Queer TTC July 2008! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2008, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pravana and Giggleblue - I'm so late on this, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

::::::::

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 07:01 PM

Congratulations giggleblue!!! ::Good luck to your partner this cycle!
Quote:
it's those impossible months, where you don't think it's going to work, where you have a rough insemination, when the sperm was too late or too early in your mind
Hmm.. if this were true, I would have been pregnant four times already... :

Jenn- what a bunch of suckitude! Seriously, this is important stuff! Can they refer you to someone else for the IUI? If all else fails, as pranava said, there's really no problem using the IUI ready samples for an ICI and there has been success with it that way. I sure hope you get to work through this roadblock and will be able to join us this time around.

Burtsgirl- Thinking of you. I wish this journey was easier. I can understand where you're coming from.

Good luck to MamaCaveBear, heart-n-bones and any one else in their TWW!

AAU- The guessing game begins on when to have the swimmers delivered. We'd obviously like them here early versus having to do a last minute weekend shipment, but I'd also not have to have the tank refilled. The monitor is reading low, and I did an OPK yesterday and today and both had very faint second lines. I think we might shoot for a Thursday to Friday delivery. You guys aren't doing the best job of keeping us on track with project "Humpy Hump". I'm disappointed you let us get away with a two day break without scolding us.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 PM

Burtsgirl, all the best to you as you figure out the next right thing. I have great faith you'll be able to "geek" the process like the best of 'em.

Giggleblue, congratulations! I hope your partner gets her wish this month too. :

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

Old 07-07-2008, 08:47 PM

Hmm.. a fertility sign? Yesterday when I was digging some holes in the flowerbed, I noticed that a duck had set up a nest behind one of the bushes. I was careful not to disturb her yesterday, but today when I went to check on her, I couldn't tell if she was breathing so I stepped a little closer. Unfortunately she got scared off and stood several yards away quacking at me. When I looked at her nest, I realized she's incubating 10 eggs!!! I take that as a good omen of fertility around my house. I hope she comes back soon and I am no longer going to bother her since I don't want her to just abandon the nest. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't take the Clomid though. Can you imagine if I would have produced 10 eggs?!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM

That'd be quite a clutch if you'd popped 10 eggs, quasar.

jack, kack, lack, mack, nack, oack, pack, quack AND rack and sack!*

*see Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM

I'd take that as a VERY good sign Quasar!!! This just HAS to be the month for you!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess the IUI vials wouldn't be too bad if we needed to go that route. However, we decided to go back to PRS and get ICI vials from a donor there that we really really liked. We found him just before we had to switch banks because I started going to my RE...and were so bummed that we couldn't continue to use him. So...we're trying to make the best of a bad situation...and we're going to give it a shot with him this month! We're actually pretty excited about it, so we're being as positive as we can be. Maybe this is just the way things were supposed to happen for us?

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
quasar, i think the duck was a good sign!!! i hope she comes back for those eggs!!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
CD 49 here...for those keeping score at home. I'm now downing red raspberry leaf and red clover leaf tea....and biting anyone's head off who comes near me.

Fertility friend doesn't even know how to count past CD 48.

Keely, aka KJM and I are doing a roadtrip tomorrow to visit AngelaM - that oughta bring it on, right?
I am brewing some red raspberry leaf and ginger iced tea for you right now. Bring that water bottle, boy. This brew plus a swim in the ocean better do the trick...

(And anyone else who wants to beach it tomorrow, we're meeting at my house around 10!)

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 07-08-2008, 12:19 AM

congrats to all the new bfps!!! enjoy every moment because it goes SO FAST...i know you don't believe that now, but trust me...

my dp just got her first peak on the cbem as we begin our several months of charting before ttc #2. it was definitely reassuring to see that peak symbol pop up! our first appt with the clinic we used to get me pregnant is in september, so just a couple of months away. in the meantime, we are gearing up for our son's first birthday next month.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Now, as I sit here waiting 2 more days to know if things worked or not, I am reminded why we were never going to try again, when we tried for the last time (and it worked). I am so convinced that it didn't work that I am just a ball of nerves and gloom in the part of my heart that wanted one more baby so badly. I hate this. Where did my commitment to Zen go?!? How do you all get thru it? I did this for 8 years, what possessed me to start it up again????
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 AM

Is a diet of chocolate chip cookies and milk good when TTC? I don't know what's gotten into me, but I just can't stop eating these dumb cookies the past couple days!

How did the road trip go? :

Quote:
Where did my commitment to Zen go?!?
I was saying this to myself at the beginning of this cycle. Luckily I have calmed down a bit. It's hard to be Zen when something as important as this is going on though. Sending you strength to get through the next couple days till you get your BFP.

Tonight I got a slight line on my OPK. This doesn't necessarily mean a positive is right around the corner, since previous cycles I've had several days of slight lines before the positive. I'm thinking it will mean I see a high on the monitor tomorrow. I'm not going to start placing bets on when my positive OPK will come though. I'm just letting things happen, and hoping that the swimmers will be here before then. We haven't ordered them yet, but are definitely doing it today. I'm not sure what we decided though. Last time we did an ICI and IUI, we had talked about maybe doing 2 IUI's instead. Any thoughts about that?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 AM

Started Lupron this morning. I'm *realllllly* hoping the Lupron migraines steer clear of me. Still over a month til the transfer, but its feeling more real.

Send me lots of "stay the %$#@ out of my head, migraines!" vibes, please!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:55 AM

Girlie...I suffer from migraines occasionally (without help from any meds) and I know how terrible they are...so I will most definitley be sending you those stay the f&@% away vibes!!!

Quasar...that's a tough call. I guess I could see doing it either way. I got knocked up on one IUI but two vials. So, there are so many different ways it can work...or not work for that matter. Good luck deciding!

AAM...the RE's office said I could take my Clomid if I wanted even without monitoring this cycle. They said it is often done for women who don't do monitoring...just need a little help producing eggs. I was really opposed to it at first...but DP and I decided last night we should try it. I only produced one mature follie my BFP cycle while on it...so I have to wonder if I do have trouble producing eggies? Hmmm...anyway...it's a risk...but I'm willing to take it. We'll see! CD4 and couting...still staying as zen as is humanly possible for me.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Is a diet of chocolate chip cookies and milk good when TTC? I don't know what's gotten into me, but I just can't stop eating these dumb cookies the past couple days!
Maybe it's because you took two days off from plan humpy hump and you need the chocolate to replace the good feelings you're not getting elsewhere. :
Old 07-09-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart-n-bones View Post
Maybe it's because you took two days off from plan humpy hump and you need the chocolate to replace the good feelings you're not getting elsewhere. :

Great... I'm easily replaced by a chocolate chip cookie?

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:21 AM

10 dpo, bfn. I knew it. ugh. AF is supposed to show her hateful face tomorrow. I need to pull myself out of this mood...maybe I will buy myself some new camera equipment as a consolation prize.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM

So sorry MamaCaveBear - I hope she doesn't show up.

It turns out that I am bleeding! As predicted, I started yesterday morning - CD 50, I think?

AngelaM's ginger RRL tea is delicious, so I drank it to tone things up and keep myself together.
And we had us some ocean, I got a sunburn, and the KJM and I came home.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:22 PM

mamacavebear - are you sure it wasn't too soon??? i know a lot of people don't get positives until 3 or so days after implantation! it may have been too early...

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM

CD15 - still no sign of a positive OPK. I'd better get a surge tomorrow or Friday or I'm SOL. My Dr doesn't do insems on Sundays and I'm headed out of town first thing Monday morning.

I hate this feeling of dread and anxiety - so not good for TTC - but with a whole month's time and nearly $1k on the line, I can't really relax. Ugh.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Old 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
...- but with a whole month's time and nearly $1k on the line, I can't really relax. Ugh.
I hear ya. This transfer will cost me somewhere between $3-4,000. Some of it we were able to pay for out of pocket, but most of it will be financed. I am so terrified of having to write that check every month if it doesn't work.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM

pleasantlyfurious- I know the feeling... It sounds like your timing is even more crazy than mine, if that's possible. And trying to relax only makes things worse. I'll keep my : over here for you for a positive OPK before the weekend!

girlie- here's some "stay the %$#@ away migraine" vibes coming your way! :

MamaCaveBear- Holding onto hope for you. I know I've seen a lot of positives at day 12, when day 10 was negative.

AAU- The swimmers are set to arrive Friday. : I'm actually not being a 'sperm whore' as smartycat so eloquently put it this morning, and we're using the same donor we used last time. Hopefully my body will recognize the spermies this time and won't play the delayed ovulation game with me. We ended up getting two IUI units out of necessity since they didn't have any ICI available. I'm supposed to be going out of town this weekend, I have to work on Monday, and then I'm possibly travelling up north during the week. All depends on what the OPK's do. None of my travel plans are really set in stone, so whatever my ovaries feel like doing is fine by me (unless they pull the 50 day cycle stunt again) and I will work around them.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlie1125 View Post
I hear ya. This transfer will cost me somewhere between $3-4,000. Some of it we were able to pay for out of pocket, but most of it will be financed. I am so terrified of having to write that check every month if it doesn't work.
I understand..... this IVF will cost us around 9000$... at least our insurance will cover some of the 3300$ meds bill............ so it will be more around 6000$.....

Crazy numbers....

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM

the iui vials may work a little better for ici, since they are more concentrated, and any questionable ones have already been removed! are you going to space out the inseminations or do them both together???

Old 07-09-2008, 04:04 PM

the iui vials may work a little better for ici, since they are more concentrated, and any questionable ones have already been removed! are you going to space out the inseminations or do them both together???

we did two iui vials 12 hours apart.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:50 PM

I think we're still going to space them out like we've done before. I seem to ovulate between 36-48 hours post OPK surge. So we're planning on doing the inseminations at 24 and 36 hours post. Last time we did the ICI at 30 and the IUI at 36. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that last time was the first 'real' IUI we did, and I had spotting afterwards for about a day. The IUI when smoothly and wasn't painful or anything, but I worry that two IUI's within 24 hours might be harmful. But I know people do it all the time with no problems, so maybe I'm just worrying for nothing?

Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM

i've have cramping with the iui's we have done, but never any spotting.

during my second iui, the cervix was starting to close. it was really open for the first iui. have you thought about doing the iui first, and the ici second?

i was worried about doing two iui's back to back, because i thought that it may disturb something, so i completely understand where you are coming from.

as far as the spotting, i have read some blogs with women spotting after iui, because they have a sensitive cervix. so long as you aren't in pain, and it is only spotting, you should be okay.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
None of my travel plans are really set in stone, so whatever my ovaries feel like doing is fine by me (unless they pull the 50 day cycle stunt again) and I will work around them.
Quasar! You're back in the game! YAY! You too, eh? I just finished 50 day cycle yesterday.

In other news....I had a few bites to my personal ad, some of the guys were in their fifties, which I felt was too old, so I haven't e-mailed them back yet.

What do other people think? Is 50-55 too old for a KD?

I worry about quality of the sperm, and also that KD will likely not live past the spawn's teen years.

I'm not sure how much to tell guys in an e-mail back, I obviously have to bring up the trans thing, the papa-not-mama thing, and the polyamorous, I have two husbands, neither of them has sperm thing.

It's very complicated. I hope to meet a guy soon, I have AngelaM's very lucky OPKs that she no longer needs, so they are here to remind me to keep on looking.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:38 AM

i thought men's sperm production quality remained the same throughout age, at least until they aren't able to "get it up" anymore without little blue pills.

they aren't like women, who run out of eggs at that age. i think you should be okay, but i would suggest they have a semen analysis done - you can push that in there with hiv/aid and other std testing. just say you would like them to undergo a health and reproductive evaluation. that's reasonable, regardless of age. when we were looking at known donors, our prospect had actually had an evaulation done. he was in his mid 30s. its not abnormal to ask for that from a known donor. then you will know upfront, without wasting any time.

if they are willing, i say go for it. well, at least the testing part.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 AM

Our RE made it seem like the donor's age didn't really matter at all for sperm quality. I still would imagine that motility might be less. giggleblue had a good suggestion about getting an SA along with the STD testing.

I'm getting more excited here. : I'm trying not to jump around too much or get too nervous, but I think *maybe* the humpy hump plan is working towards getting my cycle on track. I just checked, and my CM is getting more fertile and my cervix is nice and soft. It doesn't seem open yet, and my OPK isn't positive, but things seem to be moving in the right direction. Woohoo!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Our RE made it seem like the donor's age didn't really matter at all for sperm quality. I still would imagine that motility might be less. giggleblue had a good suggestion about getting an SA along with the STD testing.

I'm getting more excited here. : I'm trying not to jump around too much or get too nervous, but I think *maybe* the humpy hump plan is working towards getting my cycle on track. I just checked, and my CM is getting more fertile and my cervix is nice and soft. It doesn't seem open yet, and my OPK isn't positive, but things seem to be moving in the right direction. Woohoo!
Hum, I must have missed that......... but it seems too interesting not to ask... whats the humpy hump plan ??????

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

User Tag List