The Queer & Pregnant thread - March/April 2008 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 194 Old 06-26-2008, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hanging in there at 27w2d, on bedrest and exhausted but happy the babies have been growing well and that I'm doing so well at keeping them inside.

kk and MollyKenzie, we're looking forward to hearing news from you!
#182 of 194 Old 06-26-2008, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Oh Venus!
That's so wonderful that your wee triumvirate is still baking away!
Sending those babes cozy wombville vibes:

AAU: We're 7 wks and awaiting our first ultrasound next week!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#183 of 194 Old 06-28-2008, 02:20 PM

I have a question. Would anyone be interested in starting a new thread and being thread keeper? Perhaps a late June, July, and August one?

I have been thinking about it, but do not know about being thread keeper....it intimidates me a lot.
#184 of 194 Old 06-28-2008, 04:46 PM

I'm just treading water as it is, because I can barely keep up with the Dec DDC roll call with its freakin' 170+ women, GOOD GRIEF, could someone please tell me what was going on in the 2nd half of March that so many women are pregnant and due in December?! Something cosmic?!! So needless to say I am not going to volunteer to be this thread keeper too, sorry!!

It's not hard to be a thread-keeper, though, you just copy the first post into the first post of a new thread and then when people join or have updates/changes to make, you just edit the post. Doesn't even need to be fancy!

AAM before I go lay down while I can: just got done with a 4-day conference... my back and sacrum are tired from sitting in folding chairs and very hard wooden pews (morning lecture was held in the church across the street), and I am really, honestly, truly torn between sleeping now and staying up and trying to gently help my partner not be so harsh to our son. Granted, he's hard to keep up with and sometimes difficult to deal with, but she can't go 5 minutes without raising her voice or shouting NO! at him, and it's really breaking my heart. She always sounds so annoyed and angry at him.

At the same time... I'm... so... tired. So since they're off buying paint to paint the trim of the house, I'm laying down.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#185 of 194 Old 06-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Okay, I will be brave.
#186 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. Sorry about lack of presence. We've had so many relatives visiting it's been pandemonium! Add to that a flu that has bowled me over for more than a week (when you're pregnant it's impossible to rid yourself of illness I've found!), & a complete ignoring of all things computer, so I haven't checked MDC for weeks.

A quick update - I don't even have time to read the posts posted since I last checked so sorry if I'm ignoring other people's big news & just making it all about me! I'm going in for an induction tomorrow morning. I'm 10 days overdue & my cervix hasn't even begun to do anything - bad cervix! Actually, I'm quite pleased because having a bad cold in labour & for the first days of my baby's life sounded miserable. I'm just starting to feel better today. Thank god! But induction sounds awful. I have to be at the hospital at 6:45am, then they put prostaglandin on my cervix, then wait 6 - 8 hours. Hopefully that'll soften my cervix, so after that they can break my waters. Then if that all goes to plan they'll give my oxytocin to start the contractions. Apparently induction labours are longer & more painful. So it doesn't sound fun at all. And the whole process is completely medicalised. There will be no baths or oils or nice music. But apparently it's dangerous to leave the baby in there over 42 weeks because the placenta starts to get tired, & then when you do go in to labour the placenta doesn't have the beans to get you through, which can cause fetal distress & lead to a c-section. So I guess this is the best of 2 not great options.
On the up side, at least I know that I get to meet my baby tomorrow. I just can't wait for the moment when s/he gets placed on my chest. It seems too magical to even imagine. So I'm focussing on the positive. Meanwhile I'm shit scared & don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight!

I really hope everyone else is doing dandy. Again, I'm terrible sorry about being lost in action. I imagine that after tomorrow I'll have my hands pretty full, so if someone wants to take over thread keeper for July that'd be great!
#187 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 09:38 AM

kk, I know you probably aren't even going to get the chance to read this, but you are sitting tight in my heart today. I was close to facing the same situation (my son was born at 42w2d), and so I know exactly how you feel. I hope that everything goes well and that you have a wonderful birth despite the medical start to it. i'll be sending the thought 'your body knows how to do this' over and over. may you have faith in yourself.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#188 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 AM

KK, it's so hard to believe your already getting ready to meet your child. I'm so excited for you and wishing you a fabulous birth and a beautiful healthy child on your chest asap. Sending lots of calming energy your way, girl! :

-Rachel

#189 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
KK!
Have you met your fabulous baby yet?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#190 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 04:37 PM

I hope everything's going well today kk!!! :

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#191 of 194 Old 07-03-2008, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
kk, i hope the birth went as wonderful as possible and that you are resting with your new little bean!!!!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#192 of 194 Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. Thanks for the supportive words despite my long absence!

Well...little Grier was born at 6am on 7th July, 24 hours after my induction started. The induction wasn't fun (8 hours of prostaglandin pain to efface my cervix before labour even began to dilate it!). But the moment they put her on my chest none of that mattered a hoot. She's the best little package I could have dreamed for. Really. It was love at first sight!

She's the easiest baby too, thank god. Ali (Grier's older sister) was an absolute nightmare. I couldn't do another her. Honest to god I couldn't. Grier is the exact opposite though. She's already technically done a sleep through because on Sunday night she slept 6 hours (3am - 9am). Couldn't ask for more than that. The only down side is the feeding. She's an incompetent sucker - something to do with sucking her fingers too much in the womb - and now she can't attach to my booby. I really don't wanna give up breast feeding though so I'm expressing milk for every feed until she gets the hang of it. That means feeding takes twice as long. But if that's the only problem I consider myself very lucky!

We were in hospital for 8 days because she was losing too much weight (cuz' of the feeding problems), & I got an infection (part of the membrane was left behind). So we only got home a coupla days ago, & we're just settling in. Ali's not stoked, but she's not hating it either. She loves babies which helps.

Can't think what else. Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. I hope everyone is doing fine.

Angela - you must be getting awfully close? And howz yours going Mujer?
If anyone is suffering through pregnancy I can categorically say it's well & truly worth every ache & pain!
#193 of 194 Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk_davey View Post
Hi all. Thanks for the supportive words despite my long absence!

Well...little Grier was born at 6am on 7th July, 24 hours after my induction started. The induction wasn't fun (8 hours of prostaglandin pain to efface my cervix before labour even began to dilate it!). But the moment they put her on my chest none of that mattered a hoot. She's the best little package I could have dreamed for. Really. It was love at first sight!

She's the easiest baby too, thank god. Ali (Grier's older sister) was an absolute nightmare. I couldn't do another her. Honest to god I couldn't. Grier is the exact opposite though. She's already technically done a sleep through because on Sunday night she slept 6 hours (3am - 9am). Couldn't ask for more than that. The only down side is the feeding. She's an incompetent sucker - something to do with sucking her fingers too much in the womb - and now she can't attach to my booby. I really don't wanna give up breast feeding though so I'm expressing milk for every feed until she gets the hang of it. That means feeding takes twice as long. But if that's the only problem I consider myself very lucky!

We were in hospital for 8 days because she was losing too much weight (cuz' of the feeding problems), & I got an infection (part of the membrane was left behind). So we only got home a coupla days ago, & we're just settling in. Ali's not stoked, but she's not hating it either. She loves babies which helps.

Can't think what else. Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. I hope everyone is doing fine.

Angela - you must be getting awfully close? And howz yours going Mujer?
If anyone is suffering through pregnancy I can categorically say it's well & truly worth every ache & pain!
YAY : congratulations KK and welcome little Grier. :
Love the name

So happy to hear that it was all worth it...(not that I ever thought it wouldn't be!)

And I'm really great too - thanks for asking. 18 weeks and all is going really well. We heard the heartbeat for the first time today and as much as I didn't want to go down the doppler route, I'm so glad I did. It was wonderful!

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#194 of 194 Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM
kjm

:::YAY!!!! KK!!!! Welcome Grier!! Congrats to your whole family!!!!:::

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page