Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations, travelgrlz! :

I wanna BFP too, please! :

I think I might be approaching being out this cycle. I am spotting and I had a temperature dip this morning.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#62 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirlz View Post
: CONGRATS Tiger and MMM, but you are not alone! We got a today also!!! We had a blood test and i poas. WooooHoooo!!!:

:that makes 3 in one day:
: WOW - we're gonna stack the December DDC!!!
Congratulations!

Quasar: It'll happen. The waiting sucks but it will happen.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#63 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 AM

Holy cow! Three in a row!

Congrats! :

I'd like one too please, if it's not too much trouble.
#64 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Congratulations, Travelgirlz!!

for quasar and Kate

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#65 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 09:23 AM

holy smokes! Congrats Travelgirlz!!!!! What an amazing run of BFPs!!! Let's keep 'em coming!

Quasar - my fingers are crossed for you.

As for me - I don't know what the heck is going on with my cycle. Oliver weaned from BF'ing while we were away (apparently he was ready to wean before ME!), but he was only having one short feed at night, so I can't see it influencing my cycle too much. I normally O on CD 20-21. Ovusoft is telling me that I've now had 3 temps above the coverline today on CD17 - I haven't even started POASing yet! I wonder if I missed my O?!? Oye.

Tash
#66 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 AM

I forgot to add - crossing my fingers for all our other 2WW'ers too!

Tash
#67 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my!!! Travelgirlz...congratulations!!!! I'm blown away by all these BFP's already...it's only the 4th of the month!! Maybe I should be threadkeeper more often.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#68 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 AM

My bleeding started as brown/pink spotting and then just a few streaks of red. It has since slowed down to an almost stop!

I thought it was my period but now I'm not so sure!
Does that sound like implantation bleeding to you ladies?
#69 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 AM

Congrats, Travelgirlz. The Dec DDC is going to be RAN by queer mamas! I bet we can thank S&D for all that magical baby dust!

We tested this morning at 12DPIUI and it was a BFN. We'll be taking a break this next cycle and trying at home without drugs the cycle after that. I'll wait until I start bleeding to ask to be moved. AF should come tomorrow. I'm so bummed right now and bitter and angry, jealous, and frustrated. There are SOOO many people around me right now annoucing their pregnant and although I'm happy for them it stings a little each time.

-Rachel

#70 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
BurtsGirl So sorry It never gets any easier. I guess all we can do is support each other and keep plugging away. I hope your in person support group will help. If you get any good tips from the group about how to deal with this, please let me know. All I know to do now is keep watching "The Secret" and try to think my baby into existence. I'll try anything at this point.

TravlGrlz Way to keep the streak going!! Congrats!! ::

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#71 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Congrats travelgirlz!

You guys are going to rock that December DDC! Way to go everyone! December babies are cool (I have one, and am one myself.)

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#72 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 02:28 PM

Simplelah - that sounds really positive!!! Hope it stops altogether and you get the 4th BFP!

Burtsgirl - big hugs to you. BFN's are so so devastating. Vent as much as you need, and take good care of yourself....

T
#73 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Congrats, Travelgirlz. The Dec DDC is going to be RAN by queer mamas! I bet we can thank S&D for all that magical baby dust!

Could be my magical prowess (and the fabulous fairygodmother outfit) ... but I think it's this little wonder ... http://flickr.com/photos/22089658@N04/2378241807/
... who I delivered on the 31st. I'm telling you ... he is an indigo baby if I've ever met one. And he's the lucky seventh child of his mama and papa. And the birth was smooth and lovely!

To top it all off, I had recently gotten a new tattoo that says "blessed" ... along my left forearm. I caught him with that hand, and the moment I did, he opened his eyes and stared right up at me. And then he cried and we put him to mama's boob and he latched on right away and was happy as could be.

I think he's given my baby dusting powers a big, hearty boost!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#74 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Congrats to all you faboo BFPs!
Pass the fertility goodness around, women!
I hope it's catching!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#75 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 03:24 PM

How long after "implantation" can I test??
#76 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Hi,

My (tranny) partner and I are just starting this whole ttc process-- our first IUI was 3/25. I'm going a little (!) crazy waiting for the two weeks to pass and found this group. Forgive me if I'm new to the lingo and dancing icons, but I'd love some community during the process.

PiGirl

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#77 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigirl View Post
Hi,

I'd love some community during the process.

PiGirl
Consider yourself fully communified!

#78 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Hey PiGirl...welcome!!

I'll add you to the list as "Waiting to Know". If you look at the first post in this thread you'll find a list of a lot of the ladies that participate in this thread...and where they stand in this whole crazy process. There are quite a few of us in the TWW just like you...so we can all obsess together. Keep us posted on how things are going for you. And...again...welcome!!

#79 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 04:40 PM

Hey, thanks.

Okay, so any advice for someone just starting out? How to get through the waiting? (I've poas 6 times since 3/25, all negative; I've sworn off doing any more until the two-week mark.) General words of wisdom?

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#80 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Well...you're talking to the biggest group of enablers here!! I mean...the general consensus around here is...if you have a stick...pee on it!

Seriously though, it's tough. And sorry to say...it doesn't really get any easier. But...the good thing is...this is a place where you can come to vent, whine, cry, joke...anything you want. And for me...that kind of passes the time. I try to keep myself as busy as possible during my TWW. I plan get-to-gethers, trips for DW and I, projects around the house, anything I can think of to keep my mind occupied. The good news is...you'll get through it.

#81 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM

Three in one day! That is so awesome. I am very happy for everyone. Let's let the good luck continue.....

Quote:
Hi,

My (tranny) partner and I are just starting this whole ttc process-- our first IUI was 3/25. I'm going a little (!) crazy waiting for the two weeks to pass and found this group. Forgive me if I'm new to the lingo and dancing icons, but I'd love some community during the process.

PiGirl
Welcome!
#82 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Welcome pigirl...

we just finished our first TWW after our first IUI, and I peed on about 7 sticks during that time...there's no point in trying to fight it, as far as I can tell...(I'm definitely an enabler) It's definitely a c.r.a.z.y. time.
#83 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Hey, thanks.

Okay, so any advice for someone just starting out? How to get through the waiting? (I've poas 6 times since 3/25, all negative; I've sworn off doing any more until the two-week mark.) General words of wisdom?
Welcome!

Don't mind the little dancing veggies and such, you'll figure it out.

My only advice is to buy the cheap sticks and pee on LOTS of them. But then buy a few of the good ones, to pee on only when you *know* you'll get a

(At least, that's my strategy - I saved a freebie digital test I was given "for good" until I decided it was jinxed and gave it to a friend who was worried she was pregnant, and she didn't want to be. The jinxed digital of course said "Not pregnant" so it worked.)

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#84 of 464 Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 PM

pigirl- Good luck in your TWW!!

I'm pretty sure I'm out and need to be moved to waiting to O, please. This coming cycle we're going to be doing things a little differently, most likely. Were going to see a counselor next week, and probably going to be using a known donor. I'm still weirded out by the thought of the 'stuff', and concerned about some of the legalities of it. But if a baby is conceived, it would have biological connections to both mine and smartycat's families. Sometimes I'm happy and excited about it, and then other times I'm just really hesitant...

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#85 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry Quasar.

DW and I initially discused using a family member of hers...but there are some genetic issues there that we weren't sure we wanted to pass on to our child. In the end...I'm not at all comfortable using a known donor anyway...but that's just me. I really hope this works out for you and Smartycat! Good luck with whatever you two decide!

#86 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 PM

I can be officially moved to Taking a break

-Rachel

#87 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 07:15 PM

BurtsGirl

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#88 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 07:38 PM

Hi Pigirl! Welcome to the boards and welcome to the craziness of TTC!!! I was a pee on a stick addict, but they are so crazy expensive here in Canada (my OPK tests are about 10$ each!) that I've had to cut back!

Huge huge hugs going to burtsgirl.....

t
#89 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 08:38 PM

Lord, above! Leave it to me to sit out the cycle where we get THREE bfps in one day!

Turns out it's good we were sitting out, anyway. My cousin died last week and while we were at her visitation, praying the Rosary, we got word that our great uncle had died. I've talked more about both on my blog if you want the details (which include how it is that we now have SEVEN cats).

Crazy times around here and I'm not online often, but you are all much on my mind!
#90 of 464 Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 PM

Hey there everyone !

We are finally done with being on a break ! I really had a hard time being passive... it felt really bad and we both hated the experience lol. I need to be active about TTC or else I just... I dont know... It sucks ! lol.

So we are on CD 2 today and went to the clinic. We decided to try clomid this cycle... so we will see. I start tomorrow. She prescribed 100 mg a day from day 3 to day 7. I noticed that it was double the dosage on the box...
Has anyone used it ? I am a little bit concerned about the side effects... how was it for you ?

I hope everyone is doing great.... It was so good to hear about all the BFP's !!!!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page