My unvaccinated child--question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for those of you who have a non vaccinated child...does your child have any chronic health problems?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Not really, no ... mine has mild eczema, but 1) it runs in dh's family; and 2) he got his birth-2mo-4mo shots. we stopped after the 4mo round. He's 14mo now.

Chronic annoying pediatrician questions, we have in spades ...
#3 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 12:53 PM

Tracy, what is the point of all these threads? I am curious. They are not a study of any sorts as the population is completely biased* and the information is completely anecdotal. So, what is the point? Why don't you put them in the polls forum and you might get more answers?

*biased as in not a true cross section of population
#4 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
No, my unvaxed children do not have any chronic health problems. But neither does my partially vax child either.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpansy View Post
Tracy, what is the point of all these threads? I am curious. They are not a study of any sorts as the population is completely biased* and the information is completely anecdotal. So, what is the point? Why don't you put them in the polls forum and you might get more answers?

Of course this is not a study. It is a thread in a discussion board. And no it is not a cross population since this is a board called Mothering. That leaves out a lot of non-mothers, doesn't it? As for the demo of these mothers, who knows, some are rich, some are poor, some seek alternative healthcare, some seek traditional, some come to this board because they want to talk about diapers, others come here because they want to talk about unschooling. Who knows? It is what it is... as for this thread, it is a discussion about what people have observed.

I don't think a poll is necessary. People seem to be responsive but maybe it will be a way to go...lets see. :

#6 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpansy View Post

Actually, there are quite a few selective\delayed\full vaxers here. Personally, non vaxer here (after I got my head out of my arse and researched it).

I used to be full vaxer, then swayed to selective\delayed and now am fully non-vax. My youngest does not have a single vax to date at the age of 7 months (uncorrected age). My oldest two I stopped at the 5\6 yr vax (they don't have it) my other two are 12 mo and 18 mo respectively when I stopped.

Sheal
#7 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM

My unvaxed ds doesn't have any chronic health problems. He is a bright, very talkative child. My oldest and most vaxed has had problems with bronchitis, bronchial-pneumonia, and pneumonia problems ever since he was a baby. Still does. My partially vaxed ds (middle child) doesn't have any problems except with concentration. We are going to do chelation therapy.

Shianne
I am just me. Cert. HHP and Herbalist and mom to three wonderful home educated boys.
#8 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 01:42 PM

no vaxxing here. healthiest kids in teh ped's office. they dont' even catch colds from other kids with them.
#9 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 02:11 PM

No vax here, no health problems. Rarely get sick, if she gets a cold she sneezes for a day when the other kids feel like crap and are down for 2 or more days with fever, etc. Out of our subset of friends her age, she's the healthiest hands down. No allergies food or otherwise, either.

Jenn
#10 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 02:23 PM

The two younger grandchildren are completely vax and abx free.

One of them had a mild form of eczema due to allergies to dairy and nuts. It is completely cleared up now.

Neither have any health problem of any kind.

My oldest grandson was vaccinated up to 15 mo and showed symptoms to autism which he took 5 years to outgrow. No health problems now.
#11 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 02:28 PM

My 19 month old twins are completely vax free, no health problems of any kind, 2 colds in their life despite being born at 30 weeks. They do not have any developmental or physical delays, they also have never had any kind of therapy.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#12 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 PM

28 month old unvaxed ds2 had a mild-moderate speech delay. Completely healthy otherwise.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#13 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM

Two unvaxed kids here with no allergies and no health problems. In fact, they've never had more than a sniffle. They were both breastfed a long time, though. I guess that helps!
#14 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 PM

unvaxed DD who is 20 months old with zero health problems.
#15 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
28 month old unvaxed ds2 had a mild-moderate speech delay. Completely healthy otherwise.

My grandson did not have more than 10 words at almost 3 yo. By the time he was just barely over 3 he talked in sentences and now at 3 and 1/2 he is way ahead.

His little brother started talking at just barely 1 yo. and now at 1 and 1/2 he says four word sentences.

Kids vary.
#16 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Spy

My little one has a severe language disorder which is not related to anything medical (other then the original trauma I suspect). Health wise he is so fine
its embarassing. His brother is fine too.
#17 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM

No, my children do not have any chronic health problems.

I think it is helpful to discuss these things depsite it not being a scientific study.

Thanks for these threads, Tracy.
#18 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 PM

my non vaxed 2 year old has been sick twice is gifted and underweight she also has a hard time sleeping

my son was born healthy we thoguht but had a rare aspiration problem and on oxygen for 8 months but we healed him and now hes perfectly well
#19 of 39 Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 PM

My unvaxed dd has chronic yeast problems that I believe were caused by the antibiotics I was given during labor.
#20 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 AM

no chronic health problems here, no vaxes either.
#21 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEssence View Post
my non vaxed 2 year old has been sick twice is gifted and underweight she also has a hard time sleeping

my son was born healthy we thoguht but had a rare aspiration problem and on oxygen for 8 months but we healed him and now hes perfectly well
TrueEssence,
were you vaxed? Just wondering.

#22 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
MY DD is completely unvaxed and has no chronic health issues. She's been to the ped maybe 4 times in 3 years.

Just based on my own observation, she seems to be the healthiest kid in our group of friends. Two fevers in 3 years. Maybe 3 colds. Never had an ear infection or a bout of diarrhea. And she gets over any bugs in a day or two tops. Many of the other kids just seem chronically ill...the perpetual runny noses, GI problems and on/off again diarrhea, they're always on antibiotics. We're the only non-vaxing ones in the group. It's funny. Many of the parents were told vaccines were good for their kids and would help their immune systems. I just see the chronic sickness from it.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#23 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 PM

1 partially vaxed son (to 18 months, no cp or rubella vax) - no known chronic health problems or developmental issues

1 partially vaxed daughter (to 6 months) - psoriasis and yeast problem (never on abx, btw, either), no developmental issues

1 completely vax-free daughter - no known chronic problems or developmental issues
#24 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM

My son had his 2 month shots only. He had 5 ear infections before 8 months old (the first was even before his 2 months shots though). And has had one since his tubes fell out, at 18 months. He's got terrible allergies (but our entire family does to the point of having to do allergy shots). He catches things pretty easily it seems... he's had rotavirus (@ 10 months), Chicken Pox (@ 12.5 months), Roseola (can't remember when, he was under 13 months), and a couple other bugs.

I think it's more related to genes and not being breastfed long enough than vaccines in his case. But that is one reason I won't vax him anymore. His allergies are severe enough, and DH has horrible eczema. We don't need DS's allergies to get worse or for him to develop anything else.
#25 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM

I or my three sisters have not been vaccinated. We range from age 34-40 and have no health problems whatsever. Growing up we had a few fevers, chickenpox etc. and grew stronger immune systems because of it. My sisters two sons age 16 and 2 are even healthier than we were. Never had fevers or any childhood diseases because they're 2nd generation non-vax. My son now 3 months is a happy healthy non-vax baby as well!

Elizabeth, mom to two beautiful boys and wife to my handsome hubby!
#26 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 03:30 PM

3 older children, all fully vaccinnated, have chronic health problems and 1 has a disability.
Youngest, partially vaxed in 1st year except for MMR, has NONE, rarely gets sick either, even when she went to daycare at age 3.
#27 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM

Overall, my unvaccinated children (younger two children out of four, now almost 5 and just turned 3) are some of the healthiest children I have ever seen, and that is not an exaggeration. I thought my older two were pretty healthy but the differences between the first two as babies and toddlers and even now compared to the next two as babies and toddlers blows my mind. If ds3 and dd get sick they are over it quickly, 48 hours has been the max (with 4yo) they went with symptoms before hopping out of bed the next day totally boisterous and feeling great, with the more severe colds and stomach bug type stuff. Not so for ds1 and ds2 who still commonly take about 5/7 days to fully recuperate. Ds3 and dd have no chronic illnesses, that I'm aware of.

Ds2 doesn't seem to have any chronic issues either, thank goodness. Yet as of now I'm 95% sure Ds1 falls somewhere on the autism spectrum, maybe even specifically aspergers. No official dx but I know he has CAPD too.

All of my kids were bf past a year, fwiw.
#28 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 06:03 PM

No vaxes or antibiotics ever. No ear infection ever. No runny/crusty nose ever. Super healthy. Few illnesses pass in a day while we may be out for several.

Dh and I were sooooo sick as babies with allergies, ezcema, and ear tubes, etc.

So pleased we don't vax and did our research before getting pregnant.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#29 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Yes, but not vax related. I have two w Celiac Disease and 1 who needs to be tested still. They are healthy on Gluten Free diets. One has a heart condition from his malnourishment prior to the CD dx, again not vax related.

My 2 hb'd babies are my totally unvaxed and they are healthy and by far my HAPPIEST babies. (1 has CD and 1 needs to be tested, might have it)

Since CD is genetic autoimmune, I can't say vaxing is related.
#30 of 39 Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM

My 23 month old DS has never been vaxed and has been to the doc twice, both for WBC. There have been no issues whatsoever with his health. He has had a fever (low grade) only while teething.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page