Anyone have a pattern for a playstand w/ the canopy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-20-2007, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband is planning to make our dd a set of playstands w/canopy for Christmas, and I can not find (free) plans anywhere. One site does have it for sale, but I'm hoping to find one for free. There's a thread on here asking if anyone has made them, and it has links to a few places, but none of the ones listed have plans with canopy. I may have to end up buying plans, but I'm hoping the fine folks of Mothering can help. If anyone has plans that they've used, can I buy yours at a discounted price?
#2 of 6 Old 10-27-2007, 03:04 AM

:
#3 of 6 Old 11-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Did you find one? I am looking, too, with no luck so far. After the holidays I may try to just wing it. I'll take photos along the way to document and put up a tutorial if the finished product is any good.
#4 of 6 Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medaroge View Post
Did you find one? I am looking, too, with no luck so far. After the holidays I may try to just wing it. I'll take photos along the way to document and put up a tutorial if the finished product is any good.
Nope, no luck. My mom bought the plans along with some playsilks and playclips for dd for her 2nd b-day, so dh can make them for Christmas. DH and I took a sneak peak at the plans and I have to say- wing it! Really, just wing it.
#5 of 6 Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 PM

What exactly is a play stand? Is that just an archway that you cover wtih fabric?

If so, heck yeah, you can make one easy! Buy some flexible pvc pipe (so it'll bend) or buy a bunch of elbows that also have another joint so you can connect them in an archway configuration. buy long pieces of pvc plastic pipe and a pipe cutter if you don't already have one.

After you make it, measure the final size and custom make a cover for it all - using the pvc 'long' pieces to hold the cover in place - a simple fold over the edge of fabric will make a tube for the pvc to fit in.

does that make sense?

i've made dome tents before for my cats and stuff like that, it'd just be bigger to make one for your child. It really isn't that hard to do - just sit down for a few minutes and make a draft up of what size you kind of want to shoot for and go from there. . ..

bettyann
#6 of 6 Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM

for the heck of it i went online and typed in play stand. i had the right idea on what it was - but the one i saw was wood with a shelf.

you know, kids have a BLAST just with a bed sheet and you move the ktichen chairs around so the bed sheet is draped over that and kids can 'camp out' or whatever they imagine up. . . and nothing big to store. . .

just a thought.

bettyann

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page