Mothering Forum banner

Anyone know how to make & what's needed for a fairy/fantasy bower?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PatchChild 
#1 ·
It seems like you need a hoop (what kind? where to get?), fabric (silk or gauze) about 7 ft long that you sew around the hoop and then another scarf-sized piece that goes over the top, has a hanging thing sewn to the center, and is somehow attached to the hoop as well. Can anyone give me some tips on the easiest way to do this? My daughter is really into us making one of these and wants to set up a lemonade stand to earn $ for supplies
. I'm a bit confused on some of the details obviously and can't seem to find instructions online.

Sherri

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh, thank you! I have searched this site many times for "bower" "fairy bower" "fantasy bower". One time I got another thread suggesting longest silk scarves from dharma as being easiest because they are hemmed. So if you got 3? of the 22x90 inch ones and one smaller scarf for the top, we could die the silk, sew the silk onto the hoop (a small fold over it, I imagine, sewn with a gathering stitch then gathered and resewn perhaps?). Then I think I could attach a ribbon to the center of the smaller scarf, drape it over, and sew onto the hoop somehow.

Well, I feel like I'm getting closer!

Sherri

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.