Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 464 Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pranava - I was on Clomid for 6 cycles when I was TTC for Oliver, and I was generally ouchy much of that time, although I never had a cyst. But it definitely gave me pains....

FtMPapa - so sorry that you are feeling crappy. TTC is a whirldwind, and it can be really hard when a partner isn't as involved as you are, or as you would like them to be (and when people we know get pregnant so easily, no matter how much we love them). hugs to you.

Frog - thinking of you and sending positive, peaceful procedure vibes your way.

Coco - how are you doing? I'm so sorry you have to sit out next month.

Wannabemoms - how are things with you?

As for me -

We missed this past month because (I think!) I O'ed early. Hoping to catch it this month, but I'm really anxious about it (and a myriad of other things!) I'm on cd 13 and waiting....

hugs to all -

T
#452 of 464 Old 04-29-2008, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everybody! I won't be too concerned about it then as it's not causing any pain. I will watch out for the OHSS - I may even do a natural cycle in between the Clomid cycles to be on the safe side.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#453 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM

The procedure yesterday was quick and mostly painless. There was one pinch/cramp and nothing other than that. I'm sore today, but nothing that will bother me, I don't think.

And the best news: Everything's fine! The doc actually said that there's nothing better he could have seen. I'm very pleased! Even if I don't get pregnant, at least I know that I haven't blown many, many dollars on swimmers that could NEVER have made it to their destination. And that's something, for sure.

turtle was a dream--she came and picked me up from work when the xanax made me too loopy to stay (these sorts of procedures can be triggery for me) and provided me with fabulous banana pudding when it was all over.
#454 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 10:45 AM

Frog So good to hear!! I'm glad you had a good experience and all is well.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#455 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 11:17 AM

Coco & WBM

Frog, so glad your HSG went well and everything looked great.

Pran, sister, your chart is so lovely looking!

As for the process and relief and doubt. SO THERE! When we decided to take a two month break I couldn't have been happier. But about a week into it I started freaking out that we might be making a mistake with trying to have a baby. Our life right now is awesome and I want to throw a baby into it for why? I'm still very shaky about it all but I also still have a month that we're on break to go. I'm hoping some clarity about the situation will come to me in that time. If not I'm not afraid anymore of extending our short break into a long one. It's just amazing how the fast the fog lifts when you take yourself out of the process, take a step back and look at what your doing.

-Rachel

#456 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 03:16 PM

Frog, so glad to hear your HSG went well.

Me... clouding my head with too many options.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#457 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 PM

I realized today that we have tried 7 months unsucessfully.
This is absolutly depressing.
#458 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
Me... clouding my head with too many options.
Do you want to say more about that?
#459 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 04:10 PM

simplah, that stinks. I'm so sorry.

I say go out and drink something alcoholic and preferably caffeinated, dye your hair with something toxic, eat non-organic grapes, do a full-contact karate class, and climb real high up a ladder or three. Everything you're supposed to avoid while preggers, you know? To my mind, it's like shaking your fist at the universe. (I know it's not the same, but I did most of that after my first BFN last month. I felt a little better after.)

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#460 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 05:39 PM

simplelah - I'm right there with you. I just wish there were answers as to WHY it's taking so long. I never thought I'd still be TTC at this point.

#461 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Frog...SO glad to hear your HSG went well!! I know it is a huge sense of relief just to know that you've not been wasting your time and money...getting your hopes up. Now you know...it IS possible.

Smartycat...sorry you and Quasar are still struggling with what direction you want to go in next. You know there are plenty of us on here who are ready to just listen if that's what you need. Hang in there.

So...looks like it's about that time to pass the reigns on being threadkeeper. Any takers??

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#462 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Queer TTC May Thread Hey, Hey, It's almost May! I'd like to take the helm of the May thread if it's OK with everyone else. Objections anyone?

#463 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
So...looks like it's about that time to pass the reigns on being threadkeeper. Any takers??
I vote for pranava!
#464 of 464 Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
There are days when my reluctant-to-get-excited-about-a-baby-partner gets so excited about his friends who are having twins in a few months (totally straight, totally unplanned, and I'm totally jealous and bitter) that I want to scream.

Seeing him be excited about their pregnancy and their babies and yet in the same breath telling me to put a hold on TTC again this summer feels completely unfair, and I get jealous and bitter. It's ugly.

And now, I'm going to get some work done.
Oh god, this happened to me, with N, my ex. Right after I found out that I was pregnant (a circumstance that regularly made her cry) her good friends from grad school found out that they were pregnant, due within days of me. Listening to her on the phone with them, watching her get so overwhelmingly happy and excited for them, it almost tore my heart out.

It's hard, ttc-ing in that space between singlehood and parenting partnership. I don't have any huge words of advice. You know how my story turned out. Just wanted to say that I know the process is never easy.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page