Super simple Girls dress pattern for new sewer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD and I are taking sewing lessons together (we're both VERY new to sewing).  DD loves wearing dresses in the summer and our sewing teacher thinks if we find the right pattern maybe DD could make her own summer dresses.  I've been looking online, but haven't found anything yet that looks simple enough.  She can cut fabric and sew it together. . .so I was thinking about a simple A line dress.  She's a size 10.  Any ideas??  I have to find something before class on Friday :)  Oh, and I'm not in the states and I haven't been able to find a pattern at our two fabric stores in town that would be easy enough for us to make as a first project.  Thanks for your help!!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM

Oh those patterns are wonderful!!! Love the pillowcase dress, would look great with a ribbon strap :) Make sure you choose bright colours in bold patterns.

My favourite project to do (more for babies and young children) are the DIY bibs. The website also has other great projects too :)

Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM

You could make a pillowcase dress, here is an example but I'm sure you'll be able to find another free pattern in her size:

http://madebypetchy.blogspot.com/2008/06/free-pattern-baby-dresstunic.html

Married since 4/2004 treehugger.gif mom to DSkid.gif6/2008, DD bf.gif 4/2010 and one on the way.  52 project challenge: 16/52

Old 02-27-2012, 04:35 AM

Actually, I would second that. Pillowcase and other linen fabrics are probably really good to use as the have the tendency to be a lot softer. Unfortunately a lot have the tendency to be quite thin too, so look out for winter pillowcases just in case.

User Tag List