Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
come on girls lets get this boy some sperm!! Hey FTMPapa, what if I get KD to start giving me some extra donations, and I oops accidently forget my full syringe at your house from time to time?? I wont tell if you wont?
I'm sure you'll get knocked up before me--wont that be a pissah --for us of course--no no I wont be territorial with my sperm, we really should breach the subject with him no?

That's the way it used to happen - the famous go-between.

I need some sperm, bad. Damnit. This is my week.

I'm so tired of being "on a break."

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
kjm

on the sperm smugglin front...

ugghh KD is getting burnt out (No real surprise) on the insemination all the freakin' time!! He has blown me off for our last two scheduled sperm encounters. He is just too tired. He started a new job (working outside--double whammy) and he just went back too school as of last week. None of us really thought we'd still be doing this now when his schedule got crazy!! Man I wish last month had worked for me!!
I told him that maybe it is time we start paying him per load? He said he'll think about it. I need to know that he'll make it a true priority, and maybe if he was making $ he'd follow through? I told him that it takes up his time, his energy, his sex life (he is opting to abstain 1-2 days before each donation) so we should at least compensate him with more than just dinner?

It will definitely change the whole dynamic but this process has changed a number of times at this point so...

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
on the sperm smugglin front...

ugghh KD is getting burnt out (No real surprise) on the insemination all the freakin' time!! ...
I wondered about that possibility when y'all switched to that plan.

Wanna go halves on a fertility monitor? Then you could narrow it down and probably get a better handle on what's happening with your cycle, and at least narrow it down to two-three times a month - with no beeping at six am!

I wish I could help, but I have a total lack of sperm.

There is lots of arboreal sperm floating around....it's driving my nose nuts. I've never had allergies, but all this tree sperm is too much! : but really.... this is totally not my preferred way of showing it.

Also - yes, WMA get together for TTCers! Absolutely!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
kjm

ok ok papa
you have brought this up 3 times now...so I will now ask? how, my dear, will we share??? who will house the monitor?? will we have to pee at each others house daily? or just walk around with a pocket full o peed on strips?? how will it know if it is my pee or yours? can it handle both of us at once?? If we can work THIS out maybe we can just go halfs on a baby?? That was Moll's idea to get her and your boys completely off the hook!!! HA!--got love the support huh??

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Creaking along up here at a very typically Canadian slow pace. We like our guns to be registered and our queen to be busy elsewhere and our frozen embryos impossibly gridlocked.

Canada sure is worried about who 'owns' the nation's frozen totsicles.
We are all very concerned about everyones feelings and rights being taken care of. Legally that is.

It's not enough for the genetic mom and her partner to consent in twelve different ways, including standing on one foot and shaking a dead cod whilst whistling Maple Leaf Forever ... we must have various professionals and legal folks do their own bizarre rituals indicating consent. Ah, how things are done in a polite country where no one wants to step on anyone's toes, god forbid.

We are waiting on a couple last errands to be done ... and then we start on the daunting sounding Cryopreserved Embryo Replacement
Cycle. Could be as soon as a couple of weeks, or ... whenever everyone feels they're been 'heard' on the matter. Due diligence at it's greatest.
LOL I can see that !
Hope it goes as fast as possible...

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 AM

Happy Birthday to DW! At the exact same minute she was born, we tested again this morning. I got another positive and am finally feeling a bit more comfortable. It was definitely even a bit darker than all three of yesterday's tests. It has now been 13 days since my trigger.

I am pregnant. I am pregnant.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:15 AM

**paging Coco**

How is your chart looking? Have you tested yet?

EDIT: I looked at previous posts to see your username/password and peeked it! Your chart is perfect! When are you testing? Do it today!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
hey erica welcome!!
we have a whole wmass crew in da house! me, you, pigirl, ftmpapa, and I recently met another queer ttcer from holyoke

lets plan a wmass qttc get together soon. I can host if people can get to Belchertown?
We def should! I work in South Hadley and sometimes Belchertown, so that sounds like a plan!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 AM

As most of you know, I hang out here for the knowledge lol...

...but I'm in wmass too so I just wanted to chime in and say hi neighbors! I'm in Chicopee.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

2happymamas....I'm so glad to hear the news!!! I keep checking this thread faithfully to see if there is any update from you. Awesome!!!

Coco...are you close to testing time???!!!! Pee on something girl!!!

Erica...welcome! I'll add you to the list as waiting to know. If you check out the first post in the thread you can see where everyone stands right now. As you can see...LOTS of BFP's this month! So, fingers crossed for you! :

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 04-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Go western MA! We're game to meet up somewhere 'round here too.

2happymommas, you've got me grinning like an idiot. Congratulations!

Erica, that's thrilling that you're getting twinges and cramps-- maybe you're implanting?! I think it takes a couple days after implantation for a pee stick to register a positive. False negatives blow-- try to hold out until there's a statistical chance of a positive? But easier said than done-- I started testing 2 days past IUI last time.

And here's hoping the April baby mojo keeps working-- our IUI should be tomorrow morning.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 04-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post
Hey, is anyone else Ping OAS in a bathroom stall at work?
I do that, but I don't wait the 10 minutes. I stuff the thing into my pocket and go back to my office.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post
I started testing 2 days past IUI last time.
I like you.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:50 AM

Frog Where are you at currently in this process? I know you are doing your one free insemination. Any idea when that should be?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Frog Where are you at currently in this process? I know you are doing your one free insemination. Any idea when that should be?
This cycle is testing and what have you. I'm on CD 4. My HSG is scheduled for next Tuesday. Did a bunch of bloodwork yesterday (four vials worth!) and got the list of "approved" sperm banks from the RE's office--he wants us to change donors (which is NBD for us--this has never been about the donor for us).

I'm taking bcp this cycle, too. The first day that I bleed again, I'll call the RE and set up the first monitoring ultrasound and fill the prescriptions for ovidrel and gonal-f. So, insemination should probably happen around the last week of May/first week of June.

Jill, I'm SO HAPPY for you.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Creaking along up here at a very typically Canadian slow pace. We like our guns to be registered and our queen to be busy elsewhere and our frozen embryos impossibly gridlocked.

Canada sure is worried about who 'owns' the nation's frozen totsicles.
We are all very concerned about everyones feelings and rights being taken care of. Legally that is.

It's not enough for the genetic mom and her partner to consent in twelve different ways, including standing on one foot and shaking a dead cod whilst whistling Maple Leaf Forever ... we must have various professionals and legal folks do their own bizarre rituals indicating consent. Ah, how things are done in a polite country where no one wants to step on anyone's toes, god forbid.

Ohh S & D, you have captured the feeling of Canada!!! I was ROTFL picturing the one-footed shaking of the dead cod... I really hope everything works out for you....

2HappyMamas - Wahoo wahoo wahoooooooooooooo!!!!! Congrats!

I have been busily trying to make my house look like MArtha Stewart lives here so we can get it sold.... DP and I will be flying to Edmonton in a few weeks to try and quickly find a house with a really short closing date!

We will be insemming this month too, if I can catch the surge this time! I'm on cd 6, and will start testing around day 12 this time.

I'll try to keep popping in so I can see all the new BFPs! Whew - it was a slow winter, but Spring is roaring in with a BFP bang!

xo to all,
t
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM

Jill, big congrats girlie! I knew your'd still get knock up! Congrats to you and DW!

-Rachel

Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
kjm

I started a thread about the meet up so we don't have to hijack this one

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0#post11059680

Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yeah, yeah a positive OPK!!!! We insem tomorrow early morning and then again really late night

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knit_grrly View Post
Ohh S & D, you have captured the feeling of Canada!!! I was ROTFL picturing the one-footed shaking of the dead cod... I really hope everything works out for you....

I have been busily trying to make my house look like MArtha Stewart lives here so we can get it sold.... DP and I will be flying to Edmonton in a few weeks to try and quickly find a house with a really short closing date!
Best of luck with the sale and move and purchase and babymaking! We're buying and selling and moving and babymaking at the same time too! We're all Type A's here, aren't we?

Our good news is that we're meeting with the Keeper of the Totsicles tomorrow to sign for consent. The nurse in charge told us to allow for AN HOUR. She said it would take that long. Then she asked if we'd actually consulted a lawyer yet:

ME: "Why would we? The donors have written their notarized letter of consent, so what's left?"

NURSE: "Well, just to make sure everything is legal regarding the unique experience of a child concieved this way."

ME: "You mean, if R & R (donors) decide they want to kidnap the baby and keep it afterall?"

NURSE: "Well, I wouldn't put it that way ... but ..."

ME: "Or if we exclusively breast feed and they don't agree and decide we're terrible ogreful parents and want a say in how we raise the kid?"

NURSE: "Exclusively breast feed?"

ME: "Look, if I carry the child and give birth to the child, according to the legislation, I am the legal mother, right?"

NURSE: "Correct."

ME: "And my partner, as my legally recognized spouse is also the lawful parent, yes?"

NURSE: "Absolutely."

ME: "So what's the concern?"

NURSE: "Well, it just seems appropriate to consult a lawyer in this rather creative situation, doesn't it?"

ME: "We're not even pregnant yet! And might not ever be!"

NURSE: "You've got a point there."

ME: "So why would we spent thousands of dollars on a hypothetical future worry about a baby who is still only five-cells big?"

NURSE: "I suppose one could suggest crossing that bridge when you come to it ..."

ME: "I couldn't agree more. So ... see you tomorrow?"

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:

NURSE: "I suppose one could suggest crossing that bridge when you come to it ..."

ME: "I couldn't agree more. So ... see you tomorrow?"
Wow, you are an expert debator! Way to turn it around. Congrats on your totsicles - I hope your red tape is over after tomorrow

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 04-23-2008, 10:57 PM

I don't even know y'all (yet) and I so very excited for all the queer mamas that are popping up the month. :

Put me in the waiting to be ready section (sooo frustrating! I'm ready to go already!) while my partner and I work on figuring out what's scaring her about me getting knocked up.

I suppose I should try to reframe the waiting as an opportunity to get really good at charting or something
Old 04-24-2008, 01:03 AM
kjm

PRAN--good luck sister!! go swimmers go!! find that sexy egg!!!

Willow
--welcome!! we're still dealing with the "what the heck are you soo scared of" and we've been at this for almost a year!! We got into it again this morning actually. I think it is very common for the non-carrying moms to be a little more unsure, they often feel they have less agency because its not their body. But don't fret mama!! Every time I've been late, had implantation spotting or we even think we're close to getting our BFP she jumps right in and is fully on board. My girl works best under pressure--the waiting and complications make her want to feel more detached and she slips into the "This is your dream" crap--its just a defense mechanism to allow her some distance when things get stressful. I try not to hold it against her, same as she doesn't hold it against me when I flip out and start sobbing and making a HUGE Dramatic scene!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
**paging Coco**

How is your chart looking? Have you tested yet?

EDIT: I looked at previous posts to see your username/password and peeked it! Your chart is perfect! When are you testing? Do it today!
LOL

Well, I am only 9 DPO !
I cant test until I come home from my buisness trip ! I'll be 12 DPO by then...

But yeah, my chart does look good... and I have a few other signs that it may work out for us this time... I have light lower belly cramps... like a heavyness-cramping feeling thats been there most of today... I think my boobs hurt a bit... I've been peeing alot... and most of all, during my training today I got really really tired... I can usually go hours and hours without feeling tired when I give trainings but this time, at every break I was just sitting on my chair half asleep...

but I try not to hope too much... but I do nonetheless...

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 AM

kmj - I think we have quite similar partners
I know that if I showed up pregnant tomorrow (by some wonderful immaculate conception kind of thing) that she would be on board and super supportive, but the theoretical idea brings up the feelings.

We're supposed to have another talk time tonight, but now I can't remember which of the multitude of issues I wanted to bring up.
I know she's has concerns about doing AP when she never got it (not that I did either, but it's just not a concern for me), especially since she has some long time online friends who have struggled with AP and their kids. She hasn't ever seen any discussion of what it means to do AP when you don't have that in your history, and I've had little success finding anything super specific that addresses that. Bah.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM

I cheated.
I took my temp 3 times and kept the highest.
They were all within a tenth of a degree tho...

Oh and does anyone know if waking up frequently during the night can be a pregnancy symptom ?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
I cheated.
I took my temp 3 times and kept the highest.
They were all within a tenth of a degree tho...

Oh and does anyone know if waking up frequently during the night can be a pregnancy symptom ?
Darn! I was hoping you tested. Insomnia is a sign of pregnancy. You are *so* pregnant.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Coco...insomnia definitely can be. I am kind of having that problem now. I am sooo exhausted all day and fall asleep so easy...but I just can't stay asleep. I wake so often...and have a terrible time falling back to sleep. Of course it doesn't help that I have to keep getting up to pee all night either. I am SOOOO pulling for you Coco!! :

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 AM

Not to be The Voice of Doom, but I'm up in the night whenever I'm waiting to test.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM

My cervix is like alcatraz We try and try to get the catheter in, but it's locked up tight. Grrrrr. I need to hear some success stories from people who did at home ivi with frozen sperm. I'm off to search the net for some inspiration.

User Tag List