Queer TTC July 2008! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunatly, I am completely leaving the TTC board. Jess and I broke up and I am moving back home. Maybe in a few years, I will be back. Good luck everyone, I thank you all for your support while we were trying, I can see now why it never happened for us. It just wasn't meant to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
Unfortunatly, I am completely leaving the TTC board. Jess and I broke up and I am moving back home. Maybe in a few years, I will be back. Good luck everyone, I thank you all for your support while we were trying, I can see now why it never happened for us. It just wasn't meant to be.
Oh, LaH. I'm so sorry.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Lah - I'm so sorry to hear that. You will be missed.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
lah ...
Take care, hon.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:08 PM

lah- I'm so sorry.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Lah I'm so sorry. Thank you for all of YOUR support and encouragement as well. I hope the new path your on will bring you to a good place.

-Rachel

Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 PM

LaH, I'm sorry to hear your news. Take care.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Hum... so very sorry to hear that...........
My thoughts are with you.
Take care of you.
Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 07-04-2008, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Take care of yourself, LaH.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:50 PM

this morning

But my temps are still up. I was really starting to think this was my month. Now I'm just not so sure. I know it's not over till AF shows but that bfn stung.

-Rachel

Old 07-04-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
LaH, I'm so sorry. My ex and I broke up right after I got pregnant. I wish you much healing and love. Please know that we're all here for you, whether you're actively ttc or not.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 07-05-2008, 04:41 AM

I'm sorry Burtsgirl. As you know though, it's not over till that evil aunt shows though. Here's some more to help you out!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Sorry Burt'sgirl. Here's hoping for high temps again this morning and a BFP!

You can move me to TWW. FF has me 3 DPO. Which I hope is true cause that means our insems were really well timed! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. And I'm trying to just go about life as if we hadn't done the insems so I don't get too stressed out this time. We'll see... AF will be due to visit July 14th. I leave for vacation on the 12th and am not planning on taking my thermometer with me or any HPT's. So, it will be a potentially long week of waiting to test if AF doesn't show up.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Oh ugh. So sorry BurtsGirl.

Have some . Hope that helps.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
this morning

But my temps are still up. I was really starting to think this was my month. Now I'm just not so sure. I know it's not over till AF shows but that bfn stung.
I know it sucks....
11 DPO is still early tho... keep your hopes up, talk to it... it aint over till its over !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 07-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Hey everyone...

BurtsGirl - I'm hoping for you! I want this to be your month!!!!

PiGirl - hey neighbour!

:

More queer and trans spawn in our little neck of the woods! Not that there was a shortage, but it's good to have more of 'em.

We should do another Northampton Meetup - maybe a picnic at Child's Park or Look Park one of these days?

I'm on CD 47 and likely to kill someone any minute now...still on TTC break, which I'm glad for, because my cycle has been so wonky of late.

A couple of conversations lately give me some hope about finding a donor some day soon.

Ok, I'm going back to lurking, but I'm reading every few days and trying to keep up with you folks.

I hope to be back in your ranks soon enough.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:36 PM

*cough* anyone else read giggleblue's blog today?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Just did! : She better get her butt over here and do the announcing!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Um, yes! Where is she?
:

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:52 AM

Katie, can you move me to Taking a break. I'll post more later, but we might be looking at adoption and moving on from TTC.

-Rachel

Old 07-06-2008, 02:19 AM
kjm

sooo many things to catch up on...
yes I've been 1/2 lurking--wouldn't leave my gals and guys in a lurch
congrats to 2 fertile wmass mamas!!

burts---- wicked big hugs to you sister!!! I only logged on because I saw you were the last comment. eager to hear about your new plan and loving you as much as you will let me right now!!!

Lah--I hear ya sister!!! not sure where you're at but you can feel free to PM me--If you remember I went/am going through that and I will tell you sista, nothing felt better then just simply plugging along inseming/dreaming my damn self!!!!

quick update moll and I have gotten over most of the wickedness and are exploring poly, she got her own place, I'm still inseminating (for the most part) took this month off (crazy month for KD) gonna skip next month as I'm off to Nicaragua and Costa Rica!! yeah!! yeah!! yeah!!

quick question----why have I never heard anyone on here talk abut the OV watch??? Moll's aunt just told me that her daughter tried for 9 months and then got the watch and it worked first cycle (10th actually)!!! Cousin is late 20s but apparently her best friend age 41 tried for over a year, got pregnant first cycle with the watch??? hello?? what is this nonsense???

miss you all madly--trying to juggle too many things (read---partners) over here crazy busy, but still crazy about baby making!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:28 AM
kjm

I was sooo happy to be back I forgot to rant--

I just received a bill for $1,498!!!!! for that HsG test I had back in January!!! uuuuggggghhhh::: firedevil

not sure if any of you remember when I was fighting with them in February???!! I called before I got the test and my insurance company said as long as the test was requested by a OB within my network!!! I HATE bureaucracy!!! any help i fighting insurance blood suckers greatly appreciated!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Katie, can you move me to Taking a break. I'll post more later, but we might be looking at adoption and moving on from TTC.

I hope you find a path that brings you peace.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Burtsgirl- Best wishes with your decisions.

kjm- Missed you here, and was wondering how you're doing! : Your upcoming trip sounds awesome!!! What's OV watch? Never heard of it before. But if it helps things out, I'm sure some people might be interested...

I got to POAS this morning! Yay! Low on the monitor today, and a crazy weird temp dip. Not sure what that was about. Just sitting here, waiting to O. Not much else going on.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:01 PM

I've heard of OV watch, it just seemed kind of pricey and I hadn't heard a lot about it, unlike the ClearBlue monitor.

Do you know if it confirms if ovulation has happened? I thought ClearBlue did, but it seems like not. I am so bad at temping, I want some other solution to confirm O.

Any suggestions, y'all?

For the HSG - time to complain to your insurance. It's diagnostic, not treatment. Besides, in MA they're required to cover IF treatment as well as diagnosis, no?

Does anyone know how that works in MA? I should add that to my list of things to look into.

CD 48, here -

And that is how I feel about that. Grrr.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Burtsgirl...big hugs to you right now.

So...AF finally arrived this morning! Never thought I would actually be happy about her arrival...but it does mean my break is over! 4 weeks exactly from my D&C...so hopefully my body is right on track to do it's thing. Now...where did I put my CBFM??? hmmm.... May I please be moved to waiting to O?

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 07-06-2008, 05:42 PM

kjm, MA insurance is required to pay for all infertility treatments; I don't know if they can require a diagnosis of infertility first, however. My insurance is picking up the tab for mine (and my partner is still legally same-sex), and for part of the IUIs as well, but I've had to call them every week or so and fight for it. We got our first (partial) reimbursement today, for our March (!) IUI. So keep calling and fighting, they should cave in, in the end.

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 PM

Jenn, lots of : that you'll be rejoining us in the Q&P ranks soon... :

Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lah - I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for all your support through this process. I hope your life stabilizes soon.

Burtsgirl - I know this has been a hard and long road for you, and I'm heartbroken for you that it's not working as planned. I hope your adoption road is short and sweet with a very happy ending. Keep us posted.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
WITH A BIG FAT POSITIVE, BABY!!!!!

: :

I've had 5 bfp's in 5 days and my temp is back up and hovering around 98.4. I get to call the Dr. in the morning and cancel my infertility consult that is scheduled for 9am. I can't believe it - 12 months after starting this I finally have 2 lines. It took fresh sperm and Clomid to do it. The most surprising thing is that I have slightly tender ta-ta's, but no more than with PMS, and no other symptoms. Here's hoping it stays that way and that the little one is healthy :

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

User Tag List