Queer TTC January 2008! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 598 Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Woohoo! I've been peeing on things since last night--nothing, yet, but I suspect we'll do our insems Wednesday/Thursday.
You've been peeing on things?
That can't be much fun for Turtle to have to clean up?
#122 of 598 Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
You've been peeing on things?
That can't be much fun for Turtle to have to clean up?
Funny grrl. I have EXCELLENT aim. And I pee on them half the time at work.
#123 of 598 Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 PM

LaH and it wasn't lube or anything? Frustrating! I thought I was sensitive to latex in college for a while (turns out I really was more sensitive to insensitive guys) and was dropping $$$ on the polyurethane condoms for years. Hope you are finding a good solution...

frog how many times a day are you POS'ing?!! :

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#124 of 598 Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=JenInMpls;10214297]LaH and it wasn't lube or anything? Frustrating! I thought I was sensitive to latex in college for a while (turns out I really was more sensitive to insensitive guys) and was dropping $$$ on the polyurethane condoms for years. Hope you are finding a good solution...
QUOTE]

Nope... we never really use lube.

The condoms are working for now. Sucks to have to run out and buy them but eventually we will just replace the silicone friend with one made of something else and hopefully that will be the end of that
#125 of 598 Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Oh, can I add a small desperate plea for any wisdom regarding my post on the previous page?

It deals with ultrasound monitoring, HCG trigger shots, IUI with fresh sperm, etc. We're dying for TONS of wisdom on this.

thanks!
megin
Just popping in to say hi--I'm not sure I have any wisdom that hasn't already been shared... but have you all been doing Clomid with no u/s monitoring so far? The HCG is supposed to narrow down the window for ovulation--if you have mature follicles (over something like 18-19 mm, I think), they could be released in the next couple of days, where the Ovidrel or HCG is supposed to make them pop within a narrower window (my clinic does insems 24 hours later, or at 12 and 36 hours).

I think the possibility of IUI with fresh is a *great* one, and would be all over it if I were you two! I do think it's the freezing that's supposed to make them live shorter, so that should increase the odds. Best of luck--that's great to hear about your OB working with you so helpfully!
#126 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
frog how many times a day are you POS'ing?!! :
Twice--once around 10 a.m. and again around dinnertime. It's part of our new strategy. I seem to ovulate pretty quickly after getting the first positive so we want to be sure we catch that positive.
#127 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm either 7, 8, or 9 DPO now and resisting the temptation to test. It's driving me crazy that I don't know which day O was. Fertility Friend kept changing it's mind based on my temps and what method of ovulation detection it's using - so, I over rode it and chose my own day. I have a lack of symptoms this time around, even less breast soreness than normal, so I just don't know what to think. I'm hoping I'm one of those lucky ones who is pregnant with no symptoms at all.
The TWW is SOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOONG!!!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#128 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Your chart's looking good, pranava!
#129 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 03:37 PM

Swim Team has arrived!
#130 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Whooo hooo!!!! Bring on the positive...and put those swimmers to work!!!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#131 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Congrats to all the BFPs! And sorry to all the BFNs, a group of which I am now a part for this month!

Can I please be moved to taking a break? Gotta get my progesterone levels up before I can insem again. Hopefully in Feb....

Thanks!
#132 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

guess who is here?

crampy as heck today.

time to start temping (for real this time) and all of that fun stuff
#133 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM

to you both Hulahoop and LaH.

I am now in possession of some Vitex. Although I got pregnant really easily last time, anything that will up my chances of success when we TTC this time around is okay in my books.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#134 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 PM

my vitex is on the way as i write! report back after you've tried it for awhile, if yo're up for it!
#135 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Vitex tribe!
#136 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Vitex tribe!
Is there one really? 'Cause if there is I'd be all over heading over there to see what others have to say.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#137 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Vitex gave me the strongest positive I've ever gotten on an OPK. I'm definitely pro-vitex!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#138 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Is there one really? 'Cause if there is I'd be all over heading over there to see what others have to say.
Not yet, AFAIK. Should we start one?
#139 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcon View Post
Just popping in to say hi--I'm not sure I have any wisdom that hasn't already been shared... but have you all been doing Clomid with no u/s monitoring so far? The HCG is supposed to narrow down the window for ovulation--if you have mature follicles (over something like 18-19 mm, I think), they could be released in the next couple of days, where the Ovidrel or HCG is supposed to make them pop within a narrower window (my clinic does insems 24 hours later, or at 12 and 36 hours).

I think the possibility of IUI with fresh is a *great* one, and would be all over it if I were you two! I do think it's the freezing that's supposed to make them live shorter, so that should increase the odds. Best of luck--that's great to hear about your OB working with you so helpfully!
Hiya Simcon,

Good to "see" you! Thanks for this clarification. It really makes me see, along with what Jen posted earlier, how helpful the shot can be. And yes, I think IUI with fresh should be a great addition to our repertoire!

Hope you're enjoying some snowy fun of late!

be well,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#140 of 598 Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 PM

So frog? I'm : here waiting to hear more. We got the play by play on the whereabouts of the swim team. Any updates now that it has arrived?????????

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#141 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 AM

Nothing yet, but I suspect today will be the day for our DIY insem and tomorrow will be the IUI.

I'm taking it as a good sign that I got this email this morning from my mom's first cousin--he and I sort of rediscovered each other about 10 years ago at a family reunion, where we pegged one another as gay as the day is long. He and his partner were married in honor of their 25th anniversary (I was lucky enough to be able to attend their wedding) and about three years ago finally became parents. This is an (slightly edited) excerpt of the email that greeted me this morning:

After arriving back from our beach house over the Thanksgiving holidays we had a couple of weeks to prepare for R's ordination. We were touched by many people from our past that were making an effort to come to R's ordination to the priesthood. People R worked with at home care over 20 years ago, friends from DC, friends from various times in seminary and of course family were planned on gathering starting Thursday night, December 13.

On the preceding Tuesday, December 11, our social worker came by to announce that the state had awarded us premature newborn twins...if we wanted them. They had tried calling us all day, but the power was out at the house so they couldn't get us! We literally had 18 hours to plan for the arrival of two newborns. Benjamin would need to be picked up the next day at noon. Our unbelievable neighbors sprung into action and went to the store to buy what we needed in the immediate future.

We arrived at the hospital ICU at 1 pm on Wednesday, December 13, and there they were. Their nurse was fantastic in helping us get to know the twins quickly. The whole staff was wonderful while we were there. So Benjamin came home on Wednesday. Anna was ready to come home the next day but we persuaded the hospital to let us bring her home on Friday -- and they agreed.

Thursday, December 13 arrived and with it a snow storm. R's parents made it just in time before the snow really came down. Due to the weather, sadly about 20 out-of-state guests couldn't be with us.

Friday, December 14 arrived and due to picking up Anna from the hospital, R missed his ordination rehearsal. He, his mother, and sister went to pick her up while A stayed at home with Joshua (4), Benjamin, and our stellar au pair, K. They arrived home with Anna just two hours before about 30 people were coming to the house for dinner. All came off without a hitch!

On Saturday, December 15 the ordination went off beautifully . Saturday night another storm comes and R couldn't get to Trinity Church to preside at his first mass. So the first mass took place in our home with family, neighbors and out-of-state friends who were staying nearby and could walk to the house. Gathered in the living room with our children Joshua, Anna and Benjamin, R's family members, long-time friends from across the decades and country, and our beloved neighbors, we celebrated a Eucharist of thanksgiving, reflecting on the advent of Christ in our lives and the surprise that God brings to us.

Needless to say, I'm sitting here in my office, crying my little eyes out.
#142 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 10:14 AM

aw Frog, that is a beautiful story.

Hopefully it is a good sign of things to come for you.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#143 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Wow, that IS a beautiful story. I love hearing all of the beautiful ways that queer individuals come to be parents, and the lengths that people will go to to create their own families.

#144 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Dearest egglet,

Any time now, okay?

love,

frog and turtle
#145 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 PM

fingers crossed for you!!

: DD 8/29/08 and twin boys 11/3/09
#146 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Dearest egglet,

Any time now, okay?

love,

frog and turtle

Thinking lovely thoughts for the egglet over here......

megin

#147 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Good Luck Frog!!

That is an amazing story, I needed a little queer cheer today!

Can I please be moved to waiting to O
We had another BFN today. This was our third one and I have to say that the emotional side of things is getting really tough. My partner never misses an apointment and we are tighter than ever, but we are both just really sad and wondering if it will ever happen..... But we will start this whole process again next week with AF.
#148 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Dearest egglet,
Cute, Frog!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'll call mine egglets as well from now on - if you don't mind.

Travelgirz - so sorry for the BFN. It's very, very hard.

#149 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Cute, Frog!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'll call mine egglets as well from now on - if you don't mind.
Of course I don't mind! I'd be honored.
#150 of 598 Old 01-09-2008, 05:39 PM

Do most women have pregnancy symptoms before they get a BFP or do most experience no symptoms?

I hear all these stories about women having every symptom in the book starting at 5 dpo. I was just wondering if this is common or rare.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page