Queer TTC April 2008 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck with your appointment on Friday, frog! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Smartycat & quasar-- I think it is good that the known donor situation is getting shook up a bit, even though it is really hard. I think it is good to work through all of the possibilities about what would be good and bad about this setup if things change radically. I hope that you are able to come to some sense of closure and understanding about it, though.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#242 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
Good luck with your appointment on Friday, frog! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.
Heh--you were on my list of people (okay, you WERE the list of people) to update today about what's going on. Yay, MDC, for saving me an email!

I'll let you know what they have to say, though I suspect it will be nothing much on Friday.
#243 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Frog: I hope you find the answers you seek at the RE's office. If you are comfortable, please let us know how it goes. That is awesome that Turtle is willing to carry your child if need be. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you both.
Oh, rest assured, you'll hear all about it. I promise.
#244 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Oh, rest assured, you'll hear all about it. I promise.
Oh good, I hope it goes very well! I liked getting our fertility clinic involved--it suddenly felt like it went from a somewhat lonely enterprise (when it wasn't working) to "team baby"--Rah rah rah!

Hope the grieving is going ok, too-- Having to grieve sucks..
#245 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcon View Post
Hope the grieving is going ok, too-- Having to grieve sucks.
Yeah, it really does. I'm doing all right--the fact that the weather is warming is helping, and so is having Missy's cats in our life. Last night was their first night with full run of the house (they'd had that all day, before, but we stashed them in a closed room overnight to give them some time to sleep and regroup), and Little Miss Growlypants promptly curled up on my belly and purred both of us to sleep. The purring--it soothes me, for sure.
#246 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to. Seems like others, even good friends, who are not TTC just don't understand. For example, my whole office is being moved to another building with no elevator. We have a choice between a 3rd floor office or a 1st floor office. I told my co-worker/good friend/1 of only 2 people who know I'm TTC that my choice was 1st floor because I worry about being 8 or 9 months pregnant and having to drag myself up and down 3 flights of stairs 6 to 10 times a day. She didn't even acknowledge what I said and continued talking about the pros and cons of each space.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but a simple "yeah, that might get rough" would have been enough. Sometimes DP doesn't even fully understand how consumed I am by this. It's such an understanding, caring group of people here - glad I have you guys

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#247 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
kjm

Pran!! forget about THEM!! You are one of US!!! and we're glad to have you here!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#248 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Thanks KJM!! That makes me feel better

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#249 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Aw, pranava. People. They are big with the sucking.
#250 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post

Maybe I'm being too sensitive
Naw... I dont think you are. I think you are hurt and rightfully so. People often dont takle TTCing as seriously as being pregnant...

People just sometimes dont get how important this can be... and complicated too in our situation !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#251 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
People. They are big with the sucking.
So true. Such words of wisdom you have, Frog.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#252 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
So true. Such words of wisdom you have, Frog.
: We say that fairly often around our house--the thing about the sucking. We don't talk much about my wisdom. Hm. Maybe I should suggest to turtle that we start!
#253 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Thanks everybody!

#254 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
frog, this sounds almost yoda-esque.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#255 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 PM

OK !!!
I'm officially obsessing !!
And its only 2DPO !!! YAY !! This should be a nice LOOONG TWW....

What am I obsessing about ?
FF which is saying i ovulated the day before I should have... wondering if all 4 follicles ovulated... and if they ovulated at the same time... and if sneezing can mess things up... and if and when i can have symptoms... and remembering how badly it feels to have bfn.........

ick

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#256 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 PM

Quick question....I normally start testing at 10DPO. Since I acutally ovulated the day before the insemination, should I start testing at 10DPO or 10DPI? I know it is kind of silly and does not matter. 10DPO would be equivilent to 9DPI. Would 9 days past insemination be way too early to expect a BFP?

By the way, I am giggling like a little kid. I have had odd twinges/cery mild cramping yesterday and today.
#257 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
OK !!!
I'm officially obsessing !!
And its only 2DPO !!! YAY !! This should be a nice LOOONG TWW....

What am I obsessing about ?
FF which is saying i ovulated the day before I should have... wondering if all 4 follicles ovulated... and if they ovulated at the same time... and if sneezing can mess things up... and if and when i can have symptoms... and remembering how badly it feels to have bfn.........

ick

Coco
I am in the same boat as you. I ovulated the day before my IUI this month. I had two follicles. From what nurse who did my IUI (and other wonderful queer mamas here at MDC) told me, you should not expect to ovulate multiple follicles as the exact same time. You would likely ovulate them within a 24 hour period and would get one surge (thermal shift) with the first follicle that released.

You are not out of the game. Not at all. And we are close to being cycle buddies. I am 4DPI/5DPO. I am going to take that as a great sign, as we want to call any daughter CoCo. It's meant to be for both of us.
#258 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
You are not out of the game. Not at all. And we are close to being cycle buddies. I am 4DPI/5DPO. I am going to take that as a great sign, as we want to call any daughter CoCo. It's meant to be for both of us.
Thanks
I feel better now lol.
I really hope that is what it means !!!!

I am (from FF point of view) 3DPO, 2DPI, so a little behind.
If you wanna look at my chart, go to FF and type in my name (coco99 i think) and pass (sasha).

Coco
xx

#259 of 464 Old 04-16-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Thanks
I feel better now lol.
I really hope that is what it means !!!!

I am (from FF point of view) 3DPO, 2DPI, so a little behind.
If you wanna look at my chart, go to FF and type in my name (coco99 i think) and pass (sasha).

Coco
xx
Glad it makes you feel better, my friend. I tried to peek your chart at FF, but your information is not correct!

When do you plan to start testing?
#260 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Glad it makes you feel better, my friend. I tried to peek your chart at FF, but your information is not correct!

When do you plan to start testing?
LOL Not correct huh.... let me check ! LOL

Ok you were right

Name : COCO991
Password : sasha

I am so happy, this morning FF reassesed my O day and moved it to when I wanted it. Not that taht actually changes anything... but it makes me feel better.

We plan to start testing on the saturday which would be 12 DPO. We would have started at 10 DPO but I will be on a buisness trip and I dont want to test alone ! If its negative... I want my gf there so we can be dissapointed together... and if its positive, I need to have her there to freak out with !

To answer your question, I think I would wait to test on 10 DPI... because thats really when it started.

Coco

xxx

#261 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM

Could I please be moved to Waiting to O? :

AF is here with a vengence. Cramps, irritability, bloated and all.

We're supposed to start with the RE this month, but I'm concerned that we'll be out of town when I ovulate.

Does anyone know, does Clomid speed the process up for those who normally have a longer cycle? I could O anytime between day 15 and 24 and I'll be home up until day 19. If I know Clomid will speed it up, I'll go ahead with this cycle, but if it takes past that, then I'm out of luck.
#262 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraphell View Post

We're supposed to start with the RE this month, but I'm concerned that we'll be out of town when I ovulate.

Does anyone know, does Clomid speed the process up for those who normally have a longer cycle? I could O anytime between day 15 and 24 and I'll be home up until day 19. If I know Clomid will speed it up, I'll go ahead with this cycle, but if it takes past that, then I'm out of luck.
Suck. Sorry to hear that!

My understanding is that Clomid can/does speed it up.

I hate the way TTCing takes over one's life with travel plans, etc.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#263 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but a simple "yeah, that might get rough" would have been enough. Sometimes DP doesn't even fully understand how consumed I am by this. It's such an understanding, caring group of people here - glad I have you guys
Yeah, totally. Most people in my life totally don't get it. I'm starting to understand that it's not impossible to get, but it's a lot. I'm glad to have support here.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#264 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry Astraphell.

I too think that it can speed it up. I usually O around day 15-17...by day 10 they said my eggs were probably big enough to go ahead and trigger. But, my estrogen levels were too low and my lining was a bit thin so they waited. But, it definitely would have been possible to O earlier if those other things lined up ok. Not sure if you are going to trigger or not, but that might give you a bit more control over when you O. Good luck.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#265 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM

I just got off the phone with my insurance company, which covers "one attempt at artificial insemination per lifetime." No IVF is covered.

That's pathetic! And, yet, it's more than I thought they'd cover.
#266 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I just got off the phone with my insurance company, which covers "one attempt at artificial insemination per lifetime."

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#267 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 AM

Pran - I feel your pain also. Joining a support group like RESOLVE really helped me find others IRL to connect with. Terri is a wonderful wife, very supportive, but it's a totally different process when it's your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraphell View Post

Does anyone know, does Clomid speed the process up for those who normally have a longer cycle?
Sorry to hear AF came, Astraphell I didn't take clomid but I took femera which does the same thing. I used to O around CD 16-19 it moved my O up to around CD12-14. So yep, to moves it up.

Quote:
I just got off the phone with my insurance company, which covers "one attempt at artificial insemination per lifetime." No IVF is covered.

That's pathetic! And, yet, it's more than I thought they'd cover.
That's actually pretty good! I have pretty good insurance and it won't cover the insem so for them to cover one is really good. Still sad, but better than nothing.

-Rachel

#268 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post

Smartycat & quasar-- I think it is good that the known donor situation is getting shook up a bit, even though it is really hard. I think it is good to work through all of the possibilities about what would be good and bad about this setup if things change radically. I hope that you are able to come to some sense of closure and understanding about it, though.
Yes, as upset as I was when "complications" arose, I was glad that it came up now so we could address it before we make any decisions.

And Frog, hoping that the RE is not so much with the sucking.

And hugs to Astraphell

And peace, love and understanding to Coco and 2happymommas and any of you queer mammas to be that need it.

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#269 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
That's actually pretty good! I have pretty good insurance and it won't cover the insem so for them to cover one is really good. Still sad, but better than nothing.
Oh, no question. It's more than I anticipated, for sure.

When I pressed her for more information (specifically, I asked if she could define "artificial insemination" for me, and whether drugs would be covered, if needed), she told me, "Your doctor will explain everything to you, but nothing vitro is covered."

"You mean in vitro fertilization?"

"I think so. Your doctor will know more."

#270 of 464 Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
And Frog, hoping that the RE is not so much with the sucking.
He comes recommended by some highly lesbionic friends--who have a son.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page