The Queer & Pregnant Thread --- mid-Sept. till Dec. 2008 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartycat View Post

Note to any DPs here... don't pinch the nipples!
Uh...yeah...good idea. Just the towel brushing against mine in the morning is more than I can stand! DP gets in trouble for just hugging me too tight! And pinched nips? That might be grounds for divorce!!!! Glad you learned your lesson Smarty.

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post

ps: you should know something about pain-coping techniques, since you have tattoos. Not that getting a tattoo is the same as labor, but there has to be a way that you dealt with the physical pain of getting a tat...
I've thought about that ... because I consider myself to have a very high pain tolerance as is. I figure labour will be the test of that.
Endorphins are my friend. But when they run out, wow ... pain takes over.
We have friends who are heavily into the SM scene, and the carrying mom handled her labour so amazingly that it took the midwives forever to realize that she needed to be transferred to hospital. Needless to say, she's the 'bottom' in her dom/sub relationship. Interesting, interesting ...

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM

2HM - praying for clear results on your Dp's ultrasound today!

Lemurmommies - Your niece is also in my prayers. I hope she recovers quickly form her infection.

A big AMEN! to staying away from the nipples. DP knows not to hug me too tightly either. I might have to hurt her if she touched my nipples!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:53 PM

Uh, yeah. Nips are completely off limits. Like Jenn, I can't even stand the towel at this point!

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 PM

On the subject of sensitive nipples, boobies, breasts, tatas, and hooters ...
Mine were a solid NO GO zone for the first trimester, and now ... holy sweet goddess of all that and a bag of chips ... I cannot get enough! All of a sudden they got super hearty and super erogenous and I can *ahem* get off on nipple action alone. And I was never, not ever, a tit queen before. Not at all.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 PM

Mine were REALLY sensitive towards the beginning of the pregnancy.The cats like to snuggle with us, and one of them always slept on my chest. Well, the one night, I about threw him across the room when he stepped directly on the girls. It was an instinctual reaction. They seemed to grow a lot at first, but have sort of stopped. Now the're not nearly as sensitive, but my eczema is making them itchy a lot of the time. Does another 'growth spurt' occur later on in the pregnancy? I went up about a cup size in the first 6 weeks.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:23 PM

My left boobage looks like it belongs to Dolly Parton and the right one looks like it belongs to Hilary Swank. That's my later pregnancy titscicle development. Hmph. :

Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM

re: boobage comments - yes the girls will get bigger as pregnancy progresses and once your milk comes in, well, there's yet another spurt!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM

don't ask me about boobage. I'm still in the same bras I was in pre-first-pregnancy and I had horrible supply problems. I'm starting on an herb to try to get 'em to grow this weekend (36 weeks). Anyone who feels like shipping milk to me is more than welcome to.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM

ignore please

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
don't ask me about boobage. I'm still in the same bras I was in pre-first-pregnancy and I had horrible supply problems. I'm starting on an herb to try to get 'em to grow this weekend (36 weeks). Anyone who feels like shipping milk to me is more than welcome to.
Oh Jen, I'm sorry. FWIW, before E was born I went to try on nursing bras and the biggest Bravado cup size they had in stock in my band size (a 36G) was too small. They only make them 'em to a 36H, so I don't think it would have fit once my milk came in. And even with all that breast growth, I still had supply issues and a kid who wouldn't latch at. all., and was on 100% formula by 5 weeks.

I hope that you don't have as many (or any) supply issues this time around. But just know that for me, boob growth was not an indicator of milk supply.

ETA: I had a breast reduction when I was 17. So it's possible that there was plenty of milk in there that had no way to get out. Just thought I'd mention that. In case someone thought it odd. Or something.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 PM

2HM -- any update? I've been thinking about you and DW.

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 PM

Sorry it took me so long to update....it's been a crazy, hectic week. I don't know what's going on, but all of my clients seem to be in crisis lately. It's absolutely insane.

DW is good! : The place the MRI found was a lymph node that was by her previous incision spot. The node appeared completely normal and they are going to check it again in 6 months with another MRI.

Thanks for all the thoughts. We are so relieved. This family would be in big trouble without DW. Big, big trouble.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Sorry it took me so long to update....it's been a crazy, hectic week. I don't know what's going on, but all of my clients seem to be in crisis lately. It's absolutely insane.

DW is good! : The place the MRI found was a lymph node that was by her previous incision spot. The node appeared completely normal and they are going to check it again in 6 months with another MRI.

Thanks for all the thoughts. We are so relieved. This family would be in big trouble without DW. Big, big trouble.
That is so great to hear!!!!!

Rest easy, the two of you.

be well,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
DW is good! :

That is great news. :

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:28 AM

That's fantastic news 2HM!!!!! :::

Old 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM

Glad to hear all is well, 2HM!

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 10-31-2008, 03:54 PM

Yay for good results!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:02 PM

So... today, people at work noticed my belly for the first time. It was so exciting!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 PM

: Yay for healthy boobies!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Hi all. I'm shamelessly soliciting some sticky vibes. Yesterday in mid day...I had some moderate cramping. Nothing terrible...but more than the dull crampiness that I've been having. Then...last night...I found the stlightest tinge of brown on the tp when I wipe. I is very very faint...but it's there. Not every time I go...just off and on...but it's still doing it this morning. So, I just don't know what that means...but I guess it doesn't look good.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:27 PM

Jenn ... I'm mustering all the sticky vibes that I can, hon.
This must be very scary. Hang in there, both of you.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:48 PM

Mucho sticky vibes little one.
: :

and some s for you Jenn

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Jenn,

Big and sticky vibes. I had cramping and spotting early on in this pregnancy, and it felt so much like the end of my previous miscarried pregnancy that I was sure it was all over. It turned out just fine though.

I know how scary this process is. You are in my thoughts.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 11-01-2008, 05:03 PM

jenn, sending you hugs and good vibes for little jenbean. stick to the pole little one!

g

Old 11-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Jenn - lots of sticky vibes for you! :

Don't know if it helps, but I've had a little bit of blood almost every day for the last 6 weeks. Sometimes it's just the slightest tinge of brown, but sometimes it's full on red blood. But everytime I go to the doctor, everything is fine with the baby. At first I was terrified, now I'm finally starting to relax and accept that I'm just going to bleed a little while I'm pregnant, but baby will be fine.

Call your doc if you're real worried and maybe you can get into to hear the baby's heartbeat or have an ultrasound and be reassured that babys ok.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 PM

oh jenn I hope that everything is all right.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Old 11-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Lots of sticky vibes heading your way, Jenn. :

Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 PM

Jenn,

I am sending every sticky vibe possible. Stick, baby, stick.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
kjm

I often had droplets, little pink and red drops--mostly coinciding with (TMI ALERT) having just had penetrative sex or having just made a bowel movement. It appears that it is completely normal for the rapidly shifting cervix to react to such stimuli in that way. Hope that info helps but sending you vibes anyway

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!

User Tag List