Paper/magnetic doll making! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok - I have a few questions.

1. Where do you mommas purchase your sticky-backed magnetic sheets? The best price I have found so far is Oriental Trading Co. Any better ones out there?

2. I want to put scenes onto a thin sheet of tin for my kids to play on. Any good background scenes or websites that have them?

3. Please share your favorite dolls and patters. Free or otherwise!

4. I have heard that there is a magazine that prints a new doll and clothes each issue on its back cover. I don't know the name however. Does anyone know what magazine this is? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much everyone!

Mamma to 3! nurslings Emma (4) Daniel (3) and our new baby Beth! 10/10/09
#2 of 6 Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuansprincess View Post
Ok - I have a few questions.

1. Where do you mommas purchase your sticky-backed magnetic sheets? The best price I have found so far is Oriental Trading Co. Any better ones out there?

2. I want to put scenes onto a thin sheet of tin for my kids to play on. Any good background scenes or websites that have them?

3. Please share your favorite dolls and patters. Free or otherwise!

4. I have heard that there is a magazine that prints a new doll and clothes each issue on its back cover. I don't know the name however. Does anyone know what magazine this is? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks so much everyone!
81/2 11 sheet at dollar store

Lovin Jesus, Homeschooling, CLW Unity( jan05) & living life with my Hero of 10 years, 5 cats & 3 turtles
#3 of 6 Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Any luck?
#4 of 6 Old 02-25-2011, 05:10 PM

I have been wanting to try to make magnetic paper dolls for my DD ever since I saw this: http://www.onepearlbutton.com/2009/12/tutorial-magnetic-paper-dolls.html

Here's a link to the Betsy McCall paper dolls she used: http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/betsy_mccall/p60_2.html

I also bought these cute downloadable paper dolls from Wee Wonderfuls: http://www.weewonderfuls.com/store/paper-dolls.html

I also found a number of play sets from Wonder Time: http://wondertime.go.com/create-and-play/printables/  I printed and laminated one set and put velcro dots on the back for my DD felt board when she was smaller.

Would love to know where to get cheap magnet sheets as I bought a pack at Staples and it was pretty pricey :(

Hope this helps! Please post pics if you end up making a set, would love to see the finished product :)

Lynn

ETA: Just realized this post if from 2009, but would still like to see pics if anyone makes this project. I may even get motivated and finally make a set :)

: Wife, and grateful mama to DD : (b. 11/17/2006), DS (b/d 8/3/2004) and 2 sweet s
#5 of 6 Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 PM

this is too cute... any suggestions on where to get boyish printables? my 4 year old loves his melissa and doug joey magnet doll, but he would have a blast with these too.

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#6 of 6 Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM

I made a magnetic horse with different saddles/blankets etc for my oldest for Christmas and a doll set with clothing for my middle. Im debating getting altoid cans, dumping the mints into a baggie and using the tins for the dolls. The girls would love it and they would at least smell good :)

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page