a request for mothers... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-07-2003, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello. i've only posted a couple things before, but i though that this might be a good place to throw out an idea/thoughts that i had to get some feed back...

i am, first and always a mom. i love my dd very very much, and have really felt the joys and challenges of guiding her through the first year of her life...

i am, second a partner to my dh- who continues to challenge oppression, violence and gender roles right along side me.

i am, third, (though it is my passion) a domestic violence advocate- though most of my work is actually in prevention in the schools around dating abuse/media literacy and gender violence.

knowing all of that-- i have this buring desire to collect stories from mothers- mothers from all of the world- stories of joy, saddness, fear, anger, love, passion, being a working mom, being a stay at home mom, etc. I have learned so much from other moms. Sometimes it's been easy to connect and sometimes it's been harder, but in the end-- it's apparent that all of our stories are so valuable- so much can be learned from each other. I also believe that mothers get the short end of the stick all too often and i feel that by compiling their words (into hopefully a book!!) others can share in their lives and begin to understand the complexities of being a mom...

so, long request short-- would you be interested in sharing stories (confidentially) to contribute to a book-vision to celebrate motherhood in all it's ups and downs? I have a very simple outline for this project, but really anything you have to share would be wonderful and I am also interested in suggestions for topic ideas (though i would like to keep them broad).

please reply either through this thread, PM or email. (for any questions, too!)

in peace,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-14-2003, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't know what you have in mind but I'm happy to share! You can PM me!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page