If you regret vaccinating your child, please post here. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 120 Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS had all his vaxes up to 6 months of age. I do regret causing him pain and seeing his reaction to the shots-fussiness in a normally sweet, calm baby and I pumped him full of tylenol b/c he seemed miserable. It's just too many shots too close together!!! for me to feel OK about it.

I am delaying at this point until I have more information. No harm in waiting to give more, if I ever do!

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
#32 of 120 Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Add me to the list...vaxed my DD, partially vaxed my DS and then became aware enough to not vax my youngest, a decision I definitely don't regret. However, I will forever feel guilty about vaxing my other two...I just didn't know better at the time.

Kim
#33 of 120 Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 PM

I totally regret giving any of my children any of the recommended vax's. I think it was a huge mistake and I'm sure their bodies are dealing with the fallout from all the crap that was injected into them :

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#34 of 120 Old 01-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Thank you for creating this post. I am a FTM. DH and I have decided to decline vaxing, and we have the dreaded 2 mo appt on wed. when i declined the 1 mo hep shot, my pedia didn't say a word to me which was nice. however, i know they are all big on DTaP. this thread has further solidified my position - NO VAX!! ugh!!
#35 of 120 Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM

I completely regret not questioning the medical establishment before allowing my children to be vaxed. DS had two reactions before I finally got some brains in my head and put a stop to it. I am very angry that I allowed those poisons into my children.
#36 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 12:00 AM

I have two fully vaxed and two fully un-vaxed children. And while I think that ADD is partially hereditary, I think that the vaccines took something that DD already had and made it worse. Or maybe neither or nor DH would have it if they had not been vaxed.

DD has it worse than DH did. She also had more shots that DH. My oldest DD "seems" fine.
#37 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 12:38 AM

Add me to the list. Our 3 year old got everything on schedule until about 12 mos. I totally regret it. Our 10 month old is vax free. Ironically she is the one with asthma and allergies. I am super glad that I did my homework and didn't vax her though because who knows what damage they would have caused her already compromised immune system. And what's the first thing the allergist recommended? Yup, a flu shot. :
#38 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 12:55 AM

My DD was fully vaxed until 18 months. I was then going to selectively vax, but ended up deciding against it! DD hasn't received any vaxes since 12 months and DS has never received a vax.

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#39 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 AM

Mama to 1 partially selectively vaxed DS.

He is 16 months old and hasn't had his 12 month vax yet, because he's been sick nearly nonstop since then and because I don't really want to do them anymore.

He has reactive airway disease and food/environmental allergies. I'll always wonder if the vax is a contributing factor.

But then I also live in terror that he'll get pertussis or another more common vax-able disease, because his immune system is so weak. Especially since he is mostly FF.

DH is fine with going in either direction and feels similarly conflicted. I really need to sit down and do the research and decide.

Rebecca, mama to M (08/06) and E (04/09)
#40 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 10:41 AM

add me....I regret vaxing my first (I can't say he's fully vaxed - because fully vaxed in this day and age is NEVER acheived) but he had everything at the time. My second is ASD..started to decline after cp and then the MMR 7 months later (delayed/catch-up schedule), administered when he had a fever, sore throat, etc. I regret my ignorance and the fact that I let NYC public school personnel and the ped intimidate me and give me outright false information.

my youngest is not and will never be vaxed.
#41 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
add me....I regret vaxing my first (I can't say he's fully vaxed - because fully vaxed in this day and age is NEVER acheived)
This is so true!!! My kids are vaxed up to the schedule required for school entry in California in 2004. I have been signing the exemptions for them since even though the school has records they have their shots. Hey we are now in Oregon, they are a bit crunchier here.
#42 of 120 Old 01-13-2008, 05:26 PM

We didn't vax either child but I regret even THINKING about vaxing. Hehehe. Thanks to all you mamas who made it possible for me to have no regrets.

/hugs.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#43 of 120 Old 01-14-2008, 04:41 PM

Just adding myself to the list. First child almost fully vaxed with a reaction to second dose of Prevnar....second child hasn't had any....
#44 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 12:12 AM

add me to the list. ds1 is vaxed through 15 months. His first day home he screamed for hours on end (ended up he WAS given the hep shot and I was cooerced into letting them do it while drugged from an awful birth) It still didn't hit me that it was the vaxes and I continued out of fear, which I now know was an irrational fear of mine. Then the last set sent him over the edge. He screamed and cried for hours and hours and ended up with a double ear infection, bronchitis and weaned because it hurt to much to nurse.

Then comes ds2. I still hadn't learned. He did not get the hep at birth. He did get the 2 month and had a little bigger than a golfball sized lump on his thigh for 2 months after. Was told it was 'normal' reaction to the shots. 4 month wbc I walked out after they told me it was normal and it wasn't from the shots.... haven't been back since in 5 years and now I KNOW my mama mojo is there and ticking loudly. I wish every day I had listened harder to it.
#45 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 AM

We absolutely regret vaccinating our 2 year old daughter (vax'ed fully up to 15 months). Our youngest hasn't been vaxed...and never will be!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#46 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 AM

I regret vaxing my older DD -- especially that we fell behind and then had to load her up to get her "caught up." They made me feel like it was THE LAW and I had no choice. Grrrr. I thought it caused her speech delay. Then along comes DD2 and she is totally unvaxed, and also has a speech delay and the only person in our family who has eczema. So go figure.

But if I could do things over with #1 I wouldn't vax and I would BF longer. DD2 is 2.5 and still nursing.

-Vijay
#47 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 05:27 AM

1st son selectively vaxed
2nd son even more selectively vaxed and reacted o the DTaP) pertissis vax is STILL evil
3rd son non-vaxed

Why oh why didn't I follow my gut from the begining, I regret every single shot.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#48 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 AM

I just want to make sure that everyone knows that they can report ALL of these vaccine reactions (and SHOULD) themselves. Maybe someone has the link?

ps, I don't think it matters how much time has passed or whether your doctor told you it was not a vaccine reaction or "normal" or even refused to report it him/herself.

#49 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 AM

DS 19 months was fully vaxed until 12 months and won't be getting any more. I cried each time he had a shot because it seemed so wrong and despite the fact that l asked "Do we have to do this?" l was never informed that we had a choice to say NO. The answers l received to my questions were "It's for his good" and "It'll only take a second". How ANGRY l feel now!!! I truely thought it was illegal not to vax. Obviously any future DC will not be vaxed.
#50 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 AM

SOOOO many parents ask "do I have to do this?" and are told "oh it will only hurt for a minute." "But it's so safe." "the needle bothers you more than him." "only if you want him to go to school/be healthy/grow up to adulthood." but are never to my knowledge told:

"No. Here's the exemption form."

How is this informed concent?

I mean, my ped asked us "have you given thought to vaxing?" it was never, like "time for a vax?" it was more like "did you decide if you wanted to vax or not?"

When I asked for any information she could give me, she gave me a sheet with the "side effects" and schedule of the vaxes. Not so convincing.

She dealt mostly with an immigrant/welfare population, and perhaps she wanted to keep reading levels simple for this reason. I felt the same way at the WIC office...

But I'm getting OT.

ANyways, yea, just wanted to comment on that.

#51 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 09:28 AM

Yes. Me. My oldest is dead because of the vaccines. Not an hour goes by that I don't regret vaxing her.
#52 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm so sorry barefoot mama, it's great and strong of you to speak out.

I regret vaxing our first until he was 12mths, no reactions, but I hate that I did it bc everyone else does and didn't really look into it.

Mama to four ('03, '05, '08 & '11) chicken3.gif
#53 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Yes. Me. My oldest is dead because of the vaccines. Not an hour goes by that I don't regret vaxing her.

#54 of 120 Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
#55 of 120 Old 01-16-2008, 05:51 AM

omg...i just read your story and i nearly cried all the way through.

im so sorry for your loss.

#56 of 120 Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM

Ok, here I go. I am not really regretting vaxing my children (22 months and 6 months) but I was curious to why so many are against it. I have read and researched and it is very interesting to read. I had heard about reactions before but before I joined this site, I never gave it a second thought. Now you all have me thinking. I was just always taught to get those "baby shots" after they are born and never blinked an eye. So far my girls are both very healthy and happy so I guess I should consider myself lucky. barefoot mama I am so sorry to hear your story. I just hope my girls stay healthy. I am very very sorry for you!
#57 of 120 Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 PM

There is not a day that goes by that I don't regret my ASD son's vaccines, my son regressed at 12 months. We are now a vaccine free family. My typical, healthy never even had an ear infection or sniffle other than teething 12 month old dd has never even seen a syringe.
#58 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Ok, here I go. I am not really regretting vaxing my children (22 months and 6 months) but I was curious to why so many are against it. I have read and researched and it is very interesting to read. I had heard about reactions before but before I joined this site, I never gave it a second thought. Now you all have me thinking. I was just always taught to get those "baby shots" after they are born and never blinked an eye. So far my girls are both very healthy and happy so I guess I should consider myself lucky. barefoot mama I am so sorry to hear your story. I just hope my girls stay healthy. I am very very sorry for you!
well, keep reading!

Death, regression, autism, severe reactions, not so severe reactions, the fact that children who are FULLY vaxed STILL get the diseases they are meant to protect. The fact that they keep adding "boosters" to the vax schedule because they are NOT WORKING and they are realizing that we need MORE AND MORE AND MORE and they are STILL not working...

I could go on.

Maybe check out the VAERS website to see all of the deaths listed on this government site of children who have died from this...then go and read the stats from children dying from chickenpox/mumps/etc...

In fact, just read the vax inserts and see if you want monkey dna entering your child's bloodstream...it's in there. So is thermasol (mercury derivitive) and aluminum. So are aborted fetus cells. With all of their dna.

Start looking around and you will see. Read the CDC Pink Pages on their website (meant to convince you to vax or of vaccine theory, which they admittedly know very little about or WHY it works). SCARY SCARY stuff.

#59 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 05:55 AM

I'm not sure I would use the word regret. It invokes such a negative response in me, and although I'd never vax another child, I believe that people come down the paths they are supposed to come down. I'm not sure I would've listened to people or done the reseach in the past had there been people around trying to educate me/change me. Not because I'm evil..but because I was very young and trusting of those around me who said it was better to vax.

Personally, I started out thinking we would delay vax, and do some research this time around. I, too, struggle with the idea of my child catching one of those diseases, but what makes me feel better is thinking that I can live with myself if nature or fate or whatever you want to call it ends up throwing one of them our way, but I dont think I could live with myself knowing I injected those things into my kids and they might cause other harm to them. I think there are other ways to use science and nature in harmony, not agaisnt one another, like it seems like is the situation today.
#60 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherearthdancer View Post
I'm not sure I would've listened to people or done the reseach in the past had there been people around trying to educate me/change me..
I SOOOOO wish someone educated me BEFORE my son got the shots...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page