new photos -help needed for zipper fixing TIA ...) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

so, here's my latest photo .... i was good until finishing sewing the first side of the zipper .... but now it's s skewed ... shall i just finish sewing by hands for the finitions or should i un-do the seam for the second side of the zipper and try to align it better ?

also ... i miscalculated a bit for the length of the zipper so it sticks out a bit ....

(+ next time, i wont make sharp corners but "round corners" !!!!!)

what i wrote in January

hello, i have some fabric and a long zipper

i'm thinking of making a rectangular pouch zippered on 3 sides in which i would like to organise my necklaces and bracelets ... haven't found anything yet on-line that looks like what i think i would like ...

& not quite sure how to organise the inside of the pouch

any advice ?

ideally, i would like to have necklaces fastened at 2 or 3points so that they don't end up all mixed up

any suggestion welcome TIA

hello, this is end of April (i don't seem to be able to post a new post on this thread .... a technical glitch probably....)

i finally got going, up to and including sewing the first half of the zipper ... but now, having sewn the second half of the zipper, i'm not happy because it doesn't align very well, so am thinking of un-doing the second half, probably pin it and baste it in place, check that it aligns and then only, sew it back ....

any suggestion would be welcome

am trying to up load photos (the jeans side is the inside - i plan to use safety needles to pin pendants, so i needed a thicker fabric than the outside, which i choose because i liked its colors basically)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How about small loops of elastic or fabric to attach the necklaces to and then another at the bottom to hold the necklace so it doesn't tangle with the others. It would keep things snug and untangled :)

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#3 of 4 Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

thank you for the idea ... have not got round to starting on this yet ... but would like to ...

yes, my question is "how to fix" the elastic of loops of fabric ...

i was thinking of sewing a sort of tape made of cloth or something similar ....

am terrible at following a pattern, yet ... i would like to see a "finish project" so that i could get some inspiration out of it ...

#4 of 4 Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If I get a chance Ill put one together to show you what I was talking about :) Ive been meaning to do one as well since we take a lot of day trips places.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page