Mothering Forum banner

Queer TTC June 2008!

18K views 501 replies 36 participants last post by  quasar 
#1 ·
Queer and Pregnant thread is here.

Queer Taking a Break from TTC is here.

Thanks to pranava for keeping last month's thread!

:A Rainbow of options!
:

Waiting to O

Astraphell
knit_grrly
MamaCaveBear
wishin'&hopin'
pleasantlyfurious
heart-n-bones
quasar (and DP smartycat)

Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

TerraCotta
familypart2
giggleblue
pranava
BurtsGirl
Ellie74

Insemming all the freakin' time!
kjm

Turning into a Porcupine and Waiting for Harvest
Coco99

Waiting to Implant

Taking a Break

DM630
FtMPapa
Hulahoop
mhiccup
osker
Sprout's futuremom
Sugersen
want2bmoms
wannabemoms
Amigone
maorimama
snoopy13
Sugerson
simplelah
QTRANDI
SGrey
teafor2
baby_baby_mommy
Zyla
twylightdove

Waiting to be Ready
erthe_mama
katharinerose
ktcl (and DP megincl)
lemurmommies (and DP ruvalokiteshvara)
willowbean
FJKelley
JennM1021

:
GRADUATES
:

June BFP's

starling&diesel
PiGirl
Erica12009

April BFP's

tigermiep
MujerMamaMismo
tiggerkong22
simcon
2happymamas

March BFP's

JenInMpls
mahrens77

February BFP

January BFP
cookie70

December BFP
Scalpel

November BFP
mamimapster
AngelaM
solejean
lmh222

See less See more
#2 ·
I hope no one minds. I didn't see a June thread started, so I started one up. If anyone objects let me know, but I'm happy to take over and hopefully usher in a bunch of positives!

AAU- We did our ICI late last night, and an IUI through the midwife this morning. Things appeared to be looking pretty good, and the IUI went off without any trouble at all!
: I'm a little nervous about temping tomorrow, but I think that the timing was excellent, so I'm going to move us over to Waiting to know.

#3 ·
Coco...I just caught up with your post. I am so so very sorry. There are no words that can erase your pain...but please know everyone here is willing to listen. You are most definitely in my thoughts right now.

Frog...yay for circus boobies!!!!
:

Quasar...lots of
for you and Smartycat that this is your month!!

AAM: We decided against using that medication my RE prescribed to "speed up the process" of my miscarriage. In the end...we were sitting there just staring at the pill bottle sitting in front of us...and pretty much at the same moment...we just looked at each other and knew we didn't want to do it this way. I can't explain it...but it just feels wrong somehow. I have no sign of infection...so the RE says there's no reason I can't just continue to wait it out. I want this to just happen so badly...just so we can have some closure and move on...but for whatever reason...it's not time. So...we wait...and I'm actually ok with that. For now at least.

#4 ·
I hope it is okay to post here still. I am in agreement with Jen and miss this thread. I still check it very first when I log on to MDC. I am so rooting for all of you. The DDC is so big and impersonal. I did join the Dec DDC, even though I am due in January, so I could be with the slew of queer mamas who got pregnant that month. I am only due on January 3...close enough.

First, CoCo. I am so sorry. I saw your post a few minutes after you posted it and have been wanting to respond, but did not know what to say. Nothing I can say can make take away the pain of your experiences and current reality. All I can say is that I am thinking of you and will be so very excited to see when your post your BFP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasar View Post
We did our ICI late last night, and an IUI through the midwife this morning. Things appeared to be looking pretty good, and the IUI went off without any trouble at all!
: I'm a little nervous about temping tomorrow, but I think that the timing was excellent, so I'm going to move us over to Waiting to know.

Yay for excellent timing! You have to let everyone know what happens with your temp tomorrow (can't rememer if your chart is in your siggie. If it is, please disregard the previous statement).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
We decided against using that medication my RE prescribed to "speed up the process" of my miscarriage. In the end...we were sitting there just staring at the pill bottle sitting in front of us...and pretty much at the same moment...we just looked at each other and knew we didn't want to do it this way. I can't explain it...but it just feels wrong somehow. I have no sign of infection...so the RE says there's no reason I can't just continue to wait it out. I want this to just happen so badly...just so we can have some closure and move on...but for whatever reason...it's not time. So...we wait...and I'm actually ok with that. For now at least.
I am glad you were able to come to a solution that works for you. I did elect to use the Cytotec when I had a blighted ovum. The loss was at aout 3.5 weeks. I did not start to spot until the day before my 13 week mark and the doctor said it would likely be a few more weeks because I was spotting brown and my cervix was still tightly closed. If you ever want to know anything about the medication, please feel free to PM me.

Frog

I was so disappointed to see that you did not temp this cycle. Meh, I really wanted to obsess over your temps. When are you testing? You know, I got my BFP at 8DPO on a dollar store test.......

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Frog

I was so disappointed to see that you did not temp this cycle. Meh, I really wanted to obsess over your temps. When are you testing? You know, I got my BFP at 8DPO on a dollar store test.......
Ditto to this. I can't believe you are torturing us with a lack of temps!! And when are you testing? And if you refuse to play along and temp and POAS... then we at least need "before and after" pics of your circus boobs!!

AAU: OK, we just had our IUI like 6 hours ago and already I want to test!! Of course, after we burned through seriously 30-50 OPK strips this month, maybe Quasar doesn't want to pee on any sticks for a while. Stacia left us alone to "cherish the moment" after the IUI, and we chose to crack jokes and just be silly. Quasar was concerned that she would laugh out the semen to which I replied that we needed a "twat stopper" and that just caused us to
: even more! Then on the way home, I took a corner too fast and knocked over the sperm tank that was too full of liquid nitrogen from the creepy gas supply place. I hear this thud, hiss... Oops!
Well, after we didn't die or freeze to death in our car, we tipped the tank back up and went on our way. Ugh, why is every month a whole bunch of craziness?

And CoCo, I am so sorry about your news. I too wanted to say something but words just fail how unfair it is. You don't deserve that. I'm sorry your TTC journey has taken this detour but we are here to help you no matter where it takes you.

#6 ·
Frog - I too am awaiting any news with baited breath.

Coco - I hope you've been able to take good care of yourself. I'm so sorry there is so much coming up for you right now. I'm sending you healing thoughts.

Quasar - thanks for taking the lead on the thread!

JennM - I'm glad your a going with your gut about the medication. I hope you get some closure soon.

AAM: I'm OPKing and hoping for ovulation - but not too early and not too late. Weds - Fri would be perfect. Long enough for my lining to build up and not so long that I"m freaking out that the sperm will expire. Last month was pretty dry, so we should be due double BFPs this month, right???

#7 ·
Twiddling my thumbs over here, six days after the embryo transfer.
Boobs are sore, and I am derailed daily with fatigue ... along with weird pings and pangs in my belly ... well, who the heck knows what those sproglets are -- or are not --- doing.

How about you,frog?

And pi ... so sorry to hear about AF. How was the sushi? I hope there was wine involved too?

#8 ·
Hi, we (both of us) have lurked for a bit...and here we are. Wishin' is doing clomid and IUI and we have a KD, Hopin' is praying tons and trying to be supportive. We did an IUI today so are now braving the two week wait. Frankly, the process sucks
:...anyone out there get pregnant with 1.2 mil? Yup, our frozen goods not as good as the doctor wants...

Otherwise, glad to find this place for support. Lots of
to all those parents to be.

#9 ·
wishin'&hopin'! Glad to have you on the board! Yay! I have a cycle buddy. Welcome to the TWW. I know the numbers are discouraging, but they always say that it just take one.

pleasantlyfurious- no problem.
I'm happy to take on the thread and will be even happier if I can help bring a rush of BFPs.

frog- anymore fun symptoms today?

JennM- I can't say I know what you're going through, but to me it makes sense to just do things on your own time and when it feels right. I don't know if I'd be able to take the pill either.

To all our pregnant queer friends. We miss you guys too, but are very happy you graduated!
: It's always nice to see your familiar SNs come up to offer us encouragement.

#10 ·
It's been a crazy weekend. I left to visit my family Saturday morning. DP stayed behind becuase of work. Our oldest dog, who we knew was going downhill, took a turn for the worse and had to be put to sleep Sunday before I even made it home.
: It's weird and empty feeling when a member of your family is missing.

No pregnancy symptoms here at all, in fact no real pms symptoms either. I'm not very hopeful right now. AF is scheduled to show around Thursday.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Oh, you're going to HATE this answer. I'm not testing at all--I promised turtle that I'd be as Zen as possible about this cycle and that includes no peeing on anything. If I'm not bleeding on Wednesday (and that's likely to be the case, regardless), I'll call to schedule a beta.

And an update, such as it is: Yesterday, I felt like absolute crap. I nearly puked more than once, I was starving yet had no desire to eat, I took a two-hour nap in the middle of the day, and still with the tatas.

This morning, the breast tenderness is pretty much gone, I still feel pukey and I'm having cramps like I get before I bleed.

I think the "symptoms" were from the hcg shot.

#12 ·
I took my temp about an hour early today, but I got a small temp increase this morning, so it'll be interesting to see how it progresses the next couple days and see where FF puts my crosshairs. That'd be cool if they were put at around 97.3 and today's temp was the first one to cross the line.
I'm done peeing on things for now, until 10 DPO. I'm going to try to show some restraint.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pranava View Post
It's been a crazy weekend. I left to visit my family Saturday morning. DP stayed behind becuase of work. Our oldest dog, who we knew was going downhill, took a turn for the worse and had to be put to sleep Sunday before I even made it home.
: It's weird and empty feeling when a member of your family is missing.

No pregnancy symptoms here at all, in fact no real pms symptoms either. I'm not very hopeful right now. AF is scheduled to show around Thursday.
Oh, Pran ... I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Our old girl died about a week ago. It's hard and sad.

As for if you're pregnant or not ... I'm still hopeful for you!

#17 ·
Well, I think you can probably put me in Taking a Break. We got a call from KD last night saying he's being sent out of town again for two weeks and won't be back until the 13th. That will probably be too late this month. And I'm not going through the craziness I went through last month trying to figure out if he would be in town or not at the right time. If it happens that I haven't ovulated by the time he gets back in town, then we'll go ahead. But I'm writing this month off for now to keep the craziness at bay. After this two week trip, he will be done with his 6 weeks training, and may have more flexibility in his schedule for future tries.

Why didn't we freeze some of his swimmers?!!!!

#18 ·
Aw, heart-n-bones.
How sucky that you may have to sit out this cycle. But, it does sounds promising for the next cycles once he's got his schedule a little more open. I moved you over, but if by chance you're able to get in this cycle, I'll be happy to move you back.

pranava, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup.

frog, It's always possible some of the symptoms were from the trigger, but I still think you're pregnant... Are you normally pukey before AF?

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quasar View Post
frog, It's always possible some of the symptoms were from the trigger, but I still think you're pregnant... Are you normally pukey before AF?
Not really, no, but I have some reflux issues and sometimes it's hard to tell what's what, you know?

I know it, Jenn! If I didn't have turtle to keep me balanced and normal, I'd be peeing on sticks left and right and agonizing over every tenth of a degree. This way's actually not that bad, turns out.

#20 ·
Hi there, I have been following you all for awhile now (creepy, right?) and I have just been waiting and waiting for a regular cycle to return and now I am once again TTC ! We are using frozen this time, as our KD and his wife are having 'issues' and she doesn't want him to help us again.

We tried for years with frozen and gave up, got pregnant 7/06 almost by accident, and in case it proves tricky again, we are starting now even though our daughter just turned one.

We were going to try for the first time Friday, but DHL LOST OUR SPERM!!! Yup, they forgot to take it off the truck and it ended up god knows where and too late for this month's egg.
: We had them send it back to wait for June. Wow, what a reminder that we cannot control everything, no?

Could you please add me to the Waiting to O list?

And much luck to all of my fellow humans TTC!!!!

Thanks!

#22 ·
Oh, okay, I confess- another graduate coming out of lurkdom to say that I actually read this thread first thing every day. As someone said earlier, I really do feel like the community and support I found on this thread were one of the most valuable parts of my journey toward parenthood. And yes, for whatever reason, the Queer and Pregnant thread is just not as dynamic.

That said, I continually root for all of you to graduate off of this one and come join us over on the "quiet thread."

#23 ·
MamaCaveBear- Welcome back! Wow, I would seriously not be able ot handle them losing the sperm tank! Yikes! I mean, as if figuring out your own timing isn't hard enough...
I wish you the best for the upcoming cycle and hope that nothing like this ever happens again!

Hi Angela

#25 ·
MamaCaveBear!!! I would have LOST IT...if my swimteam didn't make the journey like that! You are obviously one very patient mama.

To all you "lurking" grads...I know what you mean about feeling a little wierd about posting here once you've moved on. Of course...like you...this was my first stop at MDC every day too though when I was preggers. But...having been on both sides now (and back again)...I say...POST AWAY mamas!!! Like Frog said...it's encouraging to know you're out there.
There is hope afterall!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.