My unvaccinated child--question - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tharen is totally vax free. He has no chronic health problems though he does get seasonal allergies like the rest of us (we live in an area that is notorious for seasonal allergies). He doesn't suffer with them too bad and has never gotten a sinus infection. In fact as far as I know he has only been sick once, he did develop bronchitis last year, but other than that he is totally healthy. Definately not prone to illness, and I take him every where. He spends two days a week hanging out in the waiting room at a children's therapy center while my older son does therapy. Plenty of kids, plenty of germs, but he still doesn't get sick. He is sensitive to cow's milk, but so is Dh.

Kearnan was fully vaxed (minus chickenpox) through 18 months. He is now on the autism spectrum, has kertosis pilaris, and suffers more severely with seasonal allergies than the rest of us (even more than me and that is saying something). He doesn't get other illnesses often though, just the occasional bug, mostly just the allergies. Neither boy has been prone to ear infections. Kearnan has had two or three accompanying sinus infections and Tharen has never had one at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 01:23 AM

My son is not vaccinated* but he does seem to get sick a lot.

He was never sick before I did a course of ABX for mastitis. I find it an eery coincidence.

*I had WinRho at 28 weeks, I don't know whether this counts as HIM being vaccinated. I suppose that it may.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkTrance View Post
*I had WinRho at 28 weeks, I don't know whether this counts as HIM being vaccinated. I suppose that it may.
Just wonderin' what WinRho is? I haven't heard of it.

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 AM

PP_ - It is a form of the Rhogam shot for RH- women.

DD was never vaxxed, no antibiotics. She has mild asthma(viral-induced, maybe 5 attacks per year, NOT like daily issues), which runs in dh's family, his entire sibling group, his father, and his other kids all have it, and they all outgrow it by about puberty. Not really a big deal - it looked like dd might not get it, but then she caught RSV at about 6 months, which our ped said might have damaged her lungs, thus bringing on the asthma, or it just might have been that she was asymptomatic for the first 6 months of her life and would have developed asthma anyway, without the RSV. (She didn't really have risk factors for the RSV - born at 41.5 weeks, at almost 9 pounds, NOT a preemie, lol, was BF, etc.....)

Otherwise, very healthy, never an ear infection, or any illness requiring medicine/doctor visit, etc, hit all milestones early, etc.

CPST
Old 10-25-2007, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ds is unvaxed and has moderate asthma. Both of his parents have it too sooo.....

He's almost never sick, gets a cold every 2-3 years (he's 7 yo). He will wake up with a really high temp (104 - 106) and I will cool him a bit with a warm bath and then sleep with him to monitor him ( no drugs). Then he wakes up in the morning with a clear runny nose, feeling totally fine.....then it hits the rest of the family and we are SICKER THAN DOGS for 3-7 days. My little dude with the untampered with immune system burns off an illness in one night, then the same illness practically wipes out his family!!! Luckily he's always been easy going and pretty easy to take care of even from your death bed.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 AM

2 year old daughter totally unvaxed, has only had two colds, each lasted one day. No other problems thus far.

4 mo. old son is very healthy as well. He's had sniffles. As far as chronic problems, it's too soon to tell.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
No, nothing chronic. My 6 y.o gets one or two colds per year but that's been it so far.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 AM

Totally unvaxed almost 5 year old. He has mild/moderate food allergies to dairy, nuts, peanuts, and sesame. In the past two years he has had several episodes of enlarged adenoids as well.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 AM

My almost 20 month old is unvaxxed. No health issues, never been on antibiotics, never has had a sick visit. He's super bright and doesn't miss a thing, lol. He is still nursinng too.

User Tag List