Maternity dresses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-30-2009, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am looking for easy patterns to make maternity dresses from. I need something really easy for a beginner. Also, I am normally a size 18 pre-pregnancy.

Thanks

Super mom to a 5 1/2 year old girl, almost 4 yr old girl, and 2 year old boy.

#2 of 6 Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM

Have you tried looking for a dress pattern with an empire waist? Those work well during pregnancy as it is more fitted above the belly. I saw this on ebay. You could also check JoAnn's or another store with a fabric department and see what they have. Good luck! BTW, I am due about the same time as you are.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
#3 of 6 Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM

I do not have any resources on maternity patterns but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! I am about 19 weeks pregnant myself.

take care,
Elizabeth
#4 of 6 Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM

I dont have any ideas or patterns for you, but congrats and I am 15 weeks pregnant as well. I am going to keep my eye on this thread as well, because I would love to be making some of my own summery dresses with my belly rounding.

Unschooling Crunchy Mama of 5 babies. Welcome Emily-Rose born September 7th 2010!
#5 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 06:41 PM

just in case anyone wanders into this old thread, Kwiksew has a couple of nice patterns. The instructions are very easy to follow.

Happily married, with DS 08.2010
#6 of 6 Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 PM

What I do is just buy one that fits and isn't too expensive, then cut it apart at the seams and lay it out on the floor. Then you can make as many duplicates as you need from the "pattern". I know it's not the technical way to do it, but I'm really bad at following patterns and if I see how it fits in front of me, it's easier to duplicate it on my own. You said you're a beginner too, so I hope this helps. Do you know the site http://www.gatheringguide.com? It lists dress shops by city so you can call around and see who has maternity dresses in stock. I'd give you specific store recommendations but I don't know where you live.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page