Queer TTC February 2008 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks to simplelah for keeping last month's thread!

Queer TTC January 2008 is here.

Queer and Pregnant thread is here.

Queer Taking a Break from TTC is here.

:A Rainbow of options!:

Waiting to O
2happymamas
frog
snoopy13
Amigone
tigermiep
mahrens
knit_grrly
simplelah
kjm
maorimama
JenInMpls
wannabemoms
Sugerson

Waiting to O on a day when swimmers can actually be shipped
Zyla

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW
MujerMamaMismo
astraphell
BurtsGirl
Coco99
tiggerkong22
TerraCotta
travelgirlz
want2bmoms
quasar (and DP smartycat)
ktcl (and DP megincl)
mhiccup
simcon
baby_baby_mommy

Waiting to Implant
starling&diesel

Taking a Break
twylightdove
pranava
osker
Sprout's futuremom
FtMPapa
QTRANDI
Sugersen
Hulahoop

Waiting to be Ready
JennM1021
katharinerose
lemurmommies
erthe_mama

Waiting to be healthy / WTF is going on with my Body?...

February BFPs!!!

GRADUATES

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2008, 02:33 PM

It seems that AF may be showing up a day early this month. Which has me totally stressed out, because our KD is coming in to town a little later into my March cycle than I'd like him to be. If everything is bumped up an extra day, I think that our chances for a BFP will be down the tubes.

Please, please AF. Hold off until tomorrow.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 02-01-2008, 02:41 PM

Hey Frog!

Thanks for starting the Fab Feb thread!

Can you please move me to Waiting to know we test next Thursday. I have my fingers crossed for forth timers luck! Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Quasar's temp was up again this morning. BUT a BFN on 10 DPO. Symptoms are pretty much zilch except for pointy nipples and a really high cervix. So, not holding my breath this cycle, but still not giving up.

Thanks Frog for the Feb thread!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Thanks frog!

Question: how many of you have already started to collect baby stuff? Part of me wants to start getting things ready, but I also sort of irrationally feel like that will jinx us. We haven't bought anything ourselves...we have a few outfits, a highchair and a bouncy chair that relatives have given us/are storing for us "just in case", and that's it. But I just got a lead on some ridiculously cheap cloth diapers (30 for 20 bucks!)...I think I'd be foolish to pass them up...

what are you all doing at this stage?
Old 02-01-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemoms View Post
Question: how many of you have already started to collect baby stuff?
Guilty! We have...well, we have some of everything, and almost everything we'll need for some stages. We started down this road quite some time ago, now, and we've been trading for and buying things along the way, and as friends' kids have aged out of various equipment, they've given it to us.

The upside, of course, is that when we have children, we're pretty well set. The downside is having to see all of it while we wait--for now, most of it is in a room we don't go in very often (the crib and larger items) or in the attic.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for beeing the keeper of the thread, Frog!

We have been collecting things too. Starting 8 months before we even started ttc. The first thing we bought was the most adorable whale on a surf board that a toddler can sit on and rock. It was Christmas time when we bought it, so I even wrapped it up, put a tag on it to both our boy and girl name choice, and put it under the tree. We get other things here and there. They are welcome gifts to our future baby.

3 dpo here and just starting to obsess, but obviously no news.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM

We are actually waiting to know and in good company, I see!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:14 PM

We insemed last night at home and today IUI at the RE's so can you move me to Waiting To Know, Frog. Thanks for starting the new thread also! Is anyone waiting until V-day to test?

We finally went out and bought a few items for the babe also, just two outfits, organic blanket and bibs. We have a pouch sling and a couple of cloth dipes we bought to try out on a friends baby.

-Rachel

Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
well... it's another weird/sad/hopeful story on this one for us... after our donor's baby was stillborn, he set aside baby clothes and our shower gift to him (a baby carrier that snaps into a carseat) for us, and his girlfriend added in her maternity clothes... and then we couldn't go get it because i first sick and then was miscarrying... so a good friend who lives in donor's city went and got it for us... and now i will get it this weekend...

and we'll put everything in our basement till we need it... but i'm pretty sure i'll give away most of the maternity clothes (and she's fine with that) as i don't generally wear women's clothing, so we shall see what it looks like!

you know, i feel so much better that January is over and we're onto a new thread! it is like a fresh start...

JD
Old 02-01-2008, 04:52 PM

Can I please be moved to waiting to know?

Thanks thread keeper frog

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM

AF is here. :

Now we need to call KD and tell him that he needs to cancel his travel plans in March. Because arriving on day 14 just ain't going to work for us. God only knows when we'll actually get to try. I have a feeling we'll be sitting in "Waiting to be Ready" for a good long while.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM

Errr...what a bummer.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 02-01-2008, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy13 View Post
...i'm pretty sure i'll give away most of the maternity clothes (and she's fine with that) as i don't generally wear women's clothing, so we shall see what it looks like!
Can you say more about this, JD? Do you simply plan to buy bigger stuff like that which you normally wear? Or is there some source of butch maternity duds that you're keeping to yourself?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:44 PM

one of my best friends is a transman who gave birth to a child. he said he counted on the "big and tall" stores to find appropriate clothing.

i was figuring on overalls and coveralls and such but got advice that late in the pregnancy it might feel more comfortable to have some support under my belly. but i think that'll keep me going for a while, i already wear carhardt's type stuff all the time, i'm small now so i figured i could just go up in sizes for the first 6 months or so... and hoodies and such.

i also got advice from someone online to get a pair of jeans from and some other staples from old navy maternity, s/he even sent me the link: (http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...854&pid=400251)
as you can see you can just cover the top part with a big shirt and it won't look all girly.

one of the more minor reasons i was excited about the timing of the pregnancy we lost was that i would not have been big during the coldest months, so there were less layers of clothing to have to figure out... but if i can get back on track to be big this winter, i'd be thrilled!

JD
Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
A butch friend of ours who carried wore good ol' Carhart overalls for the entire pregnancy, and had some kind of brace underneath for the last couple of months. Strangers thought our friend was just chunky, and never once would've guessed a wee-un was baking under there!

As for us, maybe it's because we're doing FETs and I am prepared for disappointment, but we're not going to purchase a thing until week 25 or so.
I say that now, mind you, but in my mind I know EXACTLY what will go where in the nursery.

I do like the idea of having a talisman ... when the day of the FET comes, you bet I'll have a good luck charm clutched in each hand. Or maybe one hand, so DP can clutch the other. I have a little locket I was given at my christening. Maybe that?

Snoopy ... I've been off this thread for a while, so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you're healing well and that you and Trupage are holding each other close and minding your tender hearts.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:09 PM

I went to the pharmacy about an hour ago to pick up the Clomid and trigger. I am really disappointed that insurance did not cover any of the meds, but what can ya do? I start the Clomid tomorrow. Yay! I am getting very excited.

How bad are the triggers that go into the muscle? I used a trigger last time that was a tiny needle into the stomach. The RE insisted I use Noverell, which goes into the muscle. :

Another question. I have recently started working out again. How much do you all exercise during the 2ww? I would like to continue, but I have this vision of the baby being ripped from the wall of my uterus. Silly, huh? I know I am going to be so worried this time. When I got pregnant in September, the thought of miscarriage literally never even crossed my mind. I had no reason to believe that our baby was anything but perfect and healthy. Now I know I am going to be worried until I see the heartbeat and make it past 13 weeks, which is when we found out the baby died. Yeah, so working out. What do you all do?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
I went to the pharmacy about an hour ago to pick up the Clomid and trigger. I am really disappointed that insurance did not cover any of the meds, but what can ya do?
Are you willing to share what the meds cost you? If not, that's totally fine, but I'm very curious.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:

We have not done much. We have paintings we bought a few years ago to put in the baby's room and that's about it.

Honestly, I do not think there is a whole lot we will need to buy. My sister is giving us her diaper stash. I already have a Hotsling, but know we will buy about four others (BabyHawk, Ergo). We need a cosleeper, clothing, carseats, etc.

But I do not think I will feel comfortable actually purchasing much until after the heartbeat is seen. We got a few things as gifts with the last pregnancy and I am not sure if I want them used. DW's ex-stepmother bought a sleeper and stuffed animal when we got pregnant in September. I am not sure that I can use that sleeper on the next baby. Odd, I know. But I get teary just seeing the sleeper now. I am not sure how I would react seeing it on the next baby. I think I will put it in a box for now and maybe bury it with the placenta from the previous pregnancy this spring when we plant the babe's tree.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Are you willing to share what the meds cost you? If not, that's totally fine, but I'm very curious.
I purchased 10 Clomid (50mg per pills and I take 100 mg per day). The total on that was $18. The trigger was $53. It came in two vials that need to be combined. I am pretty sure it is more that one dose per vial. The trigger label listed the quantity as 10. So I am guessing the same vial can be used 10 different times. If that is the case, the cost per month is only $5.30.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
We got a few things as gifts with the last pregnancy and I am not sure if I want them used. DW's ex-stepmother bought a sleeper and stuffed animal when we got pregnant in September. I am not sure that I can use that sleeper on the next baby. Odd, I know. But I get teary just seeing the sleeper now. I am not sure how I would react seeing it on the next baby. I think I will put it in a box for now and maybe bury it with the placenta from the previous pregnancy this spring when we plant the babe's tree.
I don't think that's odd at all. What our hearts tell us to do isn't odd, it just is.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM

*waves* hey! I've been 2wwing since last week! guess I wasn't clear.

please move me to waiting to know. kthx.

Jen *hugs* so sorry to hear of your red friend. tell your dw to quit whining or i'll come give her my teacher look.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Oh! I Have A Ddddc!!! Thank You!!!

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM

LOL! Tiger!! : That is an I can haz Cheezburger DDDDC!! I iz so jelluz!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
As for us, maybe it's because we're doing FETs and I am prepared for disappointment, but we're not going to purchase a thing until week 25 or so.
I say that now, mind you, but in my mind I know EXACTLY what will go where in the nursery...

Snoopy ... I've been off this thread for a while, so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you're healing well and that you and Trupage are holding each other close and minding your tender hearts.
thanks!!!... we are doing pretty good i think... but what's FETs?

JD
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I don't think that's odd at all. What our hearts tell us to do isn't odd, it just is.
yes i think that makes total sense and is a beautiful plan.

JD
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
LOL! Tiger!! : That is an I can haz Cheezburger DDDDC!! I iz so jelluz!
yep! I am the lolttc.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
FET = Frozen Embryo Transfer

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 PM

Well, after 5 months of charting, I thought I could be reasonably sure that I usually ovulate around CD 20-22. Actually, I was fairly confident that we've been insemming too early, at CD 19-20ish. Our swim team is scheduled to arrive on Monday (CD 20) and I was feeling pretty good this month.

Yesterday my temp went up pretty far, and I just chalked it up to our bedroom being too hot at night. This morning it was still up there, and I realized that I've had that crappy hot-poker breast tenderness that I usually get right after O for the last couple of days. I haven't checked my cervix yet, but CM is white and sticky. I'm pretty sure I O'd early already and we missed it.

I'm still doing my OPKs for a few more days just to be sure, but I'm not feeling too hopeful at this point. I'm just completely at a loss here....I mean, there is absolutely nothing I can do to catch an early O like this, short of peeing on sticks for three weeks out of each month! It just seems so, I don't know...unfair? Not quite the right sentiment, but I'm just feeling crappy right now....
Old 02-01-2008, 09:33 PM

shazam, busy day!

I am spending much of the day on the couch with a pulled lower back! Whoopee! : But I luv my chiropractor in a big, big way. She did some GOOD work today! And people have been taking care of me.

Miep: we welcome you with or without teacher look!

I can't speak to what I am gathering pre-conception because they are all old things from my son but before having him, the only really indulge-the-baby-whim stuff we bought early in the pregnancy (not before pregnancy) was a pair of plaid flannel lined cords with a little squirrel patch that we found at Lands' End that made us actually happy to have a baby vs just miserable with morning sickness and really hormonal and weepy.

Happy February!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08

User Tag List