Just curious-- does anyone else have queer parents? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-27-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, my mom has been with her current GF for about 7 years now. She has helped raise me since I was in high school. MIL has also been partnered with a woman for some time, not sure how long. My dad and FIL are both straight, Dad has a wife and FIL has a fiance.

So my children will be blessed with 2 grandfathers and 6 grandmothers!

I was just wondering if anyone else on here had queer parents.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 PM

My mom and I came out to each other at the same time, when I was about 23yo.
She got together with her current partner about 6 months after DP and I got together.
My dad is straight and is remarried and my in-laws are still married.
DS has 4 grandmothers and two grandfathers. (grandma K & grandpa J, grandma M and grandpa J, bubbie & nana), plus a great-grandmother. (My dad's parents have both passed away in DS's lifetime - so he had another great-grandmother and a great-grandfather too)
People often ask if my mom's coming out had anything to do with my coming out (like cause and effect or anything) - but I was so self-absorbed at the time and so was my mom that it was actually a big shock to both of us.
#3 of 5 Old 03-27-2008, 07:10 PM

I do; my dad is gay (and partnered.) He wasn't out until my early twenties, though, he and my mom were married throughout my childhood.
#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2008, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

cyndimo-- ours will have 2 great grandfathers (DH's dad's dad and my mom's dad) and 4 great grandmothers (DH's dad's mom, my dad's mom, my dad's stepmom, and my mom's stepmom). DH's great grandparents only passed away a couple years ago. I don't think my dad's stepmom is even 70 yet, and she's in good health, so she'll likely be around for our kids to get to know.
My uncle is also gay (been partnered for what, 10 years?), and I am bi. My family swears there's something in the water, lol!

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#5 of 5 Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Yep, my mom is gay. She came out to me when I was 18. She's been with her partner for 10 years. I came out when I was 21 and, let's just say, she was thrilled!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page