Ok, here is a link where you can check out my first two covers. Already the 2nd one is way better after learning things here and there from the prototype. If you buy the pattern from the seller I listed, note I deviated from her pattern:http://googoostuff.blogspot.com/2006...art-cover.html
1. used 2 layers of extra thick batting/linning
2. made a front picket with toy loops intead of just the front toy loops (in addition to the two side pockets with loops that the pattern calls for)
3. I used the quick release belt material for the loops instead as the toy rings I have come with a huge gap and needed a thicker loop to hold on too
4. I also left out the leg flaps and went for just the round leg hole.
5. Did not make it reversible, just one sided.
Overall you can change things on the pattern here and there with some imagination but it gets you started if you don't know where to start!
p.s. it does make time to make one of these but your later ones shoud go faster so dont get fustrated. For me it wasnt so much about saving money by not buying a ready made one. Although i now appreciate those who make them for income and what they charge isnt that much when you consider the time you spend making one. But making them for me was about making it special for my baby and learning for future gifts.