January Bi Parents Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aloha ladies!

I spent the day on the beach building sandcastles, and you?

Picture Updates;
Mama and Maya on January 1: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2384/...b8dc12f23f.jpg

Anyone got great resolutions for the "new year"?

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#2 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

MJ - I knew those flickr eyes were on purpose!!!!

Hawaii - I'll be here all Spring if anyone wants to visit, I'm traveling the UK in May and in NY/RI for June then back home to Hawaii through October then who knows....anyone else got lots of travel planned this year?

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#3 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 07:58 PM

subbing
#4 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Laundry laundry and more laundry. Yay. Watching Superbad as well, good times lol.
#5 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 08:32 PM

hi every one Nappy You Hear!!!

kmm, thats a lot of travel
me, I'm also doing a little; going down south of sydney in march/april to attend a birth, then to china in may for the next world rainbow gathering, then back to thailand in june for another birth, then to israel in july to visit family and friends... then we'll come home for another birth in august.

no resolutions; I dont believe in them.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#6 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM

Happy New Year!

Kmm- Sounds like you will be busy! I love Hawaii. So beautiful and pure. I love the picture of you and your daughter, so sweet.

New picture of sweet pea nursing in the new year!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#7 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

good point - a lot for me is little for a world traveler like some of my friends here!

We don't do resolutions either and sometimes we don't even stay up for the New Year turnover but in Hawaii with the explosions - you could not really miss it if you tried. Maya kept telling DP she "likes the smoke" (aka. the smoke after each firework) and we kept giggling and thinking, don't say that in front of the grandparents!

It is hard not to be caught up in the social excitement of fresh starts, new year to put my "stamp" on and the start of another journey.

#8 of 111 Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM

btw both those pics are super cute

#9 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 01:15 AM

The pics are so cute. I would love to come to Hawaii to visit. I've never been there.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#10 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Banned

Hi ya mamas!!

This thread is soo awesome. I have been lurking for a little bit and finally want to say hi !
Hi! I am a 25yr old bi mama to a beautiful yr old son and pretty happily engaged to a cool dude.
I am really happy to find this because there aren't many other mums like me where I live and I miss talking with people who are like me more. KWIM?
I look forward to posting with you all
#11 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 AM

#12 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Ziggysmama!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#13 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM

I was extremely lazy on NYE/ YE days. It was lovely. My poor hubby had to work but I was on vacation.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#14 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned

subbing!!

My New Year's resolution... to meet a girl who makes me swoon and get a secret crush on her. :

It's been SO LONG since I've had a crush. I don't even want anything else right now.... just the crush.
#15 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
subbing!!

My New Year's resolution... to meet a girl who makes me swoon and get a secret crush on her. :

It's been SO LONG since I've had a crush. I don't even want anything else right now.... just the crush.
Ahhh....that would be nice for me too. Been too long! Like 2 years.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#16 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
subbing!!

oooh ooh! [waves hand hermione granger style]
pick me! pick me

#17 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
oooh ooh! [waves hand hermione granger style]
pick me! pick me
I love the HP reference!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#18 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Hi everyone! Just checking in. I spent 9 days in San Francisco over xmas time, and wasn't really online much in that time. I love it in SF. We had a good holiday there. I hope you all are doing well. Oh, great pics too, thanks for sharing!

Oh. And: : I haven't had a chance to use that smiley yet. Been itching to do so. So there we go. :::

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#19 of 111 Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 PM

oooh, I love me some o that : smilie :

good to see you bjorker; we missed you muchly

#20 of 111 Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM

:
Subbing!

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#21 of 111 Old 01-03-2008, 08:03 PM

Happy New Year, everyone. I am in a pissed-off mood because my girlfriend of ten years ended our relationship about a year ago and there are NO GAY OR BISEXUAL women in this state. If there are, they're hiding or something. I love my husband, but if I don't have a relationship with a woman going on, I get really crabby. (He knows I am Bi BTW)
Maybe this year will be better for me. Or maybe I will just learn to go without. Who knows?
#22 of 111 Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Oh - how frustrating! Maybe concentrating on something else, the whole not looking part, will make the right woman magically appear!

Welcome to our new friends and it's nice to see the girls from last year rockin' in 2008 with me.

#23 of 111 Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KailuaMamatoMaya View Post
Welcome to our new friends and it's nice to see the girls from last year rockin' in 2008 with me.

Yes, hello everybody!

: <-- Ooh, there's another fun new one. There's a lot of new smilies in there. I like that one lots.

#24 of 111 Old 01-04-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissacamille View Post
Happy New Year, everyone. I am in a pissed-off mood because my girlfriend of ten years ended our relationship about a year ago and there are NO GAY OR BISEXUAL women in this state. If there are, they're hiding or something. I love my husband, but if I don't have a relationship with a woman going on, I get really crabby. (He knows I am Bi BTW)
Maybe this year will be better for me. Or maybe I will just learn to go without. Who knows?
Yep, they aren't exactly crawling out of the woodwork here in Indiana either! I feel ya!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#25 of 111 Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM

Hi ladies. I've been lurking, but figured I should introduce myself. I'm a hetero mom of a 1 year old, married to a recently-out (to friends) bi guy. I may not belong here, but wanted to see if any other mamas are married to bi dudes.

Also, I had a question. Since my dp recently came out to just a few people as bi, he's now struggling with whether or not he's "gay enough" to call himself bi, mostly due to lack of experience w/ guys. Any words of wisdom on how I can support him?

Thanks for listening!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
#26 of 111 Old 01-06-2008, 04:16 AM

greetings from cyclone-land

lisacamille, sometimes I feel like that too

kritto, welcome
I dont see any problem with your dp coming out as bi but not having so much experience.

#27 of 111 Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM

Hi Kritto,

I think that is the biggest problem with 'labels'. So many people have their own definition of what it means to be 'bi' that it becomes confusing to accept that label for yourself.

Think of it this way: If you are straight no one says to you "are you sure?? Have you been with someone of the opposite sex to know if you like it or not?" or "you've only been with 1 or 2 people sexually and you only did a few things. Are you sure you are straight?" No, they accept that even if you've never had a sexual experience that you are indeed straight. So, why should being Bi mean you have to justify it with sexual endevors.

I totally believe that being 'straight', 'bi' or 'gay' has nothing to do with sex. I believe it has to do with who you would like to share your life with. Being Bi just means that you have more options. I don't think that because you have chosen 1 sex over the other changes that you could still see yourself with a partner of the other sex of your current partner.

I also believe that someone can accept that sex is enjoyable no matter who their partner is and still be 'straight' or 'gay' without being Bi. I know men and women who label themselves as straight and could never see themselves in a relationship with another man/woman even though they have had samesexed partners and enjoyed it.

I think that if your DH is happiest being know as Bi and not straight then that is who he is whether he's had sex with men before or not. I found that when I 'came out' to myself that it was easier to just be myself with my DH and we are enjoying each other much more now. It's great not having to hide that I think the cute little redhead (CLR) walking down the street is hot
#28 of 111 Old 01-07-2008, 11:08 PM

:

I agree with African Tulip!
The only part I'm not so sure about is a straight person having and enjoying sex with someone of the same gender, and yet still being straight. Straight-leaning, maybe. I've definitely known those people. But I do think that sexual component is a part of orientation, whether or not that same person could have a relationship with someone of the same gender.

Although, when it comes down to it, it's just about that feeling inside. Not what you actually do-- there's not some big classification method to find out where a person is on the sexuality spectrum. I mean, the Kinsey scale and the Klein grid can be useful for some things, but ultimately one just has to listen to that feeling inside. I do think that the vast majority of people have great difficult doing that, when there are so many outside influences and life experiences clouding the mind. That's the part that really confuses people, I think.

#29 of 111 Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 PM

yeah, I tried listening inside, but all the voices in my head just got me confused

#30 of 111 Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 AM

Popping in from lurker land . . .

To Kritto: First, it's awesome that you're so supportive of your dp! As to the "gay enough" question, I must agree with others that experience is not what defines sexuality. I label (under duress) as Bi because I am attracted to both. I've only had one female partner (my wife) and one male partner (which was a 1 time threesome and didn't involve intercourse). And, truthfully, I can't see myself settling down with a guy (unless possibly as a 3rd). But I am attracted to some men, enjoyed my one experience with a guy, and would probably jump at the chance for a repeat.

If I needed multiple partners or lots of experience, I'd have to label as lesbian, or even asexual!

I also have a friend who has had exclusively male partners since HS, but IDs as Bi.

So tell him not to sweat it. If he wants experience with guys and that's something you're willing to support him in as his partner, great. But you don't have to be "actively" Bi to be Bi.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page