Queer TTC July 2008! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 440 Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll totally join your self-pity party in the doom and gloom room, Jenn. I PIAC last night and this morning (12/13 dpo) and got 2 BFNs with internet strips. Now I have to wait and get disappointed all over again tomorrow with a blood test to confirm so I can feel safe stopping the progesterone.

Was just so sure it was my month. We insemmed three times with fresh swimmers right up to O day, and I even had ultrasounds to confirm the timing. My cycle is normal; his sperm is apparently awesome. What gives?!

I think the little bean is just being stubborn. Maybe s/he wants to be a Taurus, which would make next month the right time to conceive....

Love and kisses and happy happy : to everyone else. Don't let us mopey types bring you down. The time will come for all of us.
#422 of 440 Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM

Ellie...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that tomorrows blood test has a nice little surprise for you. You never know. And...thanks for joining my pitty party though...I was lonely. Sometimes it just feels better to get it out...whine a little...and then in the end maybe realize that things could be so much worse. Our day will come...it might not feel like it all the time (especially now) ...but one way or the other...it will. I have to believe that...or I could never keep going with all this madness.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#423 of 440 Old 08-02-2008, 03:22 PM

Ok so here is our update !

After going to the clinic every day for ultrasounda since Thursday , the doctors have decided that we are a go for egg collection on tuesday. Right now I have 8 follies that seem like they will make it in time to be mature by then. I have 7 between 15 and 21 mm and one at 13,5 mm. So I took my last dose of Puregon today. The doctor seemed happy with the result she had today and said she expected to retreive between 7 and 8 eggs.

We are hoping to have two embies to transfer at day 5... The doc said that at my age and with my dx, there were too many chances of high order multiples if they transfered more than that. I have to say... in the circumstances... we wouldn't mind having twins...

Be well everyone !

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#424 of 440 Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 PM

Sounds awesome, Coco!!! Good luck on Tuesday and with the upcoming transfer!!!

Any news, ellie? :

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#425 of 440 Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Hello everyone,

As I wrote in my last post, our ER is next tuesday (YIKES!) and our clinic asked us to bring with us a "soundtrack" to listen to during the procedure. We want to make a CD with meaningful songs for this event... so far we have two songs : Calling all angels and Lullaby (Dixie Chicks)...

We ran out of ideas after that tho lol.

Any ideas anyone ?

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#426 of 440 Old 08-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Great news on your follies Coco! I hope everything goes smoothly on Tuesday. As for song suggestions, I have two.

Turtle Flowers - by Sonia of Disappear Fear (she wrote and performed it with her nephew - so sweet). I think it's on the album "Me, Too"

Colors - by Kira Willey. It's used on the Dell laptop commercials "I'm orange today, loud and messy like fingerpaint..." etc. It's actually part of a collection of children's yoga songs. I find it sweet and relaxing.

Hope these help!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#427 of 440 Old 08-03-2008, 02:47 AM

I'm on CD1 - finally - after a 38 day annovulatory cycle. So, in spite of the cramps, I'm glad about that. They doubled my clomid cycle so hopefully I can squeeze an egg out.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#428 of 440 Old 08-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Lurking, but can't not post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Regardless of what everyone says, a healthy baby (or two, in this case, what a blessing they're so robust) is NOT the only outcome that matters.
Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post
Oh wait, WE are those annoying people

:
I am seriously sitting here crying tears of joy for you two!
I've been stalking you for a while, hope ya don't mind!
#429 of 440 Old 08-03-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyKP View Post
I am seriously sitting here crying tears of joy for you two!
I've been stalking you for a while, hope ya don't mind!
That is so sweet. : We don't mind at all

CoCo: I am soooo excited for your ER and soon to be ET!! :

Pleasantlyfurious: Here is : for an ovulatory and very successful cycle

JennM: I'm stalking your chart : : ?

FTM Papa: Hope your KD talks went well this weekend :

Ellie: Good luck in this next cycle!

Wishin&hopin: Welcome back!! I hope plan humpy hump works as well for you as it did for us. Just be careful with how you combine it with your church visiting plans.

We are still enjoying these early stages and keeping all of you in our thoughts. :

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#430 of 440 Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM

Well...what a weekend! Saturday morning...woke up and tested...got a very very faint line. It showed up very quickly...and did seem to have a pink color to it...so we thought it couldn't be an evap line. So...DP and I were on cloud 9 all day Saturday. Then...I woke up to a temp drop Sunday morning...tested again...negative. Another temp drop this morning confirmed it...AF is on her way. She should be here by tomorrow. I just don't know what to think...was it an evap line? A false positive? A chemical pregnancy? I guess we'll never know, and maybe it's better that way. Anyway...just trying to focus on the next cycle. We get to go back to the RE this time (hopefully) for an IUI. Of course...it figures that I will O some time during our vacation week.

#431 of 440 Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 AM

JennM, sorry you had such an up and down weekend. That sucks! I'm so scared of getting a false positive and getting my hopes up. Before we even started TTC, I took a HPT just to see what would happen and it came up a faint positive. Ever since, I don't trust them very much - even though they're supposed to be so accurate. But that was an internet cheapy.

I'm 6DPO and feeling very impatient. The last few nights I've had to get up many times in the night to pee. I hope that's a good sign...
#432 of 440 Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennM1021 View Post
I woke up to a temp drop Sunday morning...tested again...negative. Another temp drop this morning confirmed it...AF is on her way. She should be here by tomorrow.
Ow... I am sorry to hear that Jenn...

Must have been even harder after the hopeful saturday.

Oh well... onward huh ?

You are in my thoughts.

Coco
xxx

#433 of 440 Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Oh Jenn, that SUCKS! I'm so sorry! On the one hand, it is maybe nice to know that you got the timing right and that a sperm found the egg . . . but how horrible to have the excitement of a BFP followed by a temp. drop and a BFN. I had a chemical pregnancy the first time we TTC for Zeb, but luckily for me, I didn't find out about it until after I'd started to bleed (I had a beta done because AF was late and I felt pg, but was getting BFNs).

Dw is getting close to cd 1 here (sore boobs, etc.), which means we're almost officially TTC! How exciting! Today I've been on the phone with the fertility lab where the last vial of our donor's sperm is, and the fertility lab where we want to have it shipped . . . trying to make this happen, but it's very confusing. We still need to transfer ownership, and it's not totally clear to anyone how or when that's going to happen (i.e. before or after it's shipped). So much paperwork for a teensy bit of sperm that could end up making us a BABY.

One thing that always sort of weirds me out about the frozen sperm is thinking that half of the genetic material for our child has just been sitting in deep freeze for years, traveling on airplanes, etc.

And in preparation for the chance of this one little vial not making us a baby, we're still working up the courage to ask potential KD. We saw him this weekend, but we suddenly feel so shy and awkward (and a little giddy) about him. Dw had her courage all built up to do it, but then she saw him and kind of lost it. Eeeks. I think it would be easier if we knew him better.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#434 of 440 Old 08-04-2008, 05:24 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to start but I just want to TALK to someone! Here's my situation:

My partner and I have been TTC for a year. As she is older than I am, we have been trying with her, so she can give birth one more time (she is the BM of our son) and then I can try at least once. We have just decided to give her body the year off and start trying with mine. On my first appointment, I have 5 follicles on one side and 3 on the other. I am taking 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and going back to the Dr. on day 10 (8/8), hoping for 3-4 of those to be mature follies: I have a few questions I wonder if anyone can answer for me:

I have no health problems, regular periods, etc. I wonder what my chances are of this working the first time around? I know it's a lot to hope for, but we have been trying for a year, so I'm just ready for this to happen! Does anyone know what the chances are, given that my treatments aren't due to infertility?

Also, does anyone know how many follicles are usually present and accounted for before taking clomid? I know mine aren't mature yet, but 8 total seems like a lot
#435 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 08:04 AM

Ok..... I am very nervous.
ER is in an hour and a half...
I have tons of "what ifs" in my head that I try to quiet down...

After 8:30, I can be moved to "Waiting to transfer"..

This place is very quiet right now huh ?
Miss those graduates ;-)

Coco

#436 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love my Family View Post
I don't know if this is the right place to start but I just want to TALK to someone! Here's my situation:

My partner and I have been TTC for a year. As she is older than I am, we have been trying with her, so she can give birth one more time (she is the BM of our son) and then I can try at least once. We have just decided to give her body the year off and start trying with mine. On my first appointment, I have 5 follicles on one side and 3 on the other. I am taking 50 mg of Clomid for 5 days and going back to the Dr. on day 10 (8/8), hoping for 3-4 of those to be mature follies: I have a few questions I wonder if anyone can answer for me:

I have no health problems, regular periods, etc. I wonder what my chances are of this working the first time around? I know it's a lot to hope for, but we have been trying for a year, so I'm just ready for this to happen! Does anyone know what the chances are, given that my treatments aren't due to infertility?

Also, does anyone know how many follicles are usually present and accounted for before taking clomid? I know mine aren't mature yet, but 8 total seems like a lot
Hey there !

Welcome among us !
This is definitely the place for you !

I dont know what the "official "averages are but when I used clomid a few cycles ago, I ended up having 4 mature follies. I was on 100mg.

As far as it working the first time around, I think the chances for IUI usually are around 18-20% for any try, including the first

Baby vibes to you !

Coco
xxx

#437 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 08:48 AM

Hi! We've been trying off and on for a year and this month (with clomid) we have three follicles that are taking the lead. I don't know what the norm is, but we figure that three makes it more likely that one will make it. But, with the fairly high number of twins amongst those who have used fertility treatments (I think it increases the odds between 2 and 10 percent based on a few different articles I've read) large numbers of follies make us nervous--although we'd be cool with twins, just nervous for my beloved who would be doing the work of growing them. That said, we have another ultrasound on Thursday, then we will probably trigger with the alvadril sometime between that night and Saturday. (Also, when we've had multiple follicles in the past one or two have taken the lead by the time we actually trigger--so your numbers may change.) Also, our kd will be in town and we will be trying with the fresh stuff as well. We are really optimistic, me more cautiously so, this month. We are very tired of trying and the best way I know to describe how I feel about children in our family is a deep and profound sense of yearning. My dw is trying first because she is a bit older than I am--then the plan is for me to try next.

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#438 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 09:32 AM

Hi all. Yes Coco...it is quiet around here with so many of our regulars graduating recently. They will be missed for sure...and I'm sure they will be lurking and chiming in when they can.

So...Coco...I guess your ER is happening right about now! I'm so excited for you! I know you've been through a lot to get here...and it won't be long now!

Love my family...welcome! I think Coco is right...I've read the odds fall somewhere around 15-20% per IUI try. That said...I had my very first IUI in April...only ONE mature follie...and it did work. Unfortunately, it didn't take and I ended up with a blighted ovum...but at least it did work. I'm gearing up for my second IUI in just about 2 weeks! And I also am trying first because I'm a couple years older than DP.

Ok...I guess we need to start an August thread? I suppose I'll do it if no one else had their heart set on it. Come join me there!

#439 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 AM

thinking very soothing, calming, egg-retrieving thoughts for Coco.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#440 of 440 Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 AM

Coco!!! I'm thinking of you today! Sending you relaxing vibes, and sending your eggies/embies super-duper growth vibes!!! Keep us posted when you can!!!

It is a bit quiet...I'm not doing much other than popping more pills than Rush Lindbaugh. U/S Thursday, tranfer in exactly one week! So, I guess I feel like there's not much going on here. But I probably should be a better listerner/supporter since I *am* reading everyone else's posts.

I get to babysit a friend's 3 kids this weekend. almost 5, almost 3, and almost 1. I enjoy spending time with them, but its gut-wrenching, too.

Hopefully I'll finally get a BFP this time around, and can freely babysit without needing antacids from now on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page