Queer TTC February 2008 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
We got a wrench thrown in our plans too, so I know how you feel. Sorry that you have to wait out another month, but I hope that being treated means that you'll get a BFP nice and quick once you're in the game!
I know it's not the end of the world, nor anything untreatable, but it's still hard to wrap my head around the idea of NOT inseminating, when I've practically been counting the minutes. Like I said, though, it's better to be treated than risk complications, so...
#122 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:35 PM

Pranava - If it's worth anything thing I think you Oed on the 15th

Wannabemoms - Sorry you guys got a monkey wrench in the plans but thanks for sharing about Ureaplasma. I'd never heard of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcon View Post
I don't mean to be a lurker, but I am pretty overwhelmed with the pace of the thread at the moment!
: Glad the IUI's went good Simcon. Your one day behind me.

I was actually the one who asked about V-day testers. I'm hoping to hang out until then and test, at least that's the plan.

-Rachel

#123 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemoms View Post
I know it's not the end of the world, nor anything untreatable, but it's still hard to wrap my head around the idea of NOT inseminating, when I've practically been counting the minutes. Like I said, though, it's better to be treated than risk complications, so...
Oh, I know!! I had been having 28 day cycles since AF came back after DS was born. Our known donor had booked his flight. And then poof, AF comes two days early. I'm having a much harder time with it than I though I would be.

I think it is also related to the fact that a coworker of DP's just terminated an unplanned pregnancy over the weekend. I am absolutely pro-choice, but it's still hard when all I want is to be pregnant, and others around me are getting pregnant when they don't want to be.

Good luck to all of the Valentinos!! What a cool gift that would be.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#124 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think it is also related to the fact that a coworker of DP's just terminated an unplanned pregnancy over the weekend. I am absolutely pro-choice, but it's still hard when all I want is to be pregnant, and others around me are getting pregnant when they don't want to be.
I gasped when I read this. I totally hear you.
#125 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Coco, are you charting online?
Yes i am frog, on FF... but I am on the free membership and it wont let me set up a page to put in my signature.... do you know another way I could show you ?

What was interesting is that this morning I put it in farenheit just for fun and the temp jump was so much more obvious !!! (i temp in celcius).

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#126 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
Coco...I'm going to be 10DPO and plan to start testing on Valentines Day too!!! I don't know if it counts in "Valentino World" since I'll be testing pretty early...but hey...I guess I'll join the gang.
Yay !!! We are now the SiX Valentinos !!!!!!

I feel so Un-Alone !!!!! Yay !!!!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#127 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:51 PM

accidental double post. oops.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#128 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM

Re what you said lemurmommy: there was an interesting post at alittlepregnant.com on infertility and the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy. The date was 1/23, you'll have to scroll down a little.

I know we're not dealing with infertility here (necessarily), but it's a similar perspective.

#129 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Oh, I know!! I had been having 28 day cycles since AF came back after DS was born. Our known donor had booked his flight. And then poof, AF comes two days early. I'm having a much harder time with it than I though I would be.

I'm praying for a late cycle, but I'm pretty regular (never thought I'd see the say that I'd be cursing a regular cycle)...so I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen. (But if my . could just hold off for TWO STINKIN' DAYS!!!)

As for the other thing...um, wow. I'm totally pro-choice too, but when all you can think about is getting pregnant, and it's soooooo not an easy process... I understand how you're feeling.
#130 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I'm totally pro-choice too, but when all you can think about is getting pregnant, and it's soooooo not an easy process... I understand how you're feeling.
Me too, 200% Pro Choice !!

I work in a non profit women's group. I had to go to a meeting in an abortion clinic last week... in the process I am in right now, it was wierd tho... on a personal level I guess !

Coco
xx

#131 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Re what you said lemurmommy: there was an interesting post at alittlepregnant.com on infertility and the right to choose to terminate a pregnancy. The date was 1/23, you'll have to scroll down a little.

I know we're not dealing with infertility here (necessarily), but it's a similar perspective.
Thanks for linking to that article. It was definitely helpful to process through some of my feelings. And as my DP has been saying, the right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing.

After so many months of being so regular, the universe is obviously trying to give me a sign. I am not meant to have another December baby this year. Maybe so my midwives will be more available. Maybe because I still need time to heal from my c-section. I don't know. But I need to accept it and get in a positive frame of mind for when we do TTC.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#132 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
After so many months of being so regular, the universe is obviously trying to give me a sign. I am not meant to have another December baby this year. Maybe so my midwives will be more available. Maybe because I still need time to heal from my c-section. I don't know. But I need to accept it and get in a positive frame of mind for when we do TTC.
You will--I trust that you'll get there. For now, there's nothing wrong with being totally : at this turn of events, IMO.
#133 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 PM

: Bleh, I don't think it's happening this time. There was a little bit of spotting just now. I'll let you know a little later if I need to be moved to a different category. I had just visited the TTC forum and posted that I was still hopeful because my temp was up and AF didn't seem to be on the horizon, then within two minutes, things completely changed. As crazy as it may be, I'm still not giving up hope...

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#134 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
mhiccup, I can't remember if you're using frozen swimmers or not but if you are, I'm happy to tell you who our donor is. I'd LOVE to have a half-sib of someone here. How cool would that be?
Hmm, that could be tempting. We have one vial left of the donor we have been using, but if it doesn't take this time we will probably switch. Remind me, which bank are you using?
#135 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You will--I trust that you'll get there. For now, there's nothing wrong with being totally : at this turn of events, IMO.
Thanks Frog and everyone for your insight and perspective. It sure is lovely to have you ladies around to talk to.

#136 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks BurtsGirl! I'll trust your judgement and assume I insemed on the right day

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#137 of 752 Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Maybe because I still need time to heal from my c-section. I don't know. But I need to accept it and get in a positive frame of mind for when we do TTC.
The getting over the c-section took a LOT of work for me. (See my blog for endless details. ) Give yourself all the time you need! And be gentle to yourself. Sometimes the universe tells us things we aren't interested in dealing with, and I think it's fair to not want to!

#138 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
The getting over the c-section took a LOT of work for me. (See my blog for endless details. ) Give yourself all the time you need! And be gentle to yourself. Sometimes the universe tells us things we aren't interested in dealing with, and I think it's fair to not want to!
Oh, I will! I love endless details... Hmmmm. Maybe the universe is telling me that I am going to have to be crazy strong to avoid another c-section AND to be able to successfully BF this time, and giving birth over the holidays is just not prime time to deal with that kind of stuff. Which is totally true.

Off to ponder mother earth's many many messages...

#139 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhiccup View Post
Hmm, that could be tempting. We have one vial left of the donor we have been using, but if it doesn't take this time we will probably switch. Remind me, which bank are you using?
Xytex. I told turtle last night that I'd said this to you and she got all excited about the possibility of our tadpole(s) having other sibs with lesbian mamas!
#140 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

pranava, that's a pretty chart you've got there...
#141 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 11:59 AM

We've got a xytex donor too...
#142 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks, Frog! Unfortunately my temp took a dive this morning. I don't know if I like that or not.

What I do like - My horoscope today

"You're due for some news -- some very good news. What you've been waiting for is just around the corner. Visit the spa, have the once-over lightly, and try to act surprised. It's only fair to everyone's who's tried to keep this a secret."

I hope that's true!!!!!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#143 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

pranava, that could be implantation.
#144 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM

Good morning everyone !
Anyone testing today ? Good luck if you are !

8DPO here and counting... my temp dropped back to where it was after two days of rising... i dont know if the rising was just a fluke, if the coming back down is implantation dip... or if I'm just overanalysing !! But I cant help myself !

I was wondering, do you do anything to promote implantation ? I read that you were supposed to eat pinapple and drink 2 liters of water a day... do you ??? Is there anything else ??

Quote:
We've got a xytex donor too...
We do too !

LOL wonder if some of us are sharing !

Have a great day all !

Coco

#145 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
pranava, that could be implantation.
I totally agree that this could explain the dip. Fingers crossed here!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#146 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM

I have no idea what is going on with my cycle. : I had some very very minor spotting last night, so I thiought AF was coming last night, or today at the latest. Today would be 15DPO and should be when it would start. But my temps are still high and today there's nothing going on down there. Maybe I shouldn't be so impatient for it to start, but once AF starts, at least I can think about next cycle. Isn't the temperature supposed to fall on the first CD?

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#147 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
I have no idea what is going on with my cycle. : I had some very very minor spotting last night, so I thiought AF was coming last night, or today at the latest. Today would be 15DPO and should be when it would start. But my temps are still high and today there's nothing going on down there. Maybe I shouldn't be so impatient for it to start, but once AF starts, at least I can think about next cycle. Isn't the temperature supposed to fall on the first CD?
Mine always does Quasar...
It drops in the morning and I'm sure AF will show during the day. Dunno if its like that for everyone... If I was you i'd test again....

#148 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Don't encourage her CoCo.... she already has a POAS fetish. :

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#149 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM

3 DPO here.
Waiting waiting waiting.

I got pinched with the syringe during our last insem. OW! I think it's starting to get defective... we need a new one.
Jess had one to many beers. She and our donor got a bit tipsy. How ironic is it that they got intoxicated and I am going to be the one to get pregnant?
#150 of 752 Old 02-06-2008, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

quasar, I'd totally pee on something. Tell smarty to leave you be!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page