Mothering Forum banner

Queer TTC June 2008!

18K views 501 replies 36 participants last post by  quasar 
#1 ·
Queer and Pregnant thread is here.

Queer Taking a Break from TTC is here.

Thanks to pranava for keeping last month's thread!

:A Rainbow of options!
:

Waiting to O

Astraphell
knit_grrly
MamaCaveBear
wishin'&hopin'
pleasantlyfurious
heart-n-bones
quasar (and DP smartycat)

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

TerraCotta
familypart2
giggleblue
pranava
BurtsGirl
Ellie74

Insemming all the freakin' time!
kjm

Turning into a Porcupine and Waiting for Harvest
Coco99

Waiting to Implant

Taking a Break

DM630
FtMPapa
Hulahoop
mhiccup
osker
Sprout's futuremom
Sugersen
want2bmoms
wannabemoms
Amigone
maorimama
snoopy13
Sugerson
simplelah
QTRANDI
SGrey
teafor2
baby_baby_mommy
Zyla
twylightdove

Waiting to be Ready
erthe_mama
katharinerose
ktcl (and DP megincl)
lemurmommies (and DP ruvalokiteshvara)
willowbean
FJKelley
JennM1021

:
GRADUATES
:

June BFP's

starling&diesel
PiGirl
Erica12009

April BFP's

tigermiep
MujerMamaMismo
tiggerkong22
simcon
2happymamas

March BFP's

JenInMpls
mahrens77

February BFP

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222

See less See more
#152 ·
pigirl - I'm so sorry your experience was so difficult. I'm so nervous to do mine this month!

giggleblue - Hang in there

frog - Wow, and here I was complaining about losing power for a night! I'm glad everyone is okay, and I hope that there wasn't too much damage to your wiring and everything. These storms we just had were insane! I think they got angrier as they moved across the state, so you got it even worse than we did.

#153 ·
Yeah, they were really bad and weirdly isolated. My colleagues were really surprised that we'd had damage--they had none, and a lot of our neighborhood had downed trees and things. A few miles from us, we saw a large, mature tree that had snapped off at the trunk about 7 feet off the ground. The top was leafy and lovely, so it didn't look like decay was to blame.

It was all very weird--I'm just REALLY grateful for the cool weather behind the front that went through last night/this morning.

#154 ·
pleasantlyfurious: just to be an enabler
I had my most horrible insem ever in March with a very anterior cervix; the procedure took half an hour and the doc had to use a clamp and an os finder and still wasn't sure that he had gotten the sperm into the uterus (even charged me for an ICI instead of an IUI). I was certain the timing was off, and then there was a glitch in the swimmer delivery (sperm bank had only delivered 1 sample instead of 2) and I couldn't do a 2nd insem the next day. Yet here I am with a 4-inch-long parasite in my womb, making me sick and exhausted. So do not lose hope.

frog, my kitty sends your kitties much love after the frightening weather. She will not get off of my lap. I am assuming that means "send my love to frog's kitties".

#155 ·
Hi all ...
Wow, frog! I'm glad you and your posse are safe and sound!

AAM: I just went to do the blood work, but because we live in the BOONIES, I won't know the results for a couple of days because it has to be shipped out.
So in the meantime, keep those sticky vibes coming our way (we're in the coastal mountains, BC ... if that helps your aim).

Much love to everyone regarding all the goings on ...

#158 ·
frog- how horrible and scary!! I'm glad everyone is ok though and the fire was out before it caused even more damage! Have you been able to get your power restored yet? How sad about your mom's cousin.
I hope he has a quick recovery and is able to get the twins back soon.

giggleblue- BFN's suck. So sorry. Good luck to your partner for her upcoming insem.
: Which bank are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

astraphell-

s&d- Lots of
:
: vibes coming your way

#159 ·
Sorry I wasn't on here earlier. My stupid computer was acting up on me. After three virus scans and a couple reboots, it appears to be working a lot better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't crash on me again.

I'm 9 DPI and not having any symptoms, but I really want to test for fun. My chart looks beautiful, however... um, I'm not sure on some of the temperatures. I am completely guilty of chart alteration.
Yes, I got those temperatures upon waking. However, I also got lower temps when I woke up a few hours earlier than usual. I think I put the higher temps in because I want some hope to hold onto and they were maybe a little closer to normal waking time. Besides they make the chart look awesome, don't they?

#160 ·
Hey y'all - just popping in to catch up.
vibes to S&D!

Holy guacamole, Frog - that's intense!

It's a million degrees and then some here, and my ankles are swollen like crazy. My boyfriend tells me that my hypochondria is not allowed to persist through my pregnancy.

I am not pregnant. Yet.

I spent the weekend with a close friend, my former intended KD, and we revisited the issue, and it's now, finally, clear to me that he never will be my KD.

I have a sense of closure about things, and I'm thinking it's the time to begin the search with some actual legwork.

Last, confirming to me that they really are ready, my partners both seemed disappointed when I came home from my weekend visit without a little bit of my friend's genetic material.

I did O this weekend, against all the odds. I see him for one weekend, the first time I see him in two years, and I O that weekend. Even if it was somehow fated, he's not getting the message, so I will move on without him. I'm sad and yet relieved, I think.

#161 ·
hey all - just wanted to say that the most recent HipMama has an article in it about pregnant daddies.

(It was surprisingly short, and I was a bit disappointed that it had little to do with being ftm and pregnant, but it was gratifying to see it given space.)

#162 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I spent the weekend with a close friend, my former intended KD, and we revisited the issue, and it's now, finally, clear to me that he never will be my KD.
Shoot, Papa, I'm sorry. I was thinking of you this weekend (we were in Noho for trans pride), and hoping that you were getting some good KD sperm.
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
hey all - just wanted to say that the most recent HipMama has an article in it about pregnant daddies.

(It was surprisingly short, and I was a bit disappointed that it had little to do with being ftm and pregnant, but it was gratifying to see it given space.)
That's funny, I was just about to blog about this. Yes, it was pretty short (though, everything in Hip Mama is...), but I felt like it was a nice counterpoint to all the press from a few months ago after the world's "first" (yeah right) pregnant man got all that press from Oprah, etc.

Thinking good sticky vibes for everyone out there, and hoping for an end to this heat wave...

#169 ·
Update from here (still not baby-related).

We still have no power--the most recent estimate is midnight on Friday night. The power company was by last night and we found out that they can do nothing until we have an electrician out to rewire from the meter to where it connects with the external wire, so that's happening today. While the electrician was there this morning, he noticed that the cable's also fried, so the working theory is that the house was hit by lightning, which likely means there's more damage than just the AC--probably wiring, and possibly other appliances.

Good times.

Note to Jen, quasar and smarty: I don't know if I can make dinner tomorrow night. It all depends on whether we'll have service folks who need access to the house. We're feeling VERY lucky that it's not killer hot here this week, but don't really want to bank on the weather continuing to operate. I have Jen's cell phone number and if we won't be able to make it, I'll call her.

#170 ·
So, we were not counting on having a try this month since KD was going to be out of town until too late. He gets back on Friday and I don't think I've ovulated yet. My cycles been a little off this month, with much more CM than usual and on unusual days. And I had a big temperature rise this morning, which is strange and too early. Bur I've been taking OPK's for the last few days and haven't had a surge yet. So, I'm hoping that the temp thing was just an abberation this morning cause I was so hot when I woke up and I'll surge tomorrow, which would be perfect for KD getting into town on Friday.

But I'm not setting my hopes on it yet...

#171 ·
DM-
I'm so sorry.

Apparently my chart is triphasic... I guess maybe that's why I should put the temperatures in that I think are the 'real' ones.
My waking times have been all over the map since Ovulation and I don't think the chart is accurate in the least, but it looks great! I tested last night and it was negative. I think I will test again tomorrow or Friday.

#174 ·
Thanks everyone for all of the support. It has been a hard day.

Not sure what our next step is. We are meeting with the Dr. next week for a follow up.
No matter what we are going to have to take a break for a while. I had found out yesterday that they did not freeze any embryos because of poor quality. We don't have the 7,000 to pay for another cycle right now, not sure when we will. I am not giving up this dream yet.
I think that we are going to take this time to focus on our relationship and nurturing it right now. It has been two years of ttc, so maybe we need to shift our focus.

#176 ·
We have good news!
The beta came back at 1457!

We're officially pregnant ... with a due date of Valentine's Day!
:
Thank you, every one of you, for your sticky baby vibes.
I'll be on the prometrium until mid July ... and of course, won't take anything for granted until we bring babe(s) home.
So please keep us on your rosters of prayers and well-wishes, and I'll keep all of you on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.