Queer Parents in Northwest Indiana? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many LGBTIQQA parents are there in Northwest Indiana? I'm facing utter homelessness here in Indy in about a month and a half, and if I cannot secure some place down here in Indianapolis, DD and I are moving back up to the Crown Point/Merrillville area. Having left 15 years ago, I have no clue if anyone is out and proud in Lake County. When I left, there was like zilch for a visible queer population, and I still haven't seen anything up there. Wait, Gary just had its first Pride parade this year, so there's that.

One of the things I do like about Indy is that there are a lot of queer families, and I'd like to connect with others if I move back home. So, where are y'all, and is there any group yet formed? If there is no group, is anyone interested in joining one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey there Ursa! I don't live in NW IN any more, but I'm from there originally - the Valparaiso/Merrillville area. I live in Bloomington now and the gay community here is great. I do have a few friends who live in portage and surrounding areas. They hang out in a bar in Lake Station called Encompass.

Here's some info about the bar - Encompass Nightclub
Corner of Central & Rush St., Lake Station, Indiana (219) 962-4640 (3pm - 3am Mon-Sat)
Male/Female, Entertainment, Dancing

Also they play flag football and softball, so maybe try joining one of those leagues.

There's a thread on queer parenting somewhere about chicagoland queer parents. Maybe someone can resurrect that?

Good Luck!

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

User Tag List