Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 464 Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
We're thinking all of this through, over brandy & coke. And the occasional cigarette.
ohhhhh, you tease. Drink one for me, please.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#302 of 464 Old 04-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
ohhhhh, you tease. Drink one for me, please.
No problem there.
#303 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Frog I hope your libations bring you many creative solutions :

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#304 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Back from the RE.

The short version: One of the drugs they suggested for me (gonal-f) is covered. The other (ovidrel) isn't, and it's looking like that's cost prohibitive for us.

I'm going to do some more research and see what I can find out, but it's looking like we might be done ttc and moving on to other plans.

No hugs or sympathy needed--we're really okay with this. It's all part of the journey.
Ovidrel ? Do they want to give you alot of it ? Its the trigger shot they use with me and its 80$ a month about.

Hope that a window is open somewhere for you...

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#305 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM

DW and I did the Komen Race for the Cure this morning. I just got home, went to the bathroom, and found two small streaks of blood in my underwear and I am 7DP insemination! If I was just a bit nastier, I would take a picture! I am freaking smiling from ear to ear!
#306 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 03:39 PM

2H, you are CRACKING ME UP!

As for Ovidrel and me, it looks like the issue with the price was that I was looking at the wrong information. We can totally afford it.
#307 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
2H, you are CRACKING ME UP!

As for Ovidrel and me, it looks like the issue with the price was that I was looking at the wrong information. We can totally afford it.
I am so glad you can afford the Ovidrel. I was already talking to DW about sending you a little bit of money over paypal and maybe encouraging others to do the same! The world needs more queer parents.
#308 of 464 Old 04-19-2008, 07:21 PM

2happymammas Sounds very promising!!!:

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#309 of 464 Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
DW and I did the Komen Race for the Cure this morning. I just got home, went to the bathroom, and found two small streaks of blood in my underwear and I am 7DP insemination! If I was just a bit nastier, I would take a picture! I am freaking smiling from ear to ear!
Oh I am so excited for you !!! Sounds like you have implantation !!!!

As for us, we are 6 DPO today and time is sooo long !
My dad went and bought a huge grill saying "well, the family is getting bigger !"... lol does he know somethig we dont ? We are lucky that so many people around us are waiting almost as impatiently as we are lol.

As for symptoms... well aside from sleeping until 10 this morning (which is very unusual for me, especially since I went to bed at around 10 last night) and having a crampy feeling in one boob yesturday... nothing much....

Coco, trying to pass time !

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#310 of 464 Old 04-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I am so glad you can afford the Ovidrel. I was already talking to DW about sending you a little bit of money over paypal and maybe encouraging others to do the same! The world needs more queer parents.
Aw! That's VERY sweet!

Instead, I'm about to write a blog post about being a lesbian who wants to get pregnant who's now taking birth control pills.

This is all so weird.

ETA: link to the blog post is here.
#311 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 AM

How does progesterone affect signs of pregnancy? Does it impact temperatures? Would my breasts not be sore due to pregesterone? I am getting nervous for this cycle....I just am not feeling it. My boonos do nto hurt at all. I looked through the Queer TTC September thread and my boobs were so sore by now.

Embarassing confession: I posted that I had implantation bleeding on Saturday. That was not true. I got up that morning and put on red yoga pants. After about 15 minutes, I took them off and put on undies. I was in such a rush that I forgot to put them on when getting dressed. Left the house, went to the race, came home, and found the "spotting." Um, no. The spotting was tiny red fibers from my pants caught in CM. I realized what it was and DW did not want to believe me. After using a high powered flashlight, tweezers, and a magnifying glass, the truth was known. They were fibers from my pants. I broke down and sobbed for a few minutes.

But, there was a brownish tinge to my CM and I did have strange twinges Friday and Saturday.
#312 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
How does progesterone affect signs of pregnancy? Does it impact temperatures? Would my breasts not be sore due to pregesterone? I am getting nervous for this cycle....I just am not feeling it. My boonos do nto hurt at all. I looked through the Queer TTC September thread and my boobs were so sore by now..
Hey there... obsessing I see...
Look, if it helps any, I know hat each pregnancy can affect a person very differently so thats probably the case for you.

and if it helps any, my boobs dont hurt either ;-)

Coco
xxxxxxx

#313 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hey there... obsessing I see...
Look, if it helps any, I know hat each pregnancy can affect a person very differently so thats probably the case for you.

and if it helps any, my boobs dont hurt either ;-)

Coco
xxxxxxx
Thanks. Have you hit the obsessing stage yet?
#314 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM

I feel nauseous. This would be okay if it were morning sickeness... but since it's not, it's just irritating.
#315 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Have you hit the obsessing stage yet?
You bet...
7 DPO sucks lol.

Its so hard to tell... I mean yeah sure, my boobs hurt if I push down on em... but... isnt that normal lol.

#316 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 PM

Well, we decided to go ahead and plan on an IUI this month, if the Clomid speeds up ovulation for me. Our flight is on CD 19, so here's hoping it does its job and I ovulate before then.

I'm on day 3 of the Clomid, and haven't noticed any side effects, other than really elevated temps for the past couple of days. I read that it is normal for that to happen while you're taking it though, so I'm not too worried.

In other news, my biological clock just couldn't hold out any longer for some baby cuteness, so we got a new puppy last night! His name is Oscar and he's an adorable little red dachshund. Now Maddie (our 1 yr old longhair mini dachshund) has a little brother to play with. We're completely insane for taking on a puppy with our crazy schedules right now, but he was too sweet to pass up.
#317 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 01:49 PM

Congrats on the new puppy astraphell!

2happymammas - Sorry it wasn't implantation spotting, but it's not over yet :

CoCo - I'm always pushing on my boobs around 7DPO thinking "does this hurt more than normal?" Who knows, obsessing is half fun and half hell.

I'm sitting here at work about to pee my pants and trying desperately to hold it till I can get home to my OPK's. I find it so hard to hold it for the full 4 hours My swimmers should be at my house right now, I can't wait to see the counts this time. I expect a +OPK today or tomorrow. Let the roller coaster begin WEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OMG writing that word makes me want to wee!)

#318 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 04:28 PM

Enough said!

And I am only 9DP IUI. I am already madly in love with those cells. Wonder how many are in there.....
#319 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Enough said!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#320 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:

Enough said!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::

SO SO SO happy for you !!!!!!

Coco
xxxx

#321 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! April has been a great month!!!! Wow!!!!

::

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#322 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 05:03 PM

Can I please, please join the December DDC even though I am due January 3? Should I fib and say my due date is December 31 so they do not think I am a two-headed freak for joining a DDC that is incorrect? Or should I give the true due date and tell 'em I wanted to be with all the other mamas who are queer?
#323 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 05:30 PM

: Congrats, 2happymamas!!! :

What a great month!

Also, as a member of the straightest DDC ever (August), I support you joining the one with the queers.

Or, be the trendsetter for January, and see how many other people on this list you can drag along after you!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#324 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
kjm

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!::::
Congrats 2happymamas!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#325 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM

Wow 2happymamas!!! I leave this thread for a minute and look what happens!!!! Congratulations!!!! And insem on the day of temp rise and everything. That inspires my to hold me second insem off until 36 hrs past +OPK

I wish you Two very sticky babbies!!!!!!!!!!

: :

#326 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post

I wish you Two very sticky babbies!!!!!!!!!!

: :

Thank you so much. I suppose you know my feelings on having two babies. Thank you. It almost made me cry to read that.
#327 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 06:21 PM

2happymamas *I* am in charge of the Dec 08 roll call - you go right ahead and give me any old due date you feel like. the only drawback is that you may be waiting... and waiting... and waiting while everyone else has babies. But if that doesn't bother you should TOTALLY join the Dec 08 DDC!

And if anyone thinks you're a two-headed freak, you just let the Dec 08 queer contingent know and we'll ... we'll... what will we do? Well, we'll DEAL with them for you. *crack knuckles menacingly*

Congrats

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#328 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Oh, boy. Now I am nervous. The RE just called and said, "Now, Jill. I hope you are pregnant, but remember that it has only been 11 days since your trigger and nine days since your insemination."

*putting my fingers in my ears*
#329 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Well...just relax for now. POAS again tomorrow...and the next day...and the next daY!! That's what I did and the line kept getting darker...so I knew I was good to go. And, I'm not sure what kind of trigger you did...but I "tested mine out"...and it was gone in 6 days. 11 seems like a lot to me for it to still be there. AND...I got my BFP at 10DPO...and it was very positive...so 9DPIUI seems totally reasonable for a BFP. Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#330 of 464 Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 PM

: WaaaaaaaaaaaaHooooooooooooo! Well Done Jill!!! Congrats to you both. : Can't wait to see you in the Dec DDC!

April ain't over yet folks ... who else can we take with us????

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page