Mothering Forum banner

Stokke Tripp Trapp Cushion Pattern?

13K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Molavarria 
#1 ·
After searching forever, I finally found a pair of affordable Stokke chairs for $20 apiece!!! I am so happy with my find, and I'd like to sew cushions for them, but am not sure how to start. I've found a pattern here: http://www.makethemyourself.com/tt.html but as always am looking for more ways to save money. If any mamas have a pattern they'd like to share, or know where I might find one for free I'd greatly appreciate it! Both my sisters have these chairs for their kids, and the cushions would make great Christmas presents! Thank you!

#2 ·
First I have to say that we bought the official cushions and I found them a real pain. Much easier to wash the chair down than to take of the cushions to wash.

Anyway the one for the seat cushion I would take the seat out of one of your chairs and draw round it. Add a seam allowance and mark where the hole for the crotch strap needs to be (if you are using it for a toddler then you can miss that off)

You'll need 3 pieces of fabric this shape. 2 for the topn and bottom of the cushion, the other cut in half lengthways and hem the edges which were the middle (hope that makes sense) These are the flaps which hold the cushion onto the seat.

I'll come back later with thoughts on the back cushion, got to go and collect DD form school now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.