Queer TTC June 2008! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got back from camping and wanted to quickly pop in!

Pigirl and Erica ::CONGRATS!::

-Rachel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica12009 View Post
: Finally! BFP today!! We are shocked and excited. I'm speechless. My wife made me take 3 more tests after the first positive! We were shaking. It was awesome.

PiGirl, I can't believe we have the same due date! It's perfect. :
So very happy for you !!!!!!
Wow... y'all make up some good baby vibes for all of us still tryin !!!!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 06-29-2008, 11:22 PM

: wow Erica! Congratulations...and after only 2 tries! I imagine you're the envy of most of us here now!

Let's hope this great queer fertility will extend to the same depths as the April Queer TTC department! :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Woohooo!! Congratulations, Erica!!!! ::

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

So... what do you guys think? Should I start the Clomid or not this cycle? keep going back and forth about it. Part of me is thinking just to try one more cycle without it and let my body have a chance to get back normally into things. Then if this try doesn't work, go to the clomid. But then another part of me is thinking to just go for it. Since my ovaries were uncooperative the last time, maybe they need a little boost and this would give it to them. Then I just wonder since I'm having doubts about it, then that might mean I shouldn't do it. The doctor didn't set up an ultrasound or even say I needed one to see how many follicles form. Isn't this normally done? Or is that only if a trigger is being used? I would kind of want to know how many have formed so that I didn't run into issues of high risk multiples if I were to get pregnant this time. I know it's not good to be impatient, but I don't want to sit out this cycle for either late/no ovulation or too many follies. Just a little unsure of things right now...

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 AM

if your ovaries need a "little" boost, as you put it, I would try some herbal tea with red clover blossom in it before jumping onto the clomid bandwagon... at least that's my vote. red clover blossom is estrogenic and it always gave my hormones a nice gentle push in the right direction and shortened my follicular phases anywhere from 10 - 20 days.

A great tea is a handful of red raspberry leaf, a handful of nettle leaf and a handful of red clover blossom... steep in 1 liter boiling water in a covered glass jar overnight, then strain and drink a cup or so every day. Easy, not nasty tasting, and a safe tonic.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
So... what do you guys think? Just a little unsure of things right now...
Hey there...

I wouldn't do clomid without ultrasounds. Perhaps you could ask for it if you chose that route. Most people have a reasonable number of follies but some have too many... and the risk of high order multiples is great then.

Also... I dont remember if you had an HSG ? That would be something I would do before trying anything else... Side effects of clomid are nasty and you dont want to have them for no reason... I did, it sucked !

I know how emotional this is... its so hard to make rational decisions sometimes isnt it... it was for me !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 06-30-2008, 12:49 PM

Hey Quasar...I agree with Coco...I WOULD NOT do Clomid without ultrasounds. It really does affect people differently...so it's better to be safe than sorry. That said...Clomid was a breeze for me. I only did 50mg...so maybe it was because I had a lower doseage. I did have some night sweats for a few days...but that was the worst of it. And I only produced 2 mature follies. So, it doesn't have to be this evil thing. BUT...it can be. So, definitley demand ultrasounds if you go that route. Of course, it's all got to be within your own comfort zone. I know for me...it was peace of mind. I did clomid/ultrasounds/trigger. For me...it took a lot of the stress and worry away because I knew the RE was monitoring when I would O...how my follies and lining were coming along...and all that good stuff. But...to each their own...that was just my experience. Just make sure you're comfortable with it...and if you're hesitant...maybe it's not the worst thing in the world to wait another month. Good luck...let us know what you decide.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM

Oh man, this board has good luck. I'm sticking around here for sure.

So, another question from the newbie:

I got a trigger shot on day 16 (June 17th) , so I probably O'd on day 17 (June 18th). Based on a pretty regular 28-day cycle, I would be due for a visit from AF today. However, I am taking a progesterone supplement which I understand will probably prevent that from happening

Took two First Response HPTs this weekend - BFN. Would you all recommend that I get a blood pg test tomorrow (13dpo) or Wednesday (14dpo)? Is it even worth doing another HPT? I just want to find out for sure as soon as possible so I can stop the progesterone and start a new cycle if this one is a bust. I have terrible AF cramps this morning and want to let her do her thing -- unless of course these are preggo cramps.

Any and all advice would be much much appreciated. My RE is unreachable, on vacation. Ugh!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quasar - I took 50 mg of Clomid one cycle, skipped a cycle and took 75 mg this cycle without monitoring. If I could afford the ultrasounds I would have done them, but everything seems to be going smoothly without. I do have to say that I worried with every twinge and symptom that I had overstimulated my ovaries - just paranoid I guess.

Ellie - I would hold off on the blood test for a few days. The early response hpt's are as sensitive as the blood tests. If AF doesn't show today, I'd take another hpt tomorrow. Good Luck

9dpo - BFN I know that's ridiculously early, but somehow it still depresses me and makes me think this cycle is a bust. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all. PMS sucks and makes me extra depressed in these last few days of my cycle. I'll test again tomorrow.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 PM

quasar, one of the things I've been thinking about is the fact that until you started TTC, your cycle was pretty normal.

I see some women who are really sensitive to stress -- they'll go months like clockwork and then visit unhelpful family or have a job loss or fight with their partner and ovulate a week later that month. I'm wondering if you are also sensitive to stress and maybe diet changes. Maybe the stress of TTC is really impacting your cycle.

I know that you want to be pregnant now, but I think it might be a good idea to take a month off and try to develop an exercise or meditation or screaming and punching things routine. Also try to get on a regular sleep schedule if you aren't already -- even if the regular schedule has you sleeping from 2am to 11am The idea is to give your body a chance to discharge stress and tension so that it doesn't impact your hormones. If the changes shorten the cycle, then great. If they don't, then try the clomid the following month and order sperm then.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
...try to develop an exercise or meditation or screaming and punching things routine.
Just when I thought you were going to go all zen on us, you throw in the screaming-and-punching-things line. LOVE it!

quasar, could your visiting niece have thrown your cycle out of whack?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Quasar - I second (or third, or fourth) that you shouldn't take the Clomid without doing ultrasounds. We all know how that turned out for me, and I was only on 50mg too. I don't know that I overstimulated each of the three months I was on it, but I did definitely have some very bad cramping and ovarian pain every month, as well as some other nasty side effects that I'd rather not have to go through again. I really think that if I'd had an ultrasound the first month and they saw what was going on, I wouldn't have repeated it for two more months.

AAM: I'm still having nasty off and on cramping and not feeling great most of the time. My temps have been steadily elevated since CD10, even though my ultrasound on CD13 showed that I hadn't ovulated yet. I haven't had a positive OPK at all either. I'm very confused and wish that they would have let me have one more ultrasound to see if I did ovulate or not. If AF shows up in the next couple of days, then I'll know that I did actually ovulate on CD 10. If she doesn't, then I may have to see if I can get in to the doctor to see what the heck is going on with me now....
Old 06-30-2008, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies everyone. :After thinking it over and just with my own doubts about it, I am going to hold off on the Clomid for now. I believe that I'm ovulating and I think maybe this past month was just messed up with having to move furniture around for our floors right around the time of ovulation, and then with the niece coming here, the funeral for our friend, etc. I know I should maybe sit out this cycle since I don't have any idea what time frame I would be ovulating... but ... I can't stand the thought of not trying this time. The last cycle we sat out, I had the most perfect OPK and monitor readings. If I sat out and had that again, I would be kicking myself that we didn't try. I really thought going into this past cycle that things would work out. I was very positive, and only became stressed right at the moment that it mattered most I guess. So I am going to just try to be calm about things, take up a hobby or something to keep my mind off TTC until it gets to O time. I'm even unsure of doing any herbal methods because the time I took the Merry Mother tincture, it shortened my LP, but gave me other symptoms. This baby makin' business can be rough, can't it?

Oh, tomorrow is the first of July. Is there anyone intereseted in taking over the thread? If not, I can do it again, just let me know!

Old 06-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Hey y'all!

I'm just popping in to say Whoah, I'm way behind on this thread!

I'm feeling a little lonely out of the TTC loop, so I'm gonna try to come by more often.

I just checked Fertility Friend, which I'm now calling Fertility Enemy, 'cuz it's no friend of mine, and I'm on CD 42, with no sign of bleeding in sight.

That makes this my longest cycle in four years of charting.

I thought y'all would understand. Any and all advice solicited and appreciated. And, no, there's absolutely no chance that no blood is good news. Sadly.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

I feel for ya Papa. : My last cycle was what, 50 days, longest that it's been since I was about 20... Super annoying while trying to conceive. Hopefully your madness will end soon.

heart-n-bones- Happy baby making this week!

MamaCaveBear- : Is it ok if I move you over to waiting to know? :

Old 06-30-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Oh, tomorrow is the first of July. Is there anyone intereseted in taking over the thread? If not, I can do it again, just let me know!
You know, I've been around here long enough without stepping up, so I think it's about time I helped out!

Um, PM me how to make the new thread??
Old 06-30-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
I think it might be a good idea to take a month off and try to develop an exercise or meditation or screaming and punching things routine.
We have decided on a wonderful plan for releasing stress and getting more exercise... Lots of humpy-humps :

We are going to do it every day until we get pregnant. We are counting on you guys to keep us in line and make sure we are following the plan.

I think this is a great idea : (But then again, I have been watching my season 4 "L Word" DVDs )

What do you all think??

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
We have decided on a wonderful plan for releasing stress and getting more exercise... Lots of humpy-humps :

We are going to do it every day until we get pregnant. We are counting on you guys to keep us in line and make sure we are following the plan.

I think this is a great idea : (But then again, I have been watching my season 4 "L Word" DVDs )

What do you all think??
Definitely to be filed in the "Can't hurt, might help, so why the heck not??!?" category!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 PM

Okay, a couple of hours early, but the July thread is up here!

Thanks quasar for doing such a great job with the June thread!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat
We are going to do it every day until we get pregnant.
day-um!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post

day-um!
:

User Tag List