the size anymore), they give you the trigger shot to make sure that that follicle releases its egg.

C. always got her trigger shot in the afternoon and then came in for insems the next morning and the morning after (2 mornings in a row). She did her insems at the same clinic that I did mine and they only do insems at 8 AM.

She was unsure about the spinning down of the sperm / life span question. They were spinning down her husband's and doing IUI because he had a lower sperm count and her mucus was "borderline hostile". The ob figured it would give the sperm more of a fighting chance.

She did very strongly urge you to know what your limits are before you start doing any interventions, because she says it is a slippery slope. If you know now that you do NOT want to use drugs, ever, to try to release more eggs at ovulation, draw that line in the sand and stick with it. She said that OBs have many "tricks up their sleeves" and will bring them all out to try to get you pregnant. When you're trying to conceive you are at an emotionally weak point because you really want a baby, and when it sounds like someone can give you that, you might be willing to do things you don't actually want to. C. did Clomid for a few cycles at the near-insistence of her OB but then went off of it because she was so freaked out by the potential of multiples. (Well, that and it turned her into a weepy, paranoid, vertigo-plagued psycho. But it doesn't affect everyone that way.)

Thus spake my resident expert. Hope her words were helpful. xo jen

Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
PS: Still no period here. Seriously. Testing in the AM. All signs of AF or pregnancy are gone. What the heck?
implantation spotting?

:

User Tag List