Mothering Forum banner

need derections for hand-sewing I-spy bag and childs apron

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tinasquirrel 
#1 ·
I want to make I spy bags and kid sized aprons for my boys but I'm not very sure on a sewing machine and mine is so buried I would never dig it out. Is it possible to sew them by hand? Any derections? (would especially love derections for people who don't know all the stitch terms, lol)

#3 ·
I'm not sure about hand sewing an eye spy pillow. You really need to make sure the stitches are tight because you wouldn't want the filling to come out. And I'm not sure how hard that clear vinyl is to hand sew?

I have some pictures of an apron I made for my son's Montesssori class. I did it on a machine, but I think it would lend itself well to hand sewing. It goes over the head, and has full coverage front and back. That's it. It is bound with double wide bias fold binding which you can buy at any sewing store in many colors. I used two layers of fabric. And there are little loops on the shoulders for hanging the apron up, but you wouldn't need those for home. I just put those in because that's how they hang the aprons at school.

Posting this made me realize that I never posted the completed picture on my blog! I'm going to have to do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.