Queer TTC February 2008 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for all the support, friends. I really appreciate it. I finally got my username changed -- silly autofill had included my whole email addy, and that didn't feel so safe.

jennm -- i think I may get one tomorrow. I was using the Answer daily tracking sticks (PIAC rather than POAS) last cycle, then tried these others this time. thanks for the rec.

kk, that's very good to know. I will go back to temping tomorrow (cd 2)...

frau, I would love some more red clover, as i'm about out. I haven't been drinking my tea. perhaps it will help. I read M (my dw) the description o the the shativari and she nearly hurled. oh well. it sounded good to me...

maorimama, that's the book I just picked up today. I had it from the library, returned it, and have decided I need it.

mhiccup --
next month for both of us, right?

mmm -- I think I'm ovulating, esp as I had some serious mittelschmerz last month, which tends to alternate cycles for me. I had some awful trouble with ovarian cysts (but no pcos) in the past, was on bcps for a while, and have been off for about 20 months.

Okay, did I miss anyone? I need to make some cookies. DW is watching the prepregame...

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#62 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 08:03 PM

What was that about baby dreams ?

Because I had two disturbing ones...

One where I was pregnant (early pregnancy) and when my godmother found out she screamed "shit!!!" (shes made homophoic remarks about gay parenting before...) .

And yesturday I dreamed of being in a pool with gorgeous twin boys... about 10 or 11 months old...

I'm so rry for the BFN'S... hopefully in a few months we will ALL be in the queer pregnant thread !

Wishing you all baby-dreams...

Coco
5DPO, inventing symptoms and trying to think about something else... and failing.

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#63 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 PM

Coco 99 and Mahrens77 - I'll be testing with you two on valentine's day, assuming I make it to 14DPO, which I rarely do. I'm sitting at 3DPO now. Nice to have cycle buddies!

Mhiccup, Samrty Cat and Quasar - sending you out hugs. BFNs are so hard.

I also knit to meditate (well, as close as I get to meditating!) and love doing baby knitting. Am knitting a cute little bunting bag for my soon-to-be niece/nephew right now.

Speaking of baby dreams, DP and I both had baby dreams last night. Weird.

Tash
#64 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
kjm

busy busy ttcers!! I go away for one short weekend retreat and return to a whole new thread--7 pages long mind you!!!

Sorry for the unwanted (and early) AFs!!!!

and WOW to the enormous list of 2wwers!!

Re:buying stuff--it has all been free, at a thrift shop or drastically marked down but we have : a red Tupac hoodie, a pair of conductor overalls, a winter outer one piece with teddy bear ears on the hood, a hand painted t-shirt and a pair of amazing Doc Martins with numbers and letters on them!!

Re: OPKs I actually had to do them everyday from CD12-CD20 to figure out my cycle. And to get a Clear positive I HAD to use FMU. This is Not a major No-No as someone said earlier. According to POAS.com FMU doesn't work for them "Using FMU may not be a problem for you, but if you do not detect a surge during the cycle you use FMU, try testing later during the next cycle.' But id you aren't getting a Clear possitive, you may want too give it a try.

as for us, all is well. We did our 2nd insem at home Thurs evening, and then I went on a 3 day retreat with a good friend. I figure so many straights say they got pregnant on vacation--insem and then retreat is the close as I can get right now!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#65 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit_grrly View Post
Coco 99 and Mahrens77 - I'll be testing with you two on valentine's day, assuming I make it to 14DPO, which I rarely do. I'm sitting at 3DPO now. Nice to have cycle buddies!
Yes it sure is !

How about we find a club name... how about the The Three Valentinos!!!

Hopefully, we'll be three for three !!!!!

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#66 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
Re: OPKs I actually had to do them everyday from CD12-CD20 to figure out my cycle. And to get a Clear positive I HAD to use FMU. This is Not a major No-No as someone said earlier. According to POAS.com FMU doesn't work for them "Using FMU may not be a problem for you, but if you do not detect a surge during the cycle you use FMU, try testing later during the next cycle.' But id you aren't getting a Clear possitive, you may want too give it a try.
what's a FMU?
i assume it's a fertility monitoring unit?

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#67 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Hey - tigermiep, I'm pretty sure FMU is first morning urine...

Coco - Tee hee - The Three Valentinos it is!

Tash
#68 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 PM

ohhhhhhhhhh...

damned acronyms.

#69 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit_grrly View Post
Coco - Tee hee - The Three Valentinos it is!

Tash
I know its cheezy, I just needed to find something to take my mind off the TWW for a minute !!

Coco
xx

#70 of 752 Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Well, if my period doesn't arrive before, I'll test on Valentines day (she's due on 13/2) so you can add me to the Valentino posse...
HOWEVER, my neck and face are currently covered in itchy spots and I have a shocking headache and my neck is really screwed. The doc thinks I might have shingles I've done some googling and it seems that shingles isn't dangerous for pregnancy but I highly doubt my body is a welcoming place for a fertilised egg to settle. crap.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#71 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
my neck and face are currently covered in itchy spots and I have a shocking headache and my neck is really screwed. The doc thinks I might have shingles
But... shingles usually hurts or stings, and it isn't spotty... it almost sounds like you're having an outbreak of... chicken pox?

Have you had it before? It's not impossible to have it twice, especially if your first round of it was mild.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#72 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermiep View Post
maorimama, that's the book I just picked up today. I had it from the library, returned it, and have decided I need it.
Kia ora tigermiep - I initially found that book quite full on, because it's so detailed. It not only encourages you to chart, but provides 'exercises' you can do to examine why you may not be charting at any given time...ie what lurking subconscious resistances you may have. I was startled to discover i had many! I started charting straight away, though I must say, because my temperature is a notoriously unreliable signal, and my OPK doesn't seem to be doing me any favours, it's the cervical observation I'm relying on most this round.

I'm trying to work out how to quote twice in one reply, so please bear with me if I do any thing Homer-esque! In the meantime I'll have to resort to:

Queer Knitting Circle: fantastic idea. I've had a bit of knitting resistance, because down our way it's mid-summer and we're all expiring from the humidity, but I guess a bit of late-night needle-clacking could be good for me...On days like this I don't seem to be able to do anything except obsess about inseminations, so I think anything could be a good distraction! Anyone got any patterns they'd like to share...?

DIY IUI's? mhiccup: And we've now completely exhausted our supply of iui catheters. We got ten when we started with iuis and never expected to get through all of them. Feh. Are you allowed to do that in the US? In NZ I'm fairly sure you can only do IUI's through a fertility, and at roughly $NZ1,000 a pop, it's out of my league. I've just been doing inseminations with a syringe (and 5mls of room temperature real egg-white this time, too).

MujerMamaMismoSorry to hear your neck is making your 2WW even worse! I'm starting to suffer from a condition I'm calling 'Insemination Headache' - I think it happens because of having my hips elevated and lying on my back for two hours. Not good for the old neck vertebrae... Does anyone else lie down for 2 hours, or is it just me?

travelgirlz: Once we started to try, I quit buying things and I quit reading all of the parenting books. I think I felt like it might jinx it. Also, after 3 bfn's I was a little discouraged. I can relate to this - I think my hesitation with buying stuff is actually related to an underlying doubt that I'll actually get pregnant...some kind of bizarre protection mechanism against the disappointment, or something?! And I think this is because in two more cycles, my KD is going overseas on an extended trip, and I'll be faced with either having to find another donor, or letting go of the whole process. Or. Dragging him to the fertility clinic some time in the next couple of weeks, freezing some sperm and then cranking up my credit card with IUI's at the clinic once he's gone. None of these is an attractive option, as I know you all can imagine...

I know it's always stressful getting BFNs, and I feel like a total whiner when I've only tried twice, but somehow, because we only have 3 more cycles (including this one) to try before he goes, the pressure feels way more intense than I'd like, every time.

OPK's I used non-digital OPKs last cycle and they seemed to work fine. For some reason I just feel suspicious of the whole digital thing this time. But then again, I could be suspicious of the colour of my wallpaper when I'm worrying about this stuff!!!

I'll stop raving now. This morning's insemination went fine, though I seem to lose quite a lot whenever I move... Gonna try another tonight (gotta love a KD who'll try twice a day!)

Aroha to all.

x
#73 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
... but I highly doubt my body is a welcoming place for a fertilised egg to settle. crap.
...before I go, MMM, remember women conceive in the most dire and unlikely circumstances all the time. I've heard so many stories...I'm sure you have too. My KD's new partner conceived this way: she was on cycle 7, completely over it and psychologically had decided it just wasn't going to work. They visited the clinic the day after she'd gotten no sleep, been at an all night wedding party, drinking and eating wedding cake. She was hung over and exhausted...and bingo!

: All the best!
#74 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
kjm

MMM-- so sorry your spotty--I had a bit of the spots a while back!! Poor Mollie was silly enough to google "rash early pregnancy" And as we ALL know you can google ANYTHING and 'early pregnancy' and you will find things on the internet--so yeah, stay away from the search engines!!

: but I brought this smiley by for you--The heart is to let you know I care, the big smile is brighten your day and the tree is for you to virtually scratch with!!

I am sorry my friend. What vicious timing!! Be well and Heal well.

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#75 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maorimama View Post
DIY IUI's? mhiccup: And we've now completely exhausted our supply of iui catheters. We got ten when we started with iuis and never expected to get through all of them. Feh. Are you allowed to do that in the US? In NZ I'm fairly sure you can only do IUI's through a fertility, and at roughly $NZ1,000 a pop, it's out of my league. I've just been doing inseminations with a syringe (and 5mls of room temperature real egg-white this time, too).
Yup. I was able to get the catheters online and we are doing iuis at home. Although, DP is a doctor, so even if it weren't totally legit it would probably be an option for us. My ob/gyn frowned at the idea of DP doing iuis on me, but we couldn't imagine not doing something that is so simple and so likely to increase our odds. Not that we've seen the fruits of that yet, but I'm sure it will come.

Thanks everybody for the kind words. I've thrown my pity party and am moving on. We had a lovely Super Bowl party with lots of friends and a few beers to ease the pain. Some here were sad that the Pats lost, but I had nothing invested (I grew up an Oilers fan, so I'll never see that dream fulfilled) and enjoyed the company (and the chilli).

Hey, Smartycat, thanks for the offer, but I went head and ordered more today before I read your post. I'm generally spot on two weeks to O, so I don't have a lot of time to get things in order anyway.

And, finally, I love the idea of a knitting circle. I'll post a picture as soon as I get done with my sweater, which shouldn't be more than a few weeks. Others could post pictures of their stuff too. If others want to do it, let me know and I'll start another thread for people to post their little quer baby projects.
#76 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Nothing much to report from the hatchery. We're hanging around, waiting for the egg, but here's a funny story:

Last night, we went to a Village (my core group of friends who are family) Super Bowl/Birthday party. When we first arrived, it was just the host, Banou, and Small Friends H (Banou's 7 year old daughter) and O (Bat Girl's almost-9-year-old daughter). Last summer, I started smoking again and O busted me one day when I picked her up from church because when she held my hand, it "smelled BAD." Anyway, she was VERY worried that I was smoking and kept asking turtle if I'd quit but also asking turtle not to tell me she was worried. Very sweet.

I quit the end of October and made sure to tell O about it. She was VERY happy. Last night just after we arrived at the party, I got a phone call from my brother and took it. While I was on the phone with him, O asked turtle if I was still not smoking and turtle said that I wasn't and that it was even more important now because we're going to try to have a baby.

Holy crap, you should have seen how excited H and O are about this. It was all they could talk about for the remainder of the evening--much to the dismay of some of the Village, who would really be just fine not knowing we're up to this and would rather know once we're pregnant, thankyouverymuch.

So, that's the non-news from here! Swimmers will be in the house on Tuesday.
#77 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 10:53 AM

MujerMamaMismo - that totally sucks that you are rashy and sore. Grrr. But - I don't think it precludes a pregnancy chance... so - welcome to the FOUR Valentino's!!

Frog- that is so sweet...

As for me - I'm still feeling totally nauseous - such a shame it didn't happen much later in my cycle so I could pin some hope on it!

Tash
#78 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Seems like many hugs and much hope are needed all around (can you tell I'm bad at catching up on specifics?).

Just had to chime in to say I've been having TONS of baby dreams. Last night it was that I was pregnant with twins. And I'm not even the one trying to get pregnant here. We better get pregnant soon or who knows where my dreams will go!

Thinking of everyone. :

be well,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#79 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

I shouldn't try to tell stories so early in the morning. The BEST PART of all of that was Small Friend H, wanting to know what would happen if we accidentally get turtle pregnant instead of me.
#80 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Just checking it today.

Keely, glad you guys had a nice retreat.

MMM, hope you get to geeling better soon!

We are on 3 DPO today. Not much to talk about yet but just playing the waiting game which I hate! BLAH!

-Rachel

#81 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I shouldn't try to tell stories so early in the morning. The BEST PART of all of that was Small Friend H, wanting to know what would happen if we accidentally get turtle pregnant instead of me.
If only they knew the logistics...

Sorry I haven't been around the thread much. Knowing that we won't be giving it a try in March has me really, really bummed out, and it's been a bit hard to read everyone else's insem/2WW news.

But to all those in need, and for you all in the 2WW, I have my : for you.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#82 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 PM

hi all - well it happened... i got an mri last week and found out saturday that they found a new lesion in my spine (after it happened for the first time a little over a year ago)... so that means i have a diagnosis of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. i have an excellent prognosis for several reasons but its a pretty big blow on top of all else that has happened in the past month and is is certainly a strain on my relationship and our TTC plans, though we have to wait on that during this post-m/c time anyhow so there's nothing immediate to put on hold. so yeah thats the update.

JD
#83 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Yes it sure is !

How about we find a club name... how about the The Three Valentinos!!!

Hopefully, we'll be three for three !!!!!

Coco
xx
So happy to be a Valentino! And now a fourth! I would say odds are in our favor that someone is getting a heck of a good gift this year.

Speaking of which, I told my wife I wanted something shiny for Valentine's Day since I was giving her a child (thinking positively). Her response? "I got a bunch of nickels for ya!" Ah, the mother of my child.
#84 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maorimama View Post
I can relate to this - I think my hesitation with buying stuff is actually related to an underlying doubt that I'll actually get pregnant...some kind of bizarre protection mechanism against the disappointment, or something
I think this is how I feel too. I have no reason to think that I can not get pregnant, as all of the test I have had done look fine, but the fear is still there. :
#85 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahrens77 View Post
Speaking of which, I told my wife I wanted something shiny for Valentine's Day since I was giving her a child (thinking positively). Her response? "I got a bunch of nickels for ya!" Ah, the mother of my child.
oh, my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy13 View Post
.. so that means i have a diagnosis of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Wow, I don't know what to say, JD, except that I am glad that your prognosis is good! I'm glad you're a troublemaker, because I am sure it will always help to be feisty in spirit regardless of what your body deals you! Thinking of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Not much to talk about yet but just playing the waiting game which I hate! BLAH!
OK, everyone get your air guitar, let's invoke Tom Petty:
The waaaaa-aaaaaiiiii-ting is the haaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaardest part!

Yeah, ok, so I've spent too much time sitting on a chair with a heat pad on my back this weekend. Seriously goofy today, sorry...

Frog, cute story, btw, and way to go quitting smoking. My wife quit when I got pregnant and I know that it not only is hard, but it remains hard.

OK, off to hobble a few feet in an attempt to do something productive, like order a swim team.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#86 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM

Snoopy. Hugest hugs to you and your partner. I'll be thinking of you as you begin to include this diagnosis into the realities of your life.

Be well and hugs,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#87 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

JD, you're in my prayers.
#88 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 01:21 PM

I guess I can be moved to waiting to know.

We aren't done with our donor yet but we've started.
#89 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM

JD, so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you and your DP. Speeding healing and recovery vibes coming at ya. :

-Rachel

#90 of 752 Old 02-04-2008, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
JD ... As a western Canuck, I'll have to reacquaint myself with the actual location of New England (You are in NE, right?) so that I know in which direction to cast my prayers. This is important, because if they landed on some shmuck he'd be mightily surprised.

Blessings all over you like jam on a toddler's face.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page