Trans parents and Stephanie Brill (!!!!) on TV - Friday, November 14, 2008 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If there are any trans/genderqueer parents or parents to be who want to talk about this, let me know! I'm hoping to talk to some folks by IM, e-mail, phone, in person, whatever, to get some background for a paper I'm writing for a class and for possible eventual publication in an academic journal. Anonymity can be ensured, or not, at your option - just get in touch, and feel free to forward to friends. cluckydude at gmail dot com is my best e-mail for this.

Stephanie Brill on 20/20 with Barbara Walters
Friday Nov 14, 10PM ET

Join 20/20's Barbara Walters as she talks with Gender Spectrum's co-founder Stephanie Brill in an upcoming special featuring Transgender families. Brill explores with Walters the many pathways Transgender people pursue to arrive at parenthood. Some of the topics they will discuss include Transgender people's rights to preserve fertility and the recent public - and LGBT community's - response to the highly-profiled pregnant man, Thomas Beattie. Walters and Brill also address societal stigma towards Transgender families and the need to raise awareness and understanding. The impulse to parent is human, not gender-based, says Brill, and love is what's needed to make a
family.

Don't miss it and please forward widely!

This segment will air on November 14th at 10pm ET (check local listings) and serves as a follow-up to Walters' sensitive and respectful interviews with Transgender children and their parents aired in June 2007.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!

User Tag List