Queer TTC August 2008 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congrats LMF!!!!!!!!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats LMF! :

And sorry to hear about your BFN Tireegal. Although the thought of some queer Pierce Brosnan spawn is just yummy! Good luck with choosing a new donor.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#243 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Congrats LMF! :

And sorry to hear about your BFN Tireegal. Although the thought of some queer Pierce Brosnan spawn is just yummy! Good luck with choosing a new donor.

Also, for CoCo and Girlie - We've been thinking about you guys!

AAM: DP should O on Wed or Thurs, temps look good at this point, just got the call from MW that we DO get our first choice of donor after all, so thats good. [we'd been searching for polish people on the internet, we couldn't think of what "they" might look like , but we'll get to use the other one after all] It seems a family that had twins several years ago decided not to have more children, so relased their vials. Yea! We are trying really hard not to think about it too much - which is slighly easier with a 3yr old in the house - but it is still kinda like pretending that everything is normal when your cat is on fire. (uh, or something like that...)

giggleblue, my fingers and toes are crossed for your DP!

rainbow1284.gifMama to JP (5.5)  weadopted.gif  Gearing up to TTC #2  ~ Blog
#244 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 04:47 PM

Congrats LMF! :

And yeah, Tireegal, don't you just love that at Midwest? We're currently going back and forth between Brad Pitt and Justin Timberlake (depending on who's available at the time) but we've used George Clooney in a pinch before too!

And I'm sorry about the BFN. They suck. A lot.

AFM: 4DPO and the obsession train is full steam ahead! Was that cramping or just gas? Do I feel more bloated today, or are my pants tight from the entire large pizza I ate last night? Man, I have a headache and I'm sure it's not because I just spent the last 4 hours babysitting a couple of rambunctious toddlers!

It's going to be a long two weeks....
#245 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireegal View Post
AFM: another neg test yesterday - my clinic wanted me to keep testing and progesteroning until day 14 and now AF feels like she is on her merry way.
We are picking about our 10th sperm donor- we have only used two but for different reasons can't use them again - or for a while and all our other choices were either no good or who knows what- the lady at MW tells you after the fact that "he's not good for IUI" or "he has a low count" . So right now we are choosing between (I kid you not - she likes to liken many of her donors to movie stars) Kiefer Sutherland, Pierce Brosnan and Richard Gere!!!! I know it's not all about looks, but it's kind of funny! And it keeps me distracted from the BFN.
Baby dust to all!
Happy Friday
LOL that's kinda funny. Good luck with the choice

I'm heading to the doctor for the first time since having all the post m/c tests (u/s, blood). I'm assuming everything is ok as I haven't been having any of the "run to the nearest hospital" symptoms (can someone please stop me from googling every thing that my body does???!!!!). In fact, I think I may ovulate today or tomorrow. Which would be cool even though we aren't planning on trying again until next month. It would be comforting to know that my body is working things out early. However, either way I know my body needs to do what it needs to do to get healthy. It's funny, since getting pregnant and having the m/c, for the first time in my life I want to be average and normal lol.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Congrats LMF!!! Health and happiness to you!!!!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#246 of 315 Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats LMF!!!

Coco...Girlie...that just plain old sucks. I couldn't wait to get back on here after vacation to check on your tests. My heart truly breaks for you both. Hang in there.

As for me...just got back from vacation. We went with DP's family...and it was way more hectic than a vacation should be. I'm just really looking forward to the weekend at home to relax a bit after all that. Although, it did keep my mind off of the fact that this month was a bust for us. Not even having the chance to try is just a bummer. The wait seems like forever. Anyway...I've got my fingers crossed for all of you still in the TWW. We need some more BFP's around here!!!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#247 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
: DP should O on Wed or Thurs, temps look good at this point, just got the call from MWthat we DO get our first choice of donor after all, so thats good.
Serepartera,
So what movie star does your donor look like?

Quote:
As for me...just got back from vacation. We went with DP's family...and it was way more hectic than a vacation should be. I'm just really looking forward to the weekend at home to relax a bit after all that. Although, it did keep my mind off of the fact that this month was a bust for us.
Jenn - I hope this next cycle comes up fast. I know what you mean about going on a family vacation - we went on an "oblication" which included a surprise 80th birthday party and I felt almost 80 myself after that .

Quote:
I'm heading to the doctor for the first time since having all the post m/c tests (u/s, blood). I'm assuming everything is ok as I haven't been having any of the "run to the nearest hospital" symptoms (can someone please stop me from googling every thing that my body does???!!!!). In fact, I think I may ovulate today or tomorrow. Which would be cool even though we aren't planning on trying again until next month. It would be comforting to know that my body is working things out early. However, either way I know my body needs to do what it needs to do to get healthy. It's funny, since getting pregnant and having the m/c, for the first time in my life I want to be average and normal lol.
Carmen, I hope, that things work out with your ovulation and your body gets back in sync ready for the next try. I am sorry about your loss.

Quote:
And yeah, Tireegal, don't you just love that at Midwest? We're currently going back and forth between Brad Pitt and Justin Timberlake
astraphell - that is hilarious! Brad or Justin or even George!
I wonder how much of an imagination Joanne has - I mean - it's all so subjective isn't it?!!
Or maybe she only picks the movie star look alikes for her super dooper donors!

ta ta for now,

Claire / Tireegal
#248 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 12:52 AM

Antonio from One Life to Live. although, this time around we really chose mostly based on the sperm counts, etc. And good vision- DP is almost blind without her glasses, so that was important lol. And caramel skin, british folks, lookin like a soap star -what more could we ask for? (besides a baby...)Switching from PRS to MW's style is so nice - everytime I get off the phone with her I am giggling.

#249 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 12:56 AM

Wait a minute! (rereading post again) what number is Brad Pitt? Maybe next cycle...

#250 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Our sperm donor wrote on his form that he looks like Treat Williams.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#251 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 AM

I am currently on try #2 and I cannot decide when I should inseminate after my positive OPK?? I have 3 vials of frozen sperm to work with and I want to find the best window to inseminate. I have heard that I should inseminate 12,
24, and 36 hours after + reading. Then I read maybe wait 24, 36, 48 hours. I don't want to wait too long or be too late. Any suggestions?????

I also was wondering if a 11pm test is too late? I know most recommend to test between 2pm and 8pm.
#252 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serepartera View Post
Wait a minute! (rereading post again) what number is Brad Pitt? Maybe next cycle...
Brad Pitt is number 97. Not one of the superdonors, but our favorite anyway.
#253 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandkids View Post
I am currently on try #2 and I cannot decide when I should inseminate after my positive OPK?? I have 3 vials of frozen sperm to work with and I want to find the best window to inseminate. I have heard that I should inseminate 12,
24, and 36 hours after + reading. Then I read maybe wait 24, 36, 48 hours. I don't want to wait too long or be too late. Any suggestions?????

I also was wondering if a 11pm test is too late? I know most recommend to test between 2pm and 8pm.
Have you done any practice cycles so you can tell how long after the first positive you normally ovulate? I know that I will usually ovulate within 24-36 hours after I see that first positive, so if it were me I'd do the 12, 24 & 36, but you may be different.
#254 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
dp tested this morning and it was negative. i guess we need to be moved to waiting to o if there isn't a waiting for AF group.

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#255 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggleblue View Post
dp tested this morning and it was negative. i guess we need to be moved to waiting to o if there isn't a waiting for AF group.
Sorry for the BFN, Giggleblue!
Hope you all do something nice for yourselves today

PS I got AF with a vengeance today - these heavy periods have happened only since I started Clomid and Progesterone - it's a good thing as before they were so sluggish.
This will be my last clomid progesterone unmonitored cycle before we go with the big RE guns.
Hoping we don't need to go there!
Doggie doing better today, thankfully
Hope all are well and chugging along there!
Peace
Claire
#256 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Tireegal...I think that's a good sign that you are having nice heavy AF's on clomid! Sometimes is can really thin out the lining. I used to have pretty heavy AF's too...since clomid...I barely bleed at all! This was my last clomid cycle though...I'm moving to injectibles next month...so hopefully it will help that problem. Oh...glad to hear the doggie is doing better!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#257 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggleblue View Post
So sorry giggleblue Take care and stay positive...

#258 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Congrats to LMF!

And many hugs to giggleblue and girlie and coco and others who haven't peed on any good news in the past few days. That just SUCKS.

We're feeling good about our decision to wait another month. Spermies have arrived at the local storage spot. We moved yesterday, and are now happily settling into our new home. The hope is to have everything unpacked and hung up, etc. before the IUI (in about 4 weeks). So dw can come home and lie down in our clean, put-away bedroom and visualize sperm finding the egg. It's so cool to think that this is the home where our next baby love will hopefully be born!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#259 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
We're feeling good about our decision to wait another month. Spermies have arrived at the local storage spot. We moved yesterday, and are now happily settling into our new home. The hope is to have everything unpacked and hung up, etc. before the IUI (in about 4 weeks). So dw can come home and lie down in our clean, put-away bedroom and visualize sperm finding the egg. It's so cool to think that this is the home where our next baby love will hopefully be born!
Lex, the whole house plan sounds great - good luck with that. I am impressed that you can get it all done in 4 weeks!
Your children are absolutely adorable and I love their names!
Do more people have pictures of their LOs?
ta ta for now,
PS HOw do you add a ticker to your siggie?
#260 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandkids View Post

The best answer would be if you know when you ovulate in comparison to your positive OPK. We found through charting that for us, it was about 36 hours and that we usually got the positive OPK around 10-11pm. Though if we got the positive OPK in the morning, Quasar tended to ovulate 24 hours later in the morning. (so either way, ovulation seemed to be in the morning).

I recenty read a study where they were having women track OPKs every 4 hours and they found that like 90% of the women would ovulate 36hrs post a positive OPK with that kind of monitoring.

Sooo... I would aim it in the 24-36hr range. We started off doing two inseminations at 12 and 36 hours. We feel in retrospect, we were going too early when we did the 12hr insemination. And the cycle we got pregnant, we switched it to 24 and 36 hours (technically 34hrs). With your 3 vials, I would say maybe go every 8 hours at 24, 32 and 40??

Did I confuse you or help you??

Lots of for a positive OPK and excellent timing!!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#261 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 PM

astraphell-thank you for the advice

smartycat- you definately helped me!! I also thought that the 12 hour was too early last time, but I have this overwhelming fear that the others are too late. I will shoot for that window and hope for the best. Thanks for the baby dust---I just know that it will help!!!
#262 of 315 Old 08-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Love my family - Congrats!

Giggleblue - what a bummer - and so many positive signs, too. I'm so sorry.

As for me, I'm in Denver for work - which is helping keep my mind off the tww. I'm heading home tomorrow, though - before all the DNC excitement. Boo.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#263 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 06:45 PM

Busy Monday, everyone?

Just checkin' in to say that our sperm is somewhere in a FedEx truck right now! Yea!

#264 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM

Serepartera - Yay! You are on your way!

Tireegal - how are you holding up?

I'm back home and DP immediately ran out and bought FRER tests - so it looks like I'll test tomorrow at 8DPO - early, I know, but I'm shocked I've made it this long.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#265 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 09:45 PM

We're heading to an RE tomorrow. I'm excited to have someone else think about what's happening here.

Any advice on what to ask/report? Katie has had two miscarriages, has been on Clomid, doesn't O regularly without it, occasionally doesn't O on it. What should we be asking about other than just telling this and the rest of the details?

Thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#266 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM

update on dp and the seemingly neverending testing! after being diagnosed with hashimoto's, our clinic agreed on testing for other auto-immune issues, so dp gave up 8 vials of blood this morning for that. this afternoon she had another thyroid u/s and a fine needle biopsy of one of the many nodules she has (although the doc said it looked like a typical thyroiditis issue to her and probably wasn't indicative of cancer). the provera prescribed 2 weeks ago brought af last week, so dp also scheduled her hsg and ovary scan. those are later this week and THEN! we should be through with testing for the next wee while. we should <hopefully> have all the results back by the middle of next week.

fx that all these tests come back normal so all we have to worry about is getting her thyroid hormones back in shape and we can move forward with planning baby #2. with all that's been going on, we may move up our start date, although i'm not all that keen for another august baby!

hugs to all the bfns reported recently.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#267 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 PM

Even though I'm waiting until next cycle to try again, I've started temping already. I had many signs of ovulating about 3 days later than I normally do in my cycle and I had a positive on an opk test....but no temp shift yet (dpo 24, I usually ovulation dpo 17-19). Has anyone had any experience with late/no ovulation after a m/c?

#268 of 315 Old 08-25-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
I had many signs of ovulating about 3 days later than I normally do in my cycle and I had a positive on an opk test....but no temp shift yet (dpo 24, I usually ovulation dpo 17-19). Has anyone had any experience with late/no ovulation after a m/c?
Yes! My DP, who never had really regular cycles to begin with, had her ovulation move back to day 18 or 20 after m/c. A year later it is still usually at least day 18. Also, the stress of wondering if you are going to ovulate can absolutely push it back as well. (yeah, cause that's not frustrating at ALL)

Hang in there!

#269 of 315 Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
We're heading to an RE tomorrow. I'm excited to have someone else think about what's happening here.

Any advice on what to ask/report? Katie has had two miscarriages, has been on Clomid, doesn't O regularly without it, occasionally doesn't O on it. What should we be asking about other than just telling this and the rest of the details?

Thanks!
megin
Good to see you back in here! One question I would recommend asking is about the RE's policy/regular procedures as far as how many vials they use, when they recommend timing the insems and stuff. The advice given by the RE who does my ultrasounds and the OB who does my actual inseminations differs. : Oh, and be sure to ask what their weekend policy is. My OB will come in whenever I need her to do the insems, but the RE said that if I was his actual patient and I O'd on a Sunday, I'd just be out of luck!

Good luck with the appointment tomorrow!!
#270 of 315 Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Pleasantly furious - Hope you had a safe trip home from Denver - it sounds pretty exciting there right now! FX for a positive early test!

Serepartera - does the FedEx truck know what precious cargo it is carrying?

Megin - GL with the RE - I am not sure what to suggest - but I may be going to one next month so let me put my thinking cap on - well my thinking cap is google - this is what I found:

http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/di...ons/re_ivf.jsp

indigoscot - Sorry about your DPs Hashimoto's. MIne has that too - it took her 10 years and 80 lbs to get a diagnosis from her stupid doctor. TUrns out her whole family had it and none of them knew until she got diagnosed!I hope that is the only issue that is discovered, medicine kicks in and you get back on track soon.

Carmen - I hope things work out for you to inseminate when the time is right for you and that can be soon!

I hope everyone else is hanging in there.

AFM: we agonized about donors all weekend (thanks Astraphell for the profles!) and finally decided on a donor (232) but he was not available so we went with 295 ( I think - I just know he is Kiefer Sutherland!!) Brad Pitt is our #3. Yippee! I was a little bummed because I really got to like 232 -but hey, can't worry about it.
We are going on vacation : tomorrow to the UP of Michigan / north woods - way up through Wisconsin. We are staying in a cottage and a couple of our lezzie friends are coming for a few days! can't wait- so happy to be off work for 8 days!

HOpe to see lots of good news when I get back!

Claire / Tireegal

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page