Midwest donors 009, 197, or 126 (did you get pregnant at home?) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! We are facing CD1 (almost) and are trying to narrow it down to a top choice. We are looking for folks who have gotten pregnant at home (not in re's office) with Midwest sperm bank swimmers, especially donors 9, 126, or 197. We've seen the long profiles, and what donor sib registry says, and we know Joanne's opinion of the "super donors". We'd just love to hear some real stories about these donors. Postive or negative. Feel free to PM if you'd rather. Any info would be lovely, thanks.

rainbow1284.gifMama to JP (5.5)  weadopted.gif  Gearing up to TTC #2  ~ Blog
#2 of 40 Old 08-10-2008, 03:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
used donor #9. worked on the second try. at home iui.

dp is using #9. this is cycle 4 for her. at home iui tonight. fingers crossed!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#3 of 40 Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 AM

We did two non-medicated IUIs at a clinic, 24 hours apart which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. The next cycle we did one non-medicated IUI at a clinic and one at home, ourselves, and I am 25.5 weeks pregnant from that - expecting a boy. We used 197.

What did the sib registry have to say about 197?
#4 of 40 Old 08-10-2008, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
The sibling registry has one baby listed under 197. (girl, Jan 07).
I hope try #4 goes well for you guys, giggleblue.

CD1 is finally here, so its time for us to choose. #9 sounds so good, but we like 197's long profile answers better - so do we choose based on fertility or personality? Ugh.

#5 of 40 Old 08-11-2008, 10:12 PM

serepartera,
I am considering using midwest sperm bank donor 126. I was just wondering if you have found anyone who has used him in the past or is currently using him? This will be my first time to use a cryobank. How is your TTC journy with this bank?
Thanks!
#6 of 40 Old 08-11-2008, 10:32 PM

I used 126 at home only 1 cycle with no luck.

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#7 of 40 Old 08-11-2008, 11:23 PM

i would like to say that every donor doesn't work for everyone on the first try.

#9 worked on the second try with me, but it's the 4th try for my partner. that doesn't mean that donor #9 "doesn't work", it just means that our timing may be off, or the egg wasn't ready that month.

i say go with whatever donor you want to use, use them, at least initially. if they aren't working for you after several tries, and you know you don't have any issues, and everything is pointing towards the donor, then switch it up.

heterosexual couples often times try for several months without getting pregnant, even when there are not other factors. and they have fresh sperm on tap.

go with the donor you like, and don't worry about everyone else's success until it becomes a problem for you!

best of luck!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#8 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 AM

I have used 126 1 cycle with no luck at at home insem. I haven't hard of anyone getting pregnant using him with home insemination, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been or that you couldn't. I have spoken with a couple of the parents who have a child from this donor and they used a doctor.
#9 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the donor, or else he wouldnt be qualified as a sperm donor. We will be having IUI with my doctor so maybe we will have better luck.
TTC1, did you run into the parents with the offspring of this donor on a message board?
#10 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 10:57 AM

message board - don't know why i didn't think of this sooner ---

http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/f...379801&tid=265

it's an online community of people using midwest, with all different types of donors. on the first page it outlays who is using who and how long they have tried and how.

hope that helps.

#11 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 AM

oh, and there is a lady there that got pregnant on try #2 with 126 at home.

#12 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggleblue View Post
oh, and there is a lady there that got pregnant on try #2 with 126 at home.
Actually giggleblue, I dont think there has been anyone on the board that has conceived with donor 126 at home.
#13 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAragon View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the donor, or else he wouldnt be qualified as a sperm donor. We will be having IUI with my doctor so maybe we will have better luck.
TTC1, did you run into the parents with the offspring of this donor on a message board?
No, I had contacted them through the Donor Sibling Registry when I was using this donor. I have seen 2 little boys from that donor and they are very cute!! I know of 2 woman who have gotten a BFP on their first IUI with him. So hopefully you'll have the same luck!!
#14 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 10:40 PM

TTC1, where did you see the pictures of the boys? I would love to see what they look like.
#15 of 40 Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

If you join the Donor Sibling Registry you can message others who use the same donor and ask for pictures. (although, in that baby center board there is a pic of a baby conceived with #9) I think the DSR is about $40 to join.
Our experience with mwsb has been good so far. (we've used NW and PAcific reproductive Services in the past ) this will be our first cycle after 2 m/c last year, so I can't speak to delivery or actual mwsb spermies - but I'll let you know in about 2 weeks! We've (finally) decided to go with #9. I am going to order 2 vials tomorrow!

#16 of 40 Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 AM

RAragon- If you register at the Donor Sibling Registry, you can ask some of the mothers if they can email you a picture of their child from this donor.

Serepartera- Good Luck with donor 009 this cycle!! The first cycle I used MWSB I got my first BFP(ended in an early miscarriage though) I just ordered last week for a next Tuesday delivery.
#17 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 05:04 PM

found a group on yahoo for anyone is is using midwest or has used them in the past.
#18 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
found a group on yahoo for anyone is is using midwest or has used them in the past.
Awesome! what's the link? thanks!!
#19 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 PM

oh dugh. guess I could have posted it. lol http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mwusers/
#20 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

Thank you!!
#21 of 40 Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM

Im sorry I was informed that the group is only for anyone who is or has used 038. I started a group for all users of midwest please fill free to join.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/allmidwestusers/
#22 of 40 Old 08-19-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Im sorry I was informed that the group is only for anyone who is or has used 038. I started a group for all users of midwest please fill free to join.
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/allmidwestusers/
Are you sure the other one is for woman only using donor 038? because everyone that is posting there seems to be using other donors besides 038.
I'll join your group as well. Are you claire?
#23 of 40 Old 09-03-2008, 02:49 PM

Hi,

My partner and I used donor #9 and have three beautiful baby boys. I carried the first child and got pregnant my first attempt. Our oldest is 4 years old--lots of energy and as sweet as they come. It took a little longer with my partner. She got pregnant after 4 attempts but had a misscarriage. Then when we were good to go again, she pregnant on the second attempt. We had twin boys in December of 2007. Both are fantastic and are very different from one another. One is a little firecracker and the other is a little more mellow. We are on the Donor Sibling Registry where you can read more about us. We are really happy with our little guys. They are all so different so that it is hard to say what comes from the donor and what comes from each of us. It seems from the other parents of Donor #9 babies, that they all share the really active gene but that they are also really sweet and loving. Wouldn't trade donors for the world. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serepartera View Post
Hi! We are facing CD1 (almost) and are trying to narrow it down to a top choice. We are looking for folks who have gotten pregnant at home (not in re's office) with Midwest sperm bank swimmers, especially donors 9, 126, or 197. We've seen the long profiles, and what donor sib registry says, and we know Joanne's opinion of the "super donors". We'd just love to hear some real stories about these donors. Postive or negative. Feel free to PM if you'd rather. Any info would be lovely, thanks.
#24 of 40 Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Hi again,

I am new to the board and so I hope that I am posting correctly. :-) Anyway, I thought I would mention that my partner and I are a mixed-race couple. I am Irish-American and she is African-American. We both used donor #9 and the babies all look so different from one another. Our first child, who I carried, is blond, blue-eyed, and as fair as they come--even though donor#9 is bi-racial and is of medium brown complexion. We thought for sure that we had gotten the wrong sperm. One of the twins is lighter complexioned and looks just like his mama. The other twin is a toasty caramel color, but looks Indian (India-Indian) with dark, very fine, almost straight hair and fine features. Everyone who sees him thinks he's Indian. I've seen several pictures of other Donor #9 babies and they are all beautiful. In some I can see similarities between the children, big eyes, curly hair, etc--and, in others, it is hard to see the connection (at least from the pictures). I just thought I would share a little.

Good luck!
emschic1 likes this.
#25 of 40 Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the #9 info!!! We chose him, and my DP is about 7dpo. Blonde hair? Really? It is so so funny how genetics work sometimes.

I saw another set of twins on the donor sibiling registry - fertility drugs or really fertile sperm?? (or really fertile mamas?) we'd love twins. Ahh, really, we'd just love a baby. Our son is 3, so he'll be 4 when the (as yet to be conceived) baby is born - have you guys liked that age spread?

We are feeling really good about our #9 choice, but thanks for the extra positive push!

#26 of 40 Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serepartera View Post
Thanks for the #9 info!!! We chose him, and my DP is about 7dpo. Blonde hair? Really? It is so so funny how genetics work sometimes.

I saw another set of twins on the donor sibiling registry - fertility drugs or really fertile sperm?? (or really fertile mamas?) we'd love twins. Ahh, really, we'd just love a baby. Our son is 3, so he'll be 4 when the (as yet to be conceived) baby is born - have you guys liked that age spread?

We are feeling really good about our #9 choice, but thanks for the extra positive push!
Good Luck in the TWW!
#27 of 40 Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 AM

Oops, double post
#28 of 40 Old 09-22-2008, 12:30 PM

Hi Ladies!

Newbie here. My DP and I have a 5-year-old daughter through adoption and been working with Midwest since July. We used donor 009. My third insemination was Sept 10 and I just got my BFP yesterday! : Woohoo! Assuming all goes as planned, our newest little one will be born right around our daughter's 6th bday.

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
#29 of 40 Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodybird511 View Post
Hi Ladies!

Newbie here. My DP and I have a 5-year-old daughter through adoption and been working with Midwest since July. We used donor 009. My third insemination was Sept 10 and I just got my BFP yesterday! : Woohoo! Assuming all goes as planned, our newest little one will be born right around our daughter's 6th bday.
: : Congratulations!! : :

Come join us in the Queer and Pregnant thread. It is a great group and we always like to have more pregnant queers around!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#30 of 40 Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM

Thanks! We're so excited--actually still kind of in shock!

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page