Mothering Forum banner

Queer TTC June 2008!

18K views 501 replies 36 participants last post by  quasar 
#1 ·
Queer and Pregnant thread is here.

Queer Taking a Break from TTC is here.

Thanks to pranava for keeping last month's thread!

:A Rainbow of options!
:

Waiting to O

Astraphell
knit_grrly
MamaCaveBear
wishin'&hopin'
pleasantlyfurious
heart-n-bones
quasar (and DP smartycat)

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

TerraCotta
familypart2
giggleblue
pranava
BurtsGirl
Ellie74

Insemming all the freakin' time!
kjm

Turning into a Porcupine and Waiting for Harvest
Coco99

Waiting to Implant

Taking a Break

DM630
FtMPapa
Hulahoop
mhiccup
osker
Sprout's futuremom
Sugersen
want2bmoms
wannabemoms
Amigone
maorimama
snoopy13
Sugerson
simplelah
QTRANDI
SGrey
teafor2
baby_baby_mommy
Zyla
twylightdove

Waiting to be Ready
erthe_mama
katharinerose
ktcl (and DP megincl)
lemurmommies (and DP ruvalokiteshvara)
willowbean
FJKelley
JennM1021

:
GRADUATES
:

June BFP's

starling&diesel
PiGirl
Erica12009

April BFP's

tigermiep
MujerMamaMismo
tiggerkong22
simcon
2happymamas

March BFP's

JenInMpls
mahrens77

February BFP

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222

See less See more
#102 ·
Hello everyone

Well I am back. This has been a pretty rough ride for us. I want to thank all of you who responded with so much care and support... it is very touching.

We are going for IVF. We met with the clinic on wednesday and they explained everything... YIKES !! Yikes at the cost and yikes at the shots (we calculated, it will be over 110 shots all in all if I get pregnant !!!!) and yikes at the procedures... but we want this, I want this. We have received the huge gift of my parents offring to help with the cost of treatments. And we discovered that our insurance will pay for 80% of the meds (about 2000$...) so all this became possible.

So we are starting with my next cycle... in about 10 days. I should start the first med somewhere around the middle of july and the second somewhere at the end of july. My doc thinks that the eeg retreival and embryo transfer will take place in the first week of august. Its good because starting in 10 days, I will be off work for the summer... so its perfect timing... I dont know how I would fit this into my trainer schedule, with being out of town so much.

So we are back on the saddle... just with a very different path ahead of us than we initially expected.

We need a new category at the beginning of the thread... we have one for waiting to implant... but we need one for waiting... for waiting for egg retrieval... it could be called "turning into a porcupine and waiting for harvest" lol.

And btw... congrats to Starling & Diesel... yay for a successful implantation... and wishing you a happy journey into parenthood...

Coco
xxx

#103 ·
You want it, you got it, Coco! Glad to see you back in the game.
And glad insurance is covering some of it for you! That's awesome!

#104 ·
Whoops... this is smartycat.
: I'm using quasar's computer because mine is packed away as we are having all of our carpets replaced and our entire household is pretty much shoved in to our dining room right now. Frog, you aren't the only one who can't control your pet's urinary habits. I was going to mention trying Prozac for that. No joke. With the new additions to the household, there is certainly some stress going on and the prozac does wonders for bringing on kitty zen-ness and along with that a desire to use the litterbox
I have a friend that works at a cat-only vet clinic and she swears by the stuff. If you are interested, pm me.

Hi CoCo! I can't wait for you to turn in to a porcupine! I'm glad you were able to pursue this new path. Very exciting.

Hey, where did everyone go? Did y'all get a 3-day weekend or something? No fair. :nana:

Just sitting here
:ing that quasar's temp goes up today.

Hope you all have fun this weekend.

Oh, and P.S. I LOVE that the lurkers have all come out of the woodwork to say hi! Its nice to know you guys are out there and supporting us.

#105 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quasar View Post
You want it, you got it, Coco! Glad to see you back in the game.
And glad insurance is covering some of it for you! That's awesome!
Quasar !!! You really DID add my new category ! lololol

Thanks

Coco
xx

#106 ·
But of course Coco! I aim to please.

Still nothin' new to report over here. Temps still are pretty low. I've been temping at all sorts of weird times. This morning I kept waking up and I would take my temp, but be annoyed by it, so when I'd wake up an hour later, I'd take it again. I put the highest temp on my chart simply because it was closest to my normal waking time and it made my chart look nicer.
Wish I was feeling something more than nothing as far as symptoms go, but no such luck. Sometimes after O my breasts are a little tender and seem larger, but I'm not getting that at all even. It'll be interesting to see how these next few days go.

Our floors are finally in now. All I can hear is the constant clicking of the dogs' nails on the floor (which is what kept waking me up this morning...). I'm a little worried because one of our kitties is nowhere to be found. He was really scared yesterday and I took him to the basement so he could hide. The workmen have been gone for at least 6 hours and we just got in from work a little bit ago and my search for him has turned up nothing. Poor guy was so pitiful yesterday.
I hope he comes out tonight- he likes to sleep on my pillow.

#107 ·
Poor Quasar's kitty
I hope you find him tonight.

I'm glad you're back in the game Coco!

I'm just chillin' over here. CD2 and af is in full force. It takes so long to get an appointment at my doctor's office that I thought I'd try Clomid again this cycle. If it doesn't work, I've got an appointment lined up for early the following cylcle. I'd switch doctors, but this clinic has 3 women MD's and a midwife on staff. So, I'll start Clomid tomorrow. I'm not holding back this time- 100mg it is. If I end up with twins or triplets, so be it

#108 ·
pranava ... sorry to hear that AF showed. The next installment of The Movie Of Your Life: Pranava-nava-nava ... triplets!

Quasar Did Houdini Kitty appear? If not, you might consider checking under the floors. That's where we found one of ours.

#110 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pranava View Post
Poor Quasar's kitty
I hope you find him tonight.

I'm glad you're back in the game Coco!

I'm just chillin' over here. CD2 and af is in full force. It takes so long to get an appointment at my doctor's office that I thought I'd try Clomid again this cycle. If it doesn't work, I've got an appointment lined up for early the following cylcle. I'd switch doctors, but this clinic has 3 women MD's and a midwife on staff. So, I'll start Clomid tomorrow. I'm not holding back this time- 100mg it is. If I end up with twins or triplets, so be it

I say GO GO GO !!!!!!

Wishing you the best month

Coco
xxx

#111 ·
He reappeared last night, thankfuly. I think he was just waiting until he was sure that it was just us that were home and that the scary men were gone. Darn those scary men!

pranava, sorry about AF.
Your chart always looks so awesome. How sucky that it's so mean to you. But I think twins or triplets might be a nice way to make up for things.

My temp was at least above the coverline today. Yay! Though... smartycat turned on the heat here because she thought I have just been too cold since we started the airconditioning.. Um, it's supposed to be 90 today or something.
But turning up the heat in here worked to bring my temp up, so who knows how accurate anything has been the past several days since my schedule has been all messed up, too. Still holding out hope that a little embryo has decided to stick around.

#112 ·
Just popping in to
: for Quasar, Coco, and Pran. I'm on CD7 and just chilling out right now. We're planning a Disney trip in late Sept/early Oct this year so I'm reading guide books and distracting myself as much as possible. After so many months of TTC our new motto is "we're not planning our life around our insems, we're planing our insems around our life." So, if I'm pregnant in the park, Great! If not, more rides for me!

Quasar, your chart looks like a huge implanting dip but will all the issues you seem to be having getting an accurate temp it's hard to tell. This is just a suggestion because it sounds like your stressing a lot about it but, do you think you could skip a few days of temping, like 2-3 and then see where it's at. Might settle you down a little although sometimes it's really hard to stop temping in a cycle once you start. Just a suggestion.

#113 ·
quasar, your chart looks good to me

Is anybody out there paying cash for a clomid+ultrasound+trigger cycle? I have a client I might suggest this to but I really have no idea what it might cost. I know the drugs themselves are cheap, and I get a sense of what the office visits might be, but the ultrasound throws me for a loop. When I send women for pregnancy ultrasounds it can be as much as $800, but I can't believe it is for fertility work.

The Pride festival is bringing lots of positive energy and attention toward babymaking in my town -- I didn't have a booth this year because I knew it would be a crazy time, but the phone is still ringing lots. It's a happy time.

#114 ·
Hi all! It's so hard to keep track of where everyone is in their cycle...but I'm just pulling for everyone!
Smartycat...Quasar...so glad the kitty showed up safe. We got a new bed a few weeks ago...one of our kitties hid under another bed in a spare bedroom for a week! We knew where she was...but the poor girl was just so scared she wouldn't budge!

Defenstrator...I do clomid/ultrasound/trigger/iui cycles now. Some of you might remember...I was all up in arms when I found out that my insurance wouldn't cover it unless I was "married" (to a man of course). So, I ended up getting a quote for an out of pocket cycle from my RE. They quoted me about $1500 for the whole cycle. Now...I don't know what happened...but I never have gotten a bill from my RE...and just the other day I got a notice from my insurance that said they paid it! I was stunned!!! It actually ended up being closer to $2000...but I had some whacky stuff going on and had an extra couple ultrasounds I think.

Anyway...AAM. The miscarriage has happened. Unfortunatley...it was quite an event. I started to bleed Thursday evening...cramping...the whole nine. More of the same Friday. The cramping was bad...kind of like what I would imagine contractions to be. It was really intense every 5-10 mintues...then nothing. More of that Saturday A.M. then all hell broke loose! I was bleeding uncontrollably...and the cramps were constant...and actually had me doubled over in tears. I coulnd't stand...almost blacked out once when I tried. So...a 911 call later...DW and I were at the hospital and they admitted me for an emergency D&C. My biggest fear...I DID NOT want a D&C. But, the pain and bleeding was only getting worse and the ultrasound showed the sac was still in tact...and there was a LOT of blood left to pass. Anyway...when all was said and done...it wasn't that terrible. I was back home last night and other than being a tad crampy today...I feel much much better. And now...finally...we can move on. So...I guess we will be back in the game as soon as my body is ready. My mind and heart are ready...that old whacky uterus of mine just needs to follow.

#115 ·
Smartycat & Quasar - so glad kitty showed up. We foster litters of kittens for the humane society (right now we have 5!!!) and they are always scared the first few days - we try to keep them in one room, but inevitably one or two escape and hide in the darnest places - in our linen closet, under the sink, in the walls - it's always an adventure.

Jenn - I am so sorry you had to go through that. It sounds horrific. I am glad you are feeling better and on your way to moving forward.

AAM - well I finally got a positive OPK today - CD15 (fakeout CD21) so I'll be going in for my first IUI tomorrow. I was so excited to see that damn smiley face this morning - I'm a little concerned for myself on the TWW emotional rollercoaster! Wish us luck!

#117 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post

Is anybody out there paying cash for a clomid+ultrasound+trigger cycle? I have a client I might suggest this to but I really have no idea what it might cost. I know the drugs themselves are cheap, and I get a sense of what the office visits might be, but the ultrasound throws me for a loop. When I send women for pregnancy ultrasounds it can be as much as $800, but I can't believe it is for fertility work.
We paid cash for our IUI's. The bill was $600 something and the RE took 20% off for paying cash. We ended up paying $489.60 and that included the IUI and ultrasound. The Clomid and trigger cost about $100 together. Without counting in the cost of sperm, clomid+one ultrasound+trigger+iui cost us right at $600 per cycle.

#118 ·
Quote:
Without counting in the cost of sperm, clomid+one ultrasound+trigger+iui cost us right at $600 per cycle.
Man...I got screwed on my deal!!!! Well...the quote they gave me of $1500 actually was going to include 3 ultrasounds, several rounds of blood work, meds and the IUI. So...maybe they didn't try to rob me blind afterall. Hmph...maybe not.

Pleasantlyfurious...
: for you tomorrow!!! No lie...the TWW is tough. But having this group of mama's-to-be to come and vent and obsess with makes it just a little easier to handle.

#119 ·
Jenn, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad that it's over for you now. You seem to be in a pretty good place with it all, so I hope that you're able to move forward soon.

I'm sitting here at 10DPO today, playing the "do I have any symptoms?" game. My chart looks great, but I know enough to not get too excited. I still have at least two more days before AF should be here, so a pretty chart doesn't mean much right now!

We've actually been forced out of our house tonight due to bad storms and a power outage, so I'm relaxing in a pretty nice hotel room after a nice swim in the indoor pool. And the best part is we were able to bring our puppies with! A nice break to help me keep my mind off things. Now I'm more worried about our food in the freezer!

How have all the other Michigan mamas fared this weekend?

#120 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
quasar, your chart looks good to me

The Pride festival is bringing lots of positive energy and attention toward babymaking in my town -- I didn't have a booth this year because I knew it would be a crazy time, but the phone is still ringing lots. It's a happy time.
We did, here is what it cost us...

Clomid : 50$
Trigger shot (ovidrel) : 80$
Ultrasdounds (as many times as needed) : 200$
IUI and sperm preperation : 200$

#121 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
The miscarriage has happened. Unfortunatley...it was quite an event.
Oh I am so sorry for you.......
Here are some hugs... if you want them.

Hoping that next time will be the right one for you...

Coco
xxx

#123 ·
Jenn, just wanted to send you a big
. I hope you're feeling better today.

S&D, how are you and the tot(s) doing? Don't you go for your beta tomorrow?

pleasantlyfurious, sending
: for your IUI today! There should be a recovery program for the TWW.

astraphell, how nice to be relaxing by the pool during the tww and so glad you were able to take the pups. If they are anything like mine then they are very thankful not to have to freak out over the storm by themselves!

#126 ·
Jenn, my heart is with you. That whole experience sounds terrifying, in addition to heart breaking. I wish you peace and all kinds of extra strength as you move through all this.

AAM: I'm back from France and jetlagged as all heck. I don't know what time to temp, I don't know what time I should have been taking the Femara, I don't know what time I should be taking the antibiotics for my HSG. Oy. Oh, and my HSG is this afternoon and I think I'm going to be there alone. I didn't ask DP to come with because a) it's in a hospital and he has a nasty cold, and b) his job doesn't give him any paid time off, and I need him with for the insem later this week more than I want him with today. But still. I'm scared about how they're going to get my cervix open. It usually hurts A LOT at the IUIs, and that's when it's already somewhat open for Oing. Plus, this is a male doctor for the first time ever. Oy oy oy. It's at 2pm Eastern today. Folks wish me luck?
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.