photo calender - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever made their own calender using their own photo's? I want to make some for x-mas gifts using 4x6 pictures. Any suggestions?
#2 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM

Are you handy with a photo editing program like Photoshop Elements? Check out the templates at www.scrapgirls.com
#3 of 7 Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 PM

My mother made one for my DH and me about 5 years ago. It was an 8 1/2x11 calendar. She just printed out the pictures she wanted on full-size photo paper sheets, then printed out the calendar portion on the other side of the paper. She downloaded the calendar template from the Microsoft website, they had several in their example Office documents section. Then, she took it to Staples and had them spiral-bind it.

I imagine you could have Staples or some similar store bind whatever you want them to, they have a big machine that does it. I think that would be the cheap way to go, just have your stuff already printed out and let them bind it.
#4 of 7 Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM

Try digilabs.biz. They're a lab for professional photographers, but there's an online calendar design component to their website that allows you to design your own based on their templates and insert your own photos. Not super cheap, but not overpriced and they do very good work.

I've designed a few calendars professionally, and it takes a lot of work to get the dates correct and to insert holidays and such if you go that route. There are a few other online calendar design places too that you can probably find with a search.
#5 of 7 Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I am just learning to use my computer so this will be a bit of a challenge. I usually do everything the old fashioned way(and I'm only 34...) but thought I would give a go .
#6 of 7 Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 PM

I made calendars for our family for the first two years after my ds was born. Last year I just had too much on my plate, and in the new year all I did was field calls about where their calendars were! Anyway, I did the 8 1/2 x 11, with a downloaded calendar template, like the pp said, printed the calendar side on the wrong side of the photo paper and then put them through the printer again to do the pictures on the right side of the photo paper. It was really time consuming, (especially since there were multiple versions for different family members - yk, one side of divorced family couldn't have pictures of the other side of the family...ugh) and after I had them spiral bound at Kinko's I think they worked out (with cost of paper, ink & binding) to about $20 each (not cheap). Some online photo places will do it all for you if you just submit the photos, too. However, they are absolutely wonderful, your family will be gaga over them, and I'm so glad I have them - I wish I had time to keep doing them but now with 2 kids it's too hard!
#7 of 7 Old 12-11-2006, 09:53 PM

I just made one online at walmart.com for about 17 bucks with free shipping to my nearest store... don't know how you feel about WM, but it was a cool setup and a good price!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page