Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 464 Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy smokes, the baby juju is out of control over here!!!

Congrats to the four graduates!!!

DW and I are feeling much better about our first BFN, we've spent an absolutely heavenly, relaxing, fun weekend together and are feeling reconnected and ready to go for round two. *DING*

We go for our baseline ultrasound on Friday, and may be insemming over the weekend, yay!
#122 of 464 Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
hmm rachel you're bursting my bubble of ignorance here, but its good for me to NOT completely check out!!!!

...so maybe AF will visit next Monday??
sorry to take you out of your blissful ignorance

: for you, sister! And here's some and : on top of that!

-Rachel

#123 of 464 Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 PM

sc -- great news about beau! he's such a cutie. :

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#124 of 464 Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Frog- Lorenzo and Saki are super cute... I hope the family blending goes well.... How are you holding up?

I'm generally having a rotten time this cycle.... My temps shot up even more this morning, so it looks like I have definitely ovulated... but no positive OPKS. So I'm guessing we definitely missed our shot. Will try OPKs tomorrow (for the last time if my temps are still as high), and then I guess I'll be sitting this one out. My charts are posted here if anyone wants to take a look and help me obsess!

http://www.ovusoft.com/cgi-bin/chart.pl/knit_grrly

Sending out positive thoughts to all and hoping this April baby mojo keeps on rolling in the BFPs...

Tash
#125 of 464 Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM

hmmmm. not sure why my link won't work. will have to work that kink out.
#126 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit_grrly View Post
hmmmm. not sure why my link won't work. will have to work that kink out.
Yes, how are we suppossed to obsess with you without the proper link?

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#127 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 AM

http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?id=knit%5Fgrrly

I think this one should work--- fingers crossed.

My temps are still on this rise this a.m., and another neg OPK. We're definitely out for this cycle. Now I just have to figure out if I O'd around cycle day 14/15 or a few days ago. If it's the latter - why didn't the OPK's catch my surge?! Agh.

Still cheering ya'll on - go go April baby Juju!

T
#128 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 AM

oops - I meant day 13/14 or day 19/20.

xo t
#129 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 12:34 PM

My period definitly DEFINITLY started this morning. That spotting for a week thing beforehand? Sucks.
I thought it would make my period lighter or something. Not. Owwww.

Back to waiting to O.
#130 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
My period definitly DEFINITLY started this morning. That spotting for a week thing beforehand? Sucks.

Back to waiting to O.
Oh I'm so sorry...
Back for the next round huh.. keep on !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#131 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:

My temps are still on this rise this a.m., and another neg OPK. We're definitely out for this cycle. Now I just have to figure out if I O'd around cycle day 14/15 or a few days ago. If it's the latter - why didn't the OPK's catch my surge?! Agh.

T
Are those temps in the 97s or the 98s? I'm not familiar with that charting program....

Is it at all possible that you O'd around CD 13/14? Were you using the OPKs then and just didn't add that info to the charts? I'm not sure what to tell you, but I know I missed out on my February cycle because it came way earlier than I was expecting it. It was so frustrating! Big hugs and hopes that you get it figured out!
#132 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM

Congratulations, Tigger, and good luck, simcon! It's heartening to keep hearing good news-- like that pregnancy tests can make more than one line! Who knew?

Simplelah, it sounds like you and I are having a very similar go of it this month. My temp finally dropped yesterday and AF began in earnest, after 5 days of off-and-on bleeding. Also with the ow, now that things are back to normal.

Next month, perhaps. It's actually mostly just a relief to know for sure, now; I don't wait well. Personally, I think I conceived, but then didn't implant this time. I had more symptoms that first week than even I could have imagined, and then they all went away. Eerie.

Knit_grrly, my heart goes out to you. I hope next month's O is clear as day, and we all end up in the January due date group together.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#133 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 PM

khit_grrly, I didn't get a single positive OPK (testing twice daily from CD9 to CD18), and I got pregnant both months of trying (the first month turned in to a chemical pregnancy). Apparently it's not entirely uncommon, and does not mean you didn't ovulate at all. I think it happens if you have a particularly fast LH surge. Luckily for me my cycle and temps are text book, so I could use other means.

Quote:

T
#134 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post

Back to waiting to O.
I am so sorry. Are you going to try again next cycle?

#135 of 464 Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 PM

Wish us luck! We have the ultrasound in the morning. Hopefully changing from Clomid to Femara will help me stimulate better. If all goes well, the IUI is scheduled for Friday morning.

I realized that 12DPO is DW's 36th birthday! That has to be a good sign. Plus, I have been having all kinds of twinges in my ovaries the past 2-3 days!
#136 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 AM

I just got home from the ultrasound and, unfortunately, the news is not exactly what we hoped for. The RE wants eggs to measure 18mm and my largest was 17.5. Instead of cancelling the cycle, I am going to wait to trigger until tomorrow night and have the IUI on Saturday instead of Friday. They are hoping it will get bigger with the extra day.

I am a bit worried about what happened next. After looking at my ultrasound pictures, they said they are confident that I have PCOS. Ugh. That would explain why I did not stimulate last month and never got pregnant with my previous partner (male) after three years of unprotected sex. I always thought it was him. They said I would not be likely to conceive without aid of medication.

I do recognize symptoms in myself. While I do not have excessive body hair, I have gained weight and the vast majority of it is around my stomach. I never got pregnant after years of unprotected sex with male partners. I do not know about all of this.
#137 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

2happymamas...I think your 17.5 will be fine with another day or two to grow. From what I understand...the trigger gives it just a little boost of growth there at the end too...so I think you'll be fine. I'm really really sorry to hear about the PCOS though. But, at least now you know and you can move forward with more and better knowledge about what's going on with you. Good luck!!

AAM...I'm 8DPO and barely hanging on to NOT testing yet. Errrr....I just wanna pee on something!! Anyway...no imaginary symptoms yet...in fact nothing at all really. Usually by now my boobs feel like I have nails in my bra and I'm PMS'ing hard core. But...nada. I don't know if I should be worried...or take it as a good sign. One thing though...yesterday mid-day...I had this horrible horrible cramping...the kind that takes your breath away. It only lasted about a minute...and then I had some general dull cramping for the rest of the day. Today...nada. Strange thing is...last night...I had TONS of creamy CM. Wierd. Anyone ever heard of that before? I've never had any CM at all after O...and this was really a lot of it.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#138 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
kjm

2Happymamas--don't fret my dear!! Many many many women have this same experience. There is plenty of good news sprinkled in tere despit all the doctor laden doom--and--gloom--Western medicine is so good at gloom no??

The good news in there is you have a foli that is soo friggen close!! It will get there! Saturday will be a great IUI day--just max and relax, my friend and let those swimmers do their job. I mean they've done it before!! they know what to do!!

As for the line about "not be likely to conceive without aid of medication."
ok...weird thing to confirm as you are already doing medications!! seems like a diagnosis that has already rendered itself unuseful no??? you're doing the meds so what exactly is the point of saying all that??

A diagnosis can feel helpful and validating, "ohhhhh...thats what the problem is" but they can also be crippling "oh, I'm a freak of nature, thats what is wrong with me!!"

Remember Many women get pregnant who may have received a PCOS diagnosis if anyone was paying such close attention, AND Many women get pregnant despite a PCOS diagnosis!!

JUst because our reproductive lives are under a microscope here--doesn't mean that we are medical anomalies!!! We're just queer--we need a little technical support over here!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#139 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM

Morning all!

{{{{Simplelah}}}} I am sending you great big hugs...

Astraphell, pigril and KK - thanks for your help and support. :-)

Astraphell - 36 celsius is 96.8 F, and 37 C is 98 F, so my temps are falling between 96 and 98 fahrenheit... I've never ever O'd before day 19 at the earliest - but DS weaned himself from breastfeeding, plus I was travelling. I think this may have indeed caused a really early O. (And ironically - I've always wished for a shorter cycle!) I'll know for sure when AF shows, I guess.

KK - Unfortunately, I usually do get a surge which last 24 hours or so (I usually get it two mornings in a row)....

2happymamas - It sucks that you have PCOS, but KJM is right - lots of folks can go on and get pregnant with PCOS... Hopefully they can get you on the right meds so you can get started asap. Also - I know folks who have found acupuncture and chinese herbs, or naturopathy helpful for PCOS too, if you aren't wanting to take traditional meds.

Still hanging out to cheer ya'll on, and waiting for old AF!

hugs,

t
#140 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Hey 2happymamas --

Don't be afraid of the PCOS. In a way it is good to have a diagnosis -- it gives you something to work with.

I have PCOS too and took over a year to conceive both of my kids, but once I treated it (by accident the first time, on purpose the second!) I was pregnant within a couple of months.

The standard OB way of treating PCOS is to either use meds like clomid to artificially stimulate ovulation sooner in the cycle or to try and deal with the affect of insulin on ovulation by lowering insulin levels with metformin or other diabetes drugs. The goal is to get you to ovulate. The fact that you responded to meds by ovulating is a great sign! If you don't get pregnant this cycle there are lots of other things you can do either instead of or in addition to your treatment by the OBs.

For me, I got pregnant the second time by taking high-potency homeopathic sepia (not the right cure for everyone -- it was something very specific to my symptoms but it does affect hormonal balance and the reproductive organs), eating a diet that was low in grain and high in fruits, vegetables, and protein, exercising vigorously every day, and taking fenugreek capsules (a natural way of impacting insulin in the way that metformin might). I noticed differences in my cycle right away.

Good luck!

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#141 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I be moved to Waiting to O Please! Yeah!! AF is here today and that means my long break is over. It was only 2 cycles out, but it feels like forever. I'm not breaking any more - I hate it. Even if we can only afford 1 vial per cycle, I would rather do that than not try at all.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#142 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 AM

2HM, I have to agree (and ) with kjm. You totally got knocked up on your first IUI with one folicle, if I recall correctly. Your body can do this just as it has before. Just think positive and don't dwell on the possible diagnosis. Sending lot of your way girlie and hoping this is your month! BTW, my RE said follie grow 1.5 to 2 a day! So your's should be a great size before your IUI. Good luck!

-Rachel

#143 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Can I be moved to Waiting to O Please! Yeah!! AF is here today and that means my long break is over. It was only 2 cycles out, but it feels like forever. I'm not breaking any more - I hate it. Even if we can only afford 1 vial per cycle, I would rather do that than not try at all.
Woot, Pran, glad to have you back on the crazy-makin train!

-Rachel

#144 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM

2happymamas - I have what I believe (as yet undiagnosed by a dr) is PCOS, and my partner has it too. I have the facial hair (sideburns, primarily, they drive me NUTS), the body shape, the weird cycles, and I had horrible difficulty with nursing my son.

A friend of mine, who contributes to the breastfeeding with PCOS blog, told me that she found in her research that upwards of 40% of lesbians have PCOS. That startled me at first but I don't know and I'm no expert. I know that my friend is having a horrible time conceiving her 2nd and is probably going to have to use clomid to stimulate those ovaries of hers.

My herbalist and I have talked a lot about PCOS - it is one of the most misunderstood syndromes out there, and it's hard to pin down, because there are so many symptoms and variations of it. Some women have it and are happy to live with it unmanaged their entire lives because it doesn't affect them adversely - like my dp, who's most bothered by the ongoing face breakouts and the weight gain. But she, unlike me, has perfect 28-day cycles.

I was going to have the testing for PCOS done at the start of my next cycle, but then i got pregnant. Mostly because I have read one study that showed that a woman who had low supply with her first child took Metformin (a common drug given for PCOS) during her 2nd pregnancy and had a normal supply for her 2nd baby. I figured if this might be my case, I ought to get a diagnosis so I could "work the box" (I think a medical diagnosis is a lot like being shoved into a box) and have the ability to explore all possibilities of having a better milk supply.

PCOS is not a death knell for getting pregnant. A lot of women who have PCOS have a LOT of children because they aren't able to ever pin down their fertile times. Of course, we have a lot of experience in doing that here, but I am sure that if you work with a doctor who is supportive of you trying to get pregnant, your chances will be good!!!

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#145 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
kjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post

YEAH PRAN!!! get in here already!!! grab those reins and hold tight!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#146 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 02:14 PM

I got this from an email list I'm on. Thought some of us could really use it. I've printed it out and hung it up and work and home. It's Notes from the Universe. I really loved this one and wanted to share it.

Quote:
Don't be afraid. You needn't slay the beast nor scale the entire mountain. That's not how it's done. You only need to move through today, Rachel. Think of the distance you've already covered. Focus on your strengths. Let each new step remind you of your freedom. Let every breath you take remind you of your power. Seek out friends and guides; they're anxious to help. You're not alone. You're understood. This road has been walked before. Dance life's dance, just a few steps at a time, and in the wink of an eye you will wonder to yourself, "What beast, what mountain? Was I having a dream?"

Love you,
The Universe

-Rachel

#147 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Double Post

-Rachel

#148 of 464 Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 PM

I'm on the Clomid rolelrcoaster... what a ride... between the hotflashes and bursting out crying for tiny specs of things... I'm sort of a wreck ! How long is this supposed to last ? My last dose is tomorrow....

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#149 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 AM

Well I just peed on a stick and....

!!!

So I might peep at the Dec DDC after all!! I'm cautiously ecstatic... for those new to the thread, we've been trying for #2 since June 2006. We got pg on the first try back then, mc'd 12 weeks later, have been trying almost every month since then, and this is the first + in 18 mos or so. So here's hoping for stickiness!!!

I'm going to keep it kind of quiet for a bit, but since this feels like my ttc community (though I've had trouble keeping up), I just had to share the news here!

to everyone!
#150 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM

hurrah!!!!!!

cautiously dancing :

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page