Bi mamas July 08 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, it's long time we started a new thread bi-mamas, and since we started a new month... seemed good :

(here's the old thread)

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#2 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 AM

Hi,
I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a 25 year old bi mom of two awesome boys, 15 months and 6 years. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 2 years and have an incredible girlfriend. I'm from Michigan and would love to chat with other bi moms with similar interests and values. I am an Herbalist and soon to be Massage Therapist/Energy Worker. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Lisa
#3 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 01:08 AM

I'm still here. DH and I working on our own relationship to see if we (he) can handle something more open. If we (he) can't...well I guess we will cross that bridge then. I have a few bi mama friends, so at least I have some friends to flirt with.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#4 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

welcome daisygrl83 you've come to the right place
hey dani, hang in there.

#5 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Popping in to say hi.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#6 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisygrl83 View Post
Hi,
I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm a 25 year old bi mom of two awesome boys, 15 months and 6 years. I've been married to my wonderful husband for 2 years and have an incredible girlfriend. I'm from Michigan and would love to chat with other bi moms with similar interests and values. I am an Herbalist and soon to be Massage Therapist/Energy Worker. I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Lisa
Hey Daisy! I'm an herbalist and LMT as well...and have been known to dabble quite extensively in the energetic arts!

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#7 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Sooo ladies, I have a 14 year old girl and even though I've never made my orientation a secret-it's like it recently dawned on her that her mom is bi and has had several girlfriends...she was kinda taken aback but didn't weird out about it.

I suppose I just figured she knew because I've never made a big deal or a 'we must sit down and have a talk about this' situation...it's been in conversations, it's been out there..I've talked about my girlfriends in the past.anyone else in this situation? Should I sit down with my younger ones and say something? hmmm...

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#8 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Oh my...I have no idea. I've only had one girlfriend so far (over 10 yrs ago). My son is only 5 so I haven't thought that far ahead.
I do try to read stories to show diversity and such.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#9 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 05:18 PM

I am still around. Good to see this thread happening again.
#10 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 08:54 PM

Sapientia,
Nice to meet you. My oldest is only 6 but I have tried to talk a bit about sexuality with him to demonstrate diversity but I haven't actually talked about it pertaining to myself. I'm not sure if I would make it a big deal or not for your younger ones. That is something I still need to figure out for myself. Good luck! Let me know what you come up with.

Lisa
#11 of 79 Old 07-05-2008, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

good point sapientia,
well, my dd definitely knows (what with co-sleeping and all and we live in a one-room a-frame cottage), and i'm an affectionate person.

#12 of 79 Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm a 34 bio mom with a hubby and two boys, seven and eight. We live in Michigan and I teach high school, special needs. I was much more open before I was teaching, but feel the need to be more closeted now
#13 of 79 Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM

HI mama's, I am here. I have been lurking in the poly thread for a few months now. I have been married to my DH for 10 years, and we have 4 kids (see signature). DH's job relocated us across the country and I had to leave my Gf of a year. In the short time since we have moved she has moved on Yup, she is officially not with me anymore. boo hoo I miss the extension of me, ya know??
Its nice to meet other like minded mama's
#14 of 79 Old 07-08-2008, 12:36 PM

I'm a 32 year old bi-sexual bio and non bio mom to 3 kids.

All the children have appeared in the last year, and while I'm excited and enthralled by the challenges, I feel like I've lost my connection to the queer community, but I'm not sure how as a mom I can make connections and how I would even date womyn with my niece and nephew around (they are 10 and 11 and at that age where all issues of relationships are awkward topics *smile*)

I guess I'm just looking for some advice and past experiences from anyone who might have been or is going thru a similiar experience?
Please tell me my life isn't over
#15 of 79 Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

hey everyone

#16 of 79 Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 AM

My DD and I are getting ready to go camp at the Oregon Country Fair this weekend! I am so excited. This is our first year going. We are camping with a few different families on a nearby campground. My friends are open and flirty, so it's always a good time with them.

DH and I are doing better, hopefully getting stronger and stronger. I am feeling very bi-poly, and hoping that DH can find a way to accept that. I just feel like life is too short to limit ourselves. We have friends that meet different needs...why not meet some sexual needs too?

#17 of 79 Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

yay enjoy the oregon fair!!! that's supposed to be awesome

#18 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
My DD and I are getting ready to go camp at the Oregon Country Fair this weekend! I am so excited. This is our first year going. We are camping with a few different families on a nearby campground. My friends are open and flirty, so it's always a good time with them.
Ooh, I love OCF. Sadly, we won't be there this year, but enjoy it for me, willya?
DP went to OCF every year as a kid, and then worked the fair with his bro as an adult. We went and worked the fair when dd was 5 mos old! Well, DP did, I mostly guarded the camp since I had an infant to care for. It's a whole different world when you work the fair -- there's a reason that those spots are hard to come by! We also went the previous year when I was preggo. That year we camped at the Darling Reunion. But anyhoo, have fun! Oh, try the fresh squeezed OJ, it's wonderful. And if the spoonman is making an appearance, I highly suggest going! he's a legend.

okay I be quiet now. :X

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#19 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 04:49 AM

We are staying at Zumwalt with some friends who said they loved it there. A friend of mine's wife used to work the fair every year and said it was totally different on the "inside". But sadly, her job fell through this year. I will definitely enjoy it for you. Maybe next year a bunch of us can meet up there.

And I'll keep my eye out for the Spoonman and fresh squeezed orange juice.

#20 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 06:52 AM

Ok, I know nothing on OCF, but I still felt I should pop in.

MJ, great job on picking up where things where left off. I think you're a better spokesperson for the Bimamas than I am able to be offering at the moment. :

hi to all the momma's. I'm heket, 34, mama of 2, happily married with a long distance gf. I've decided I'm a bi woman with a poly leaning. As such, I feel trapped in two, if not 3 worlds (for those in my family who do not know my bisexuality, let alone the adding of a gf.)

sithlordswife, do you find that this is because you are teaching? Do you feel more restrictive because of your career?
#21 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

hey heket! been missin ya!
we all feel trapped. well, i do, in so many ways.

#22 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 04:58 PM

hey all...

i am Margaret, poly bi-mom with 2 partners and 7 kids...

life has been crazy so i havent been on mdc regularly in a while, but it looks like its slowing down (or maybe just getting into a comfortable groove?) so i might have some time to hang out for a while...

peace...

Homeschooling Ama to boys (ages 10 and 6) and my SoldierGirl who is serving in the US Army, StepMom to three crazy teens. I'm married to the love of my life. 

Love is an action word. 

Words have power...use them wisely.

Who you are is just enough.

Molon Labe

#23 of 79 Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM

just stoppin bi to say:.....
#24 of 79 Old 07-12-2008, 04:45 AM

bi hi - love it.

We are settling in our new place - furniture still a month away but I'm working on my vermicast bin and planting our edibles.....No : yet from any ladies to flirt with (DP would not be alright with the Poly thing) but the primary relationship has become more, ahem, busy then it has been in recent years which is very nice.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#25 of 79 Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 AM

It's interesting that everyone here in the bi forum seems to be poly. Any NON-poly bi mamas out there? I've always been a one person at a time kind of girl
#26 of 79 Old 07-13-2008, 05:17 AM

Nope - I flirt but we are not Poly, tried it once and had a DRAMA that I'd like to never repeat.

So I'm here!

I do however find the Katy Perry "I Kissed a Girl" song both catchy and annoying - "I hope my boyfriend dosn't mind it" - huh? It just rubs me as odd, but I'm guessing it just fits the rhyme. "No I don't know your name, it doesn't matter. Your my experimental game, just human nature. It's not what good girls do, not how they should behave." Part of me sees it as an innocent song, catchy, will be gone in six months as a "hit of 2008" played 1000 times on a VH1 looking back show BUT if it is written at/about someone I'd be mighty upset to be told my name does not matter, and that I was someone's experimental game. And of course I think it is what some good girls do, quite well in fact.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#27 of 79 Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 AM

I personally find the kate perry song annoying and it just pisses me off.

How do others here define poly? For me, I have a husband and a long distance gf, and in a sense, the two shall never meet. Not literally, of course, but in that dh and I have had many a discussion and I'm just not into sharing women. I'm also not keen on him dating another woman, but if he wanted to explore a bi side with a man I'd be fine (however, I know he is too heterosexual for this kind of exploration.) However, I know that other poly couples are not the same and sharing partners is fine.
#28 of 79 Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 PM

I actually like the Katy Perry song because it's catchy and she's hot. I ignore some of the lyrics.

I'm bi and not poly. I actually only figured out that I was bi after I was married to my husband. DOH! There are so many things that should have clued me in to the fact. I would LOVE to have a girlfriend, but I just don't see how it would work out for us.
#29 of 79 Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM

i'm bi and in my current relationship not poly....when i was with my dd's dad i totally thought i was poly because i wanted girls and i didn't care if he was with other girls because i was not attracted to him anymore...at all.......so i experimented with his approval and liked it.....we broke up almost two years ago because me and a good friend started being physical and falling in love....now i am completely opposite....i dont want to share and i dont desire anybody else...i agree with penelopejune about the kate perry song....
#30 of 79 Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi!

Well, I'm bi and poly, but not a mom, yet...

Although I've been moving away from the "poly" term lately.. too many people use it to describe a relationship structure that I'm just not into. Basically, DH and I are both open to dating other women. Currently, he has his own separate GF, and I.. well, I'll get into that in a minute. On topic, I'd love us to have a third person in our relationship, but the last time that happened it was so catastrophic that I don't see it happening again (That was about 10 years ago..and I'm still not 100% over her.)

Back to my other relationships (or lack thereof), I was starting to think that maybe I'd better start identifying as "straight", then I went off BCP, my sex drive went through the roof and now all those women that I had crushes on five years ago but have become friends now - well, suddenly I'm interested again! Dammit. I feel like a teenage boy.. It's pretty funny trying not to stare at boobies when I know exactly how much it irritates me when people stare at mine! And most of us are a pretty flirty bunch.... but that doesn't mean that I should be making passes at my friends!

Sorry it that's off topic, but it's the one side effect that I'm just not comfortable discussing with my female friends... and DH just thinks it's funny. (Which it is. Funny, and embarrassing, and frustrating..)

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page