Bi mamas July 08 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 79 Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NoliMum: What about the girl, though? Where did he see her, what made him think she'll be fit for a threesome, is she bi?

And if so: maybe she could want just the same as you, who knows...?

How I understand your longing for a real relationship with a woman... I've been there too.

But if I can give you one advice: don't clutch onto one perfect idea of a relationship, it won't match anything in the real life. Instead focus on the people, see if you could like what they have to offer you.

Is there any woman around you that you kind of like...?
#62 of 79 Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

Automnlaughing: So that makes 3 women but no sex? Sounds just like me...

You actually turned a girl down because she was "intoxicated"? By what?
#63 of 79 Old 07-28-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoliMum View Post
I'm here. Just lurking because I have nothing insightful to add.

The other day DP said, "I saw this girl I thought you'd like," and I was excited, till he mentioned a threesome. I AM open to that for a fun one-time thing, but right now I'd rather have a real relationship.
Yeah, my DS's dad mentioned that to me recently too and I was like "ooh, who??" and it turns out he was talking about his ex-girlfriend.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#64 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

@ urchingrey

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#65 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 02:58 AM

Hey Nolimum- Just noticed your location. You're not alone. My dgf lives pretty close to you. Keep hope. I bet there's others out there who just don't make themselves well known.
#66 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 AM

Still here - once in a blue moon

HSing little Maya Papaya and all excited to have made the leap out of preschool, DP is home for another week then gone for work until Winter....um, waiting for my movers to give me furniture again....fun times.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#67 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 AM

Ooo, are you going to be doing kinderstuffs with her? We're starting kinder with dd this fall...
#68 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

hey heket! hey kmm! missing you mamas
yay for HSing maya :

#69 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 AM

1/2 my energy is going into NOT over-curriculum buying, using, etc. as I'm apt to do that and deep down I know it would crush Maya's love of learning.

We are using KidSparks as a general idea factory but other than that, just what Maya asks for - she likes to trace letters in the sand, and hear me make their sounds so we could call that Reading/Phonics, we count so that is math, and one of her favorite DVDs is Muzzy French (I got it so her Aunt who speaks French would not feel like she had to "teach" Maya but rather encourage her IN French). So it's not unschooling, per say, but it's a lot less rigid then my private school miseducation leads me to expect out of a preschooler!

We are going with some friends next week to see the Volcano exhibit at Bishop Museum (hands on, children's fun) then the following week we are taking film canisters, baking soda and vinegar to the beach play date and we'll make volcanoes if the kids seem to want to....so it is really FUN stuff and I just feel all ::: about it - kwim? And my MIL literally cried.....get this.....with JOY, when I told her about my choice. The woman who sent all six of her children to PS (albeit in her own small town where Grandpa was on the school board and she knew every teacher and his/her extended family) - the woman is a saint for never judging me throughout all my "out there" parenting ways.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#70 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

of course my totally un-biased radical unschooling soul supports you in not getting too curriculum-y
and yay for your MIL!

#71 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everybody. I fear I discovered this thread very late. I am a bi-mom with three bio-children aged 5.7 years, 4.2 years and 1.7 years. I have been confining myself to two college friends but would like to widen my circle.
Uzra
#72 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

welcome uzra hashmi

I used to have a rediff account. are you in india by any chance?

#73 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belodie View Post
Automnlaughing: So that makes 3 women but no sex? Sounds just like me...

You actually turned a girl down because she was "intoxicated"? By what?
Yeah.. I feel like I fit in over here!

I don't really know what was up with that girl - though it looked more like maybe E than drunk, not that it matters much. I mean, a friend who's a little tipsy + has expressed an interest before might be fine, but a woman that I just met who is definitely under the influence of something? No thanks! It was late + we were around a campfire, so I pretended to be sleepier than I was until she + her boyfriend (who I do know, though that's a rocky story, too) wandered on. My husband found it hysterical, but didn't disagree with my tactic (for once!) He did think I should have gone over the to other side of the fire + curled up with one of the other sleeping girls, though... (who would be an example of a friend who had expressed an interest in at least cuddling, though I *still* didn't want to under the "sleeping is not consenting" theory).

Dating women is hard. I'm old enough to not want to date strangers, and I'd really rather have a "third" than a separate girlfriend, but trying to negotiate that is really tough!

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 

2/2014 - IVF cycle = 2ndtri.gif due in late November!

#74 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belodie View Post
NoliMum: What about the girl, though? Where did he see her, what made him think she'll be fit for a threesome, is she bi?

And if so: maybe she could want just the same as you, who knows...?

How I understand your longing for a real relationship with a woman... I've been there too.

But if I can give you one advice: don't clutch onto one perfect idea of a relationship, it won't match anything in the real life. Instead focus on the people, see if you could like what they have to offer you.

Is there any woman around you that you kind of like...?
Well, actually he just saw her profile on a rate-and-review site, so he was just judging by her picture. She's not even "real" as far as I'm concerned.

There have been a few women I've met that I've had crushes on, but they've been straight. I have a big thing for my best friend's sister, but she's straight AND she's only 20, so... I'd feel like a pedophile making a move on her! Plus, my best friend would not be happy..
#75 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heket View Post
Hey Nolimum- Just noticed your location. You're not alone. My dgf lives pretty close to you. Keep hope. I bet there's others out there who just don't make themselves well known.
Really? Can you ask her where the LBGQ (or whatever that acronym is.. ) friendly places around here? Especially places for a newbie?
#76 of 79 Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM

There is quite a GLBT community in Portland, but I haven't really been any part of it...yet. I made friends with other moms and families. And sure enough, there are plenty of bi/lesbian mamas out there. People may seem straight, but get to know them and you'd be surprised! I definitely seemed straight when people first met me. It wasn't until I was more comfortable with them and myself that I "came out" to them.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#77 of 79 Old 07-30-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
welcome uzra hashmi

I used to have a rediff account. are you in india by any chance?
Yes. Iam based in a northern city.
Uzra
#78 of 79 Old 07-30-2008, 05:14 AM

In this thread, many have complaint about restrictions on privacy and presence of others. Yes, we all have this problem as well as minding children if they are young. I have a co-wife (my DH's first wife) too. So, I have to find sometime specially to be with a GF I knew from college days who moved into the town about a year ago. She is a divorcee with no child and lives in an apartment house. I am able to spend some 'quality time' with her now. We have recently started using toys that she acquired from another friend of hers.
Would others like to share their status and problems?
Uzra
#79 of 79 Old 08-08-2008, 05:48 AM

New August thread is here.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page