Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
Astraphell...looks like you and I are pretty close this month! Yay...someone to obsess with!!! You know...on 7DPO...I had this horrible cramp that lasted probably about a minute...then just kind of dull achey cramps off and on since then. Also...that day I had a huge amount of creamy CM...like tons. Hmmmm...
Yup, the obsession train is going full force this month....I did pretty well last month, but today every cramp, pull, twinge, slightly metallic taste in my mouth is cause for speculation (and a quick rush to FF to check my nice-looking chart again!).
#182 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM

{{{{Travelgirlz}}}}} I am so so sorry for your loss.
#183 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Simcon - that is wonderful. Sending many sticky thoughts to you and your bean!

Astraphell and JennM - Fingers crossed you get to join the evergrowing list of BFPs.

Frog - glad to hear you are hanging in and that you and DP figured out a plan of action that works for you both.

Tash
#184 of 464 Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So sorry Travelgirlz Maybe your body is just gearing up and you'll be like Mahrens - chemical one month and sticky the very next.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#185 of 464 Old 04-11-2008, 07:10 AM

wow this thread looks great this month.

we did 1st ai for this month last night and will be doing one sat and mon. really hopeful this month as it's our first with clomid.

sorry for peoples losses.

congrats to all those bfps.
#186 of 464 Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM

Simcon- Congratulations! : : I am so thrilled for you, and have everything crossed over here for a sticky baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
It's like AngelaM always wanted, a queer baby boom!
Heh heh, I love that I'm being quoted on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Ok, whose next?
Umm, can I nominate you? Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirlz View Post
So it looks like I will be on the queer and ttc ride a little longer.
I'm so sorry, Travelgirlz. My first pregnancy ended similarly, and it was really, really heartbreaking. I'm glad that you and your DP are there for each other; be good to yourselves, and know that that baby is going to find you, soon.

In other news, KJM, Mollie, and FtMPapa and I were on a panel last weekend about queer reproduction that ROCKED! It made me really grateful for the connections I've made here on the queer parenting forum, and specifically during my time ttc. This is a really awesome, special group, and I'm glad that we're all here for each other. Especially, you know, in the midst of this queer baby boom...

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#187 of 464 Old 04-11-2008, 08:37 AM

(((((travelgirlz)))))) I'm so, so sorry.

also, an extra hug for Frog, whose blog I've been reading since I found a link on rachel swan's page a couple of years ago....

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#188 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 01:45 AM

Can I be moved to waiting to know?

Unfortunately, I do not have the best feeling for this cycle. I ovulated sometime before the IUI. I triggered Thursday night and went in for an ultrasound on Friday morning because I thought I was getting ready to ovulate Thursday during the day. The plan was to do the IUI Friday morning if the ultrasound showed I had already ovulated and if I had not, go ahead and do it on Saturday.

Either way, the ultrasound Friday morning at 10am showed TWO follicles. The one that was 17.5 on Wednesday was 21.5 on Friday and the one that was 14.5 grew to 18! The ultrasound tech said that each follicle still contained the fluid and I guess the fluid leaves the follicle before the egg does.

When I woke up Saturday morning, my temperature had already spiked! I immediately started crying. My cervix was not nearly as open and EWCM was pretty much gone. I went ahead to the RE and had the IUI a few hours later.

I apparently ovulated sometime between 10am on Friday (time of US) and 6:00am Saturday when I woke and had a thermal shift. The IUI was done at 8:30 this morning.

What do you all think? Is there any hope? And how long does it take from the time ovulation occurs until the thermal shift happens? For example, could I have released the egg at 5:00am and already have a thermal shift at 6:30am? I looked through the charts at FF and not one chart shows pregnancy and an IUI after ovulation.
#189 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 AM

2happymammas Don't give up hope yet, eggs can be good for 24 hours. And, go to fertility friend and take a look at all the pregnant charts that had their first IUI ON THE DAY OF TEMP SURGE - Just like you! Stay positive, I think it could still happen.

ETA: I just noticed that you said you couldn't find charts that show pregancy after IUI on day of surge. Try searching for pregnancy charts with using frozen donor sperm. It can happen! I hope it happens for you!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#190 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 AM

2 happymammas... Don't give up hope. I have read several stories about the insemination that finally worked was the one where they were sure they were too late. Lots of fingersex for you :

Travelgirlz

AAU: We went to see the therapist on Thursday. Not sure she added much to our understanding of everything. The best thing I came away with is that I really do feel Quasar and I are on the same page as far as this being the perfect time to start a family and use her as the one to carry the child. Now we just need to figure out this known donor issue. We are having our donor talk to a therapist in his city so that we are sure he has a good understanding of the issues surrounding this. If we can just get Quasar past the "ick" factor, we will be all set.

We are sitting this month out and both feel good about it. We really want to explore this known donor option. We could have put a rush on it to try this month but decided not to rush and just get all our ducks in a row. And if we decide to stick with frozen, we may switch banks. Xytex is great but waaayyy too expensive. Midwest looks great but I have contacted them three times (2 email / one phone call) and no one has gotten back to me yet. So lots to think about.

So please move us to Taking a Break. I feel this month off will be good for our sanity too.

Lots of for all of you still giving it a go this month.

Any BFPs while MCD was down??

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#191 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 AM
kjm

Simcon!! :jump ers:: yeah yeah, another graduate of the "long haul" crew!! Congrats to you, DP and Maddy!!!

Travel--I'm so sorry sister! I've been down the road of chemical pregnancy too, its very disappointing! Take care and know your body is getting ready.

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#192 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 AM

Hey everyone !!

So glad we are back online ! Pfewwwwww !

Well things are going good for us so far. We went for an US friday morning after taking clomid 100 mg for 5 days (3-7) and I had 4 follicles mesuring 14, 16, 16 and 17 mm. My doc wanted to give them one more day to grow before triggering and she thinks that at least three will be good, perhaps even the 4. So we triggered saturday night and if all goes well, I'll O just in time for the insem monday monrning.

There is one other thying I am changing this time around... I have decided to take it EASY for a few days. I am taking off monday and will be working from home the rest of the week, avoiding my stressful work environment. I am hoping this will help a bit.

Hoping that the queer babyboom will continue !!!!!!

Good luck to all who are still in the tww... and hugs to those recovering from losses...

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#193 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

I am so glad MDC is back up and running!!! I have added another to the list!!!! Yep...that's right...ME!!!! Got my BFP Friday morning...10DPO!! My temp has dropped just a tad over the last two days...but my test lines are actually getting much darker. So, hopefully all is well. I would be due for AF on Tuesday...so my RE has ordered blood work for me that day. We are just so incredibly excited...and I'm completely freaking out.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#194 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I am so glad MDC is back up and running!!! I have added another to the list!!!! Yep...that's right...ME!!!! Got my BFP Friday morning...10DPO!! My temp has dropped just a tad over the last two days...but my test lines are actually getting much darker. So, hopefully all is well. I would be due for AF on Tuesday...so my RE has ordered blood work for me that day. We are just so incredibly excited...and I'm completely freaking out.
Congrats! You must be over the moon. This month is so exciting in this thread!

::
#195 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Wow wow wow wow !!!!

Spring definitely has an effect on queer mamas !!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!

Coco
xxxxxxxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#196 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
kjm

::::ja wKeep 'em coming ladies!! keep 'em coming!! Congrats Jen!!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#197 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 AM

: JennM :

Congrats!!! This is sooo crazy! You must have been dying over there with MDC down! I just knew there was going to be another BFP when we got back up and running!

But the bigger question is... who is going to take care of the thread next month? We need your magical thread keeping powers!!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#198 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 03:06 PM

JennM!!!!! ::

Here's to a nice sticky one for you!

In my news, still holding off testing. 10DPO here and not feeling very hopeful about it. I've had some definite PMS mood swings and the usual skin break out so I'm pretty sure AF will be showing up on time on Monday. I guess it's not over til it's over though, so I'm trying hard to wish some of that great baby juju over this way!
#199 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Juju to you Astraphell!!!! Don't lose hope!

#200 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 PM

for astraphell

: for jennm! WOW! dec. ddc is OURS!

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#201 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 06:50 PM

JennM- Congrats!!!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#202 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM

JennM OMG!! and Holy S#@t! I just can't believe the bfps this month ::

#203 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM

JennM freaking incredible. We aren't even halfway through this month. : crazy crazy stuff. CONGRATULATIONS.

I'm thinking that a queer thread in Dec DDC is totally feasible at this point

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#204 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM

If I get pregnant this cycle, my due date is January third. I am so totally going to fib and join the December DDC.
#205 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
If I get pregnant this cycle, my due date is January third. I am so totally going to fib and join the December DDC.
If it's multiples, you totally wouldn't be fibbing!

(only wishing multiples on you if that's what you want...)

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#206 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
:

To all the mamas with BFPs! All hail the BFP!

Plentiful sticky dust and oodles of fairygodmother juju coming at you from my little nook in the mountains.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#207 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

I honestly can't believe all the BFP's this month!!! Wow!!

Once I get my blood work confirmation Tuesday...I'm gonna head on over to the Dec DDC. It awesome how many of us there are...incredible.

2HM...you definitley should join Dec if this is your BFP cycle...close enough, right?

#208 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 PM

I have changed my mindframe. Instead of freaking that I ovulated before the IUI, I am keeping in mind that I had two follicles. So, I could have had a thermal shift and still be in the game with at least one of the follicles.

If someone has two follicles, they do not ovulate both at exactly the same time, do they? Anyone know how much time was lapse from one follicle ovulating to the next?
#209 of 464 Old 04-13-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
What do you all think? Is there any hope? And how long does it take from the time ovulation occurs until the thermal shift happens? For example, could I have released the egg at 5:00am and already have a thermal shift at 6:30am? I looked through the charts at FF and not one chart shows pregnancy and an IUI after ovulation.
YES! There is lots of hope. You timed ideally for what would be a second insem, if you were doing two, and now you know - you don't take that long to go from about to O to Oed, just like me.

Also, since you know you had two follicles, that's great - you would hopefully O twice, and they could be up to 24 hours apart, plus the thermal shift would happen with the first one, so that means you might have only Oed the first time before your insem. The way I read it, you could still have fraternal twins, even.

Besides, this month is apparently lucky, lucky, lucky as far as BFPs go.

I'm cranky and bleeding over here, CD 2, and I'm still on a break, but ever so slowly not being able to take any more breakiness, so I want back in the game soon. We'll see.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#210 of 464 Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 AM
kjm

for those keeping track, I started bleeding and hour ago, oh well guess I won't be inseminating today?:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page