Venting and depressed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This month I really thought I timed my IUI right. I had wanted to go on medication but my doctor recommended I stayed natural. Anyways... I did my IUI Monday and Tuesday of last week and then went for my progesterone test yesterday morning and everything was normal. Last night my period came 8 days early! This totally depressed me because I had the highest hopes this month even though I told myself I wouldnt. So I called the nurse to talk to her about why I would have my period so early. She said it was normal but its not normal!!! Not for me at least.. Ive been having my period for 20 years and I have never been early.. I am always like clockwork. Then she asked me if I took a pregnancy test. I told her that even if it was implantation bleeding that it wouldnt show up for at least a couple of days.. and she was like, "yea you are right I guess". I GUESS??? and why am I telling her things she should be telling me??? Anyways.. sorry to complain but I think I really need to switch doctors! Can an IUI without any meds mess up your cycle?

Thanks
Angela
#2 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM

Umm...maybe I'm reading this wrong...but you had your IUI last Monday and Tuesday? As in 8/9 days ago? Well...not to get your hopes up...but that would be exactly when implantation would be. It usually happens around 7-10 days after O. Is the bleeding heavy? Anyway, I'd recommend a pregnancy test...you might get some good news!!! Fingers and toes are all crossed for you!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#3 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hmmm..... if your progesterone was normal, I don't see why you would start your period the next day. That doesn't happen until progesterone levels start to fall. Are you charting your temperature? Is the bleeding heavy? I would take an HPT. Good luck!

ETA: I don't think an IUI with no meds can mess up your cycle, but being super stressed about TTC has messed mine up a time or two.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#4 of 15 Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

no just a little tiny bit of blood and a lot of brown stuff... sorrrryyyy if im being graphic:-( I am waiting to see if it comes full force by tomm. Last month I had something slightly similar but it was on time and not 8 days early. Thank you both for your responses.. hopefully I will get lucky. I think i will skip an IUI next month (August) until my cycle gets back on track.
#5 of 15 Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 AM

Not to get your hopes up either, but I was laying in bed crying last Wednesday, 10dpo, sure my period was starting and it hadn't worked. The spotting is the most certain sign that AF is coming to ruin my day. Obviously, I was so very wrong. Hold out until you take the HPT!!!
#6 of 15 Old 07-20-2008, 06:55 PM

Any news?

How are you timing your IUIs?

That totally sounded like implantation bleeding to me, and just about perfectly timed, too.

My cycle sometimes goes wonky from TTC stress (hello, recent fifty day anovulatory cycle!!!!) but never the second half, after I ovulate, that shouldn't jump around by more than two/three days.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#7 of 15 Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM

Hi!

any news ladida?

I'm dying over here waiting to know what happened!
#8 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hello!!

Thanks again to everyone for all their advice/kind words :-) I am approximately 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant :-) I am very excited but I want to make sure my HCG levels keep rising like they are suppose to before I start screaming from the rooftops!! :-) Im a lil superstitious.
#9 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM

::::

You should join the Queer & Pregnant thread!

Congrats and best wishes for a happy and healthy nine months!

WOOT!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#10 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Woohoooo!!!

I had a feeling you were knocked up!:::
#11 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 06:10 PM

Congratulations!! See, no need to be depressed at all!!! :

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#12 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM

oh my!!! congrats!!!

:::

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#13 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Congratulations!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#14 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone!! :-)
#15 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 04:29 PM

:
Congratulations!

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page