If you regret vaccinating your child, please post here. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here too. You can read our story in my siggy.

Life should not be lived w/regrets, however. This taught me a lot and has enabled me to reach and and help (and educate) others.

If I could do it over again though, I'd never had had dds vaxed for anything. Ever.
#62 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Oh yes, I totally regret vaxing my first. She was born in '98 when there was still a ton(so to speak) of mercury in the shots. I was completely clueless and just believed what the doctors and health nurses said. She had a bad reaction at 6mos and now has learning difficulties. My second is completely vax free and is the healthiest of the family. When she gets sick, she always gets it much milder then the rest of us, and always gets over it the soonest. I contribute that to an intact immune system. With my first my gut said no but I believed what I was told but with my second I listened and the difference is like night and day.
M
#63 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 PM

My oldest was vaxed for 4 sets of shots, and I regret it still. He has little lasting effects, but at the time I really think we would have lost him had we continued to vax. I have 3 other kids- all never vaxed and I don't regret that at all!

I never knew that vax was a CHOICE- I was always told that it was not something that you questioned. I only found out through Mothering, and I honestly thing Mothering helped save my son from being lost....

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

#64 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 02:43 PM

I can't say I regret much in life, learn and live and all that, but I deeply regret fully vaxing DD to about 7, and DS1 to about 5. DS has developmental disabilities that I believe are entwined with the vaccines. Thankfully, they are no longer vaccinated and DS's 2 and 3 are not vaxed at all.

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#65 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 PM

I've vaxed DS since he was born and regret it. His last dr's appt he has had no vaxes. Our new dr (who practices holistic medicine) is very supportive, but he does need to go in soon to get one last shot from a set he has had. If he does not get it soon, he'll need to get the whole set over again. Thankfully he's never gotten any flu shots!

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#66 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 04:57 PM

mommy2anangel-

vaccines aren't like antibiotics. You don't have to finish a series if you don't want to. And there's nothing stating you'll have to get the entire series over if you decide to stop vaccinations. There are MANY of us on here with partially vaxxed children, most of us stopped in the middle of a series.

Whoever gave you that information is incorrect. You may stop vaxxing AT ANY TIME.
#67 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2anangel View Post
If he does not get it soon, he'll need to get the whole set over again.
He does NOT need to get ANY shots (esp. all over again)...
#68 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 View Post
Whoever gave you that information is incorrect. You may stop vaxxing AT ANY TIME.
:
#69 of 120 Old 01-17-2008, 06:27 PM

Fully vaxed DD1 up to kindy boosters. DD2 vaxed until 15 months. DD3 is totally unvaxed. I am forever thankful that my two older girls appear to have very little (dd2) to no (dd1) damage from my poor choices.
#70 of 120 Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
I SOOOOO wish someone educated me BEFORE my son got the shots...
I wish I would've been open to someone educating me, I guess is what I was trying to say. I just look back at my surroundings and knowledge and I just don't know if I would've been open to it at the time. Everyone around me I knew vaxed, and like many others I thought that was just what was done. I never questioned it b/c I had no reason to. I trusted people.

I think that is why mothering is good...we are not only a support network for one another, but the more moms that find other moms who question the way things are and stand up for what they believe is right is empowering to other moms. If I didn't meet moms who breastfed, didn't vax, cloth diapered...etc...I'm not sure I would have done/not done any of those things. It helps to actually know someone to get you thinking about why, KWIM?
#71 of 120 Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2anangel View Post
I've vaxed DS since he was born and regret it. His last dr's appt he has had no vaxes. Our new dr (who practices holistic medicine) is very supportive, but he does need to go in soon to get one last shot from a set he has had. If he does not get it soon, he'll need to get the whole set over again. Thankfully he's never gotten any flu shots!

OMG!!! No. NO. NOOOOO!

Even the vax companies say that immunity would/should have been conferred in a majority of the population with the first shot and the second should have caught the rest. The third (or fourth or whatever) is just to catch even more

They will also recommend boosters after this "set" years down the road. That's how they rake in the money and how they attempt to put the blame on YOU, the mother, when the vax doesn't work. If it wasn't the WHOLE SET and FULLY VAXED then it was not getting the proper BOOSTER in the PROPER TIME.

It's a never ending cycle and just as other posters said, it's NOT antibiotics. Read THEIR inserts and the CDC Pink Pages to understand (if you dare) how this works.

Please stop mama. You don't wanna do it so DON'T!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#72 of 120 Old 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM

:
#73 of 120 Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I deeply regret vaxing my eldest DD. But I did what I thought was best at the time.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#74 of 120 Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 AM

Mom of a fully vaxed 5 yr old ds and partially vaxed 2.5 yr old ds and a dd who has never been touched by a needle checking in here. I wish I would have followed my mommy gut when i was vaccinating my other two (it never felt right) NO MORE NEEDLES!
#75 of 120 Old 01-19-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macimom View Post
Add me to the list...vaxed my DD, partially vaxed my DS and then became aware enough to not vax my youngest, a decision I definitely don't regret. However, I will forever feel guilty about vaxing my other two...I just didn't know better at the time.

Kim
:

You wrote mine for me.
#76 of 120 Old 02-11-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

bump
#77 of 120 Old 03-16-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

bump
#78 of 120 Old 03-16-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgansMom View Post
What can I do to make my baby girl healthy again???????????? ughhh
Hey Morgansmom! I came upon a link in a mama's sig that I found incredibly inspirational and thought you may find helpful. The web page is Finding Kate Foundation. Annikate is the mama's name. There is hope! This family is proof!!
#79 of 120 Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherearthdancer View Post
I wish I would've been open to someone educating me, I guess is what I was trying to say. I just look back at my surroundings and knowledge and I just don't know if I would've been open to it at the time. Everyone around me I knew vaxed, and like many others I thought that was just what was done. I never questioned it b/c I had no reason to. I trusted people.

I think that is why mothering is good...we are not only a support network for one another, but the more moms that find other moms who question the way things are and stand up for what they believe is right is empowering to other moms. If I didn't meet moms who breastfed, didn't vax, cloth diapered...etc...I'm not sure I would have done/not done any of those things. It helps to actually know someone to get you thinking about why, KWIM?
: I really wasn't in a place in my life when I would have been open to not vaxing. I had to have a major paradigm shift first, that of believing that the body is JUST FINE without ANY sort of modification. DS was vaxed through 18 months, and DD through 6 months. And now I'll never know if DS's speech delay and other issues are at all related. And why why why did I get DD's 6 month shots after she screamed for days with her 4 month shots? I'd already begun to question... It's done, and it won't be done again under my watch.
#80 of 120 Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM

My boy was vaccinated up til he was one yrs old . I was asking questions when he was going to get his 2 wk shots when he was going to get on the plane it was not the right vaccine webpage if I would have seen the vaccine webpage with all the posions in it definetly would have scared me of doing that and if my ex said he was unvaxed but he didn't til it was done and i was complaining how pushy my mom was on this
#81 of 120 Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 PM

I totally regret vaccinating my DD until 15 months. She developed eczema over her injections spots at 6 months. She now has severe eczema and has many allergies. I feel this was in part caused by vaccinations. DD2 is not vaccinated at this point, and pretty sure she won't ever be.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#82 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 AM

I have NOT vaxed my child, but I literally decided THE DAY OF his 2 month shots to just skip them. "For now..." was what I said to myself. "We can always get them in a couple weeks, or a couple months."

Later I find out that he has multiple characteristics and family histories that are contraindications to the DTaP. Multiple. He would have been one of those children who, if given the vax, had a definitely higher chance of reaction -- severe reaction.

So while I don't exactly belong in this thread, I didn't exactly make my initial decision very thoughtfully -- I went on gut feeling. It really could have gone either way for me. Thank goodness I "chickened out" in going to the clinic that day...
#83 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM

I definitely regret vaxing DD the one time. She got the round of 2-month shots, which I am positive overloaded her immune system and triggered some very severe food allergies.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#84 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 03:33 PM

2 reactions, partially vaxed son, didn't realize at the time but i switched peds at 4 months and 2nd doc revaxed what the other doc already vaxed for...then i started reading...NEVER EVER AGAIN
I AM UTTERLY SICKENED BY WHAT THESE PEDS DID...

after i think about some comments made to me by the docs through this ordeal, i realise there were some problems they so subtley were acknowledging...one doctor wouldn't do the multi vaccine, but wouldn't tell me why, another wouldn't acknowledge my sons vaccine reaction<---my son looked like he had a disease...his skin was covered in a swollen red rash and he cried like he was being terrorized for weeks.
angry
THIS IS OBSCENCE....i don't want to be injected with forgein DNA, STEM CELLS from some aborted fetus, or animal DNA or protein, latex, etc etc....

I would never subject my child to see a PED again, they all have this DR MOREAU MENTALITY, it's disgusting

i have an outstanding doctor(MD) with a great medical staff and outstanding office personel...was very hard to find but with persistence you can find them
#85 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbubble View Post
2 reactions, partially vaxed son, didn't realize at the time but i switched peds at 4 months and 2nd doc revaxed what the other doc already vaxed for...then i started reading...NEVER EVER AGAIN
I AM UTTERLY SICKENED BY WHAT THESE PEDS DID...

after i think about some comments made to me by the docs through this ordeal, i realise there were some problems they so subtley were acknowledging...one doctor wouldn't do the multi vaccine, but wouldn't tell me why, another wouldn't acknowledge my sons vaccine reaction<---my son looked like he had a disease...his skin was covered in a swollen red rash and he cried like he was being terrorized for weeks.
angry
THIS IS OBSCENCE....i don't want to be injected with forgein DNA, STEM CELLS from some aborted fetus, or animal DNA or protein, latex, etc etc....

I would never subject my child to see a PED again, they all have this DR MOREAU MENTALITY, it's disgusting

i have an outstanding doctor(MD) with a great medical staff and outstanding office personel...was very hard to find but with persistence you can find them

We also have a ped who is MD but with a holistic approach. He actually gives talks about the dangers of vaccines.

So sorry about your little one, mama .
#86 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Vaxxed DS with Hep B at birth, and he had 2 month shots and 4 month shots. I hate myself for it every day. He will never receive anymore every again until he is old enough to make the desicion himself. And his brother on the way will be getting NONE!
#87 of 120 Old 07-10-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Vaxxed DS with Hep B at birth, and he had 2 month shots and 4 month shots. I hate myself for it every day. He will never receive anymore every again until he is old enough to make the desicion himself. And his brother on the way will be getting NONE!
Congrats on your pregnancy, mama!

just wanted to ask if you had a chance to look into circ? there is alot to know about the subject as well...
#88 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 12:09 AM

Yes,yes,and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I deeply regret vaxing my precious DD. When I was young and stupid, she received NINE at once-she was only 13 mos old. The single biggest regret of my life,follwed by my hysterectomy.

She was a perfectly,healthy baby until then. She had earlier vaxes,but was still healthy-until that day. w/i a week,she got sick,and stayed sick with one thing after another. Eventually,dxed of reactive airway disease,asthma,sensory integration disorder,allergies,and now anxiety and panic disorder.

DS is unvaxed-and will remain so,as long as I am living,and someone reads my will!!!

DD will NEVER,EVER receive another shot-over my dead body. Period.

That is the ONE topic I would be willing to lie about....and I don't say that lightly,as I view lying as a sin.

mp
#89 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 AM

DD was vaxed up until around 12 months, I think. Then (luckily!) I just kept putting her appointments off. I remember feeling guilty she was behind on the vax schedule. Hah! A little while later I was introduced to the idea of not vaxing/vaxes being harmful. I thought it was insane at first, but I started to research and never looked back.

DS had the vit. K. and Hep B at birth, he wasn't supposed to get it but they did it when they had him out of the room (if on the extremely rare chance I ever have to birth in a hosp. again, my baby will NEVER again be out of my site) and I couldn't do anything about it since it was a military hospital.

My upcoming LO will not get any vaxes.

I really regret my children ever getting any of this nastiness put into them. I sometimes wonder if they'd be any different had they never been vaxed at all. I try not to dwell on it, cause then I just feel worse. But I can't help but wonder if some of their issues or behavioral problems could be linked to the vaxes they did get.
#90 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM

DD1 was fully vaxed until she was 15 months and I would never do it again! DD2 has had none I'm so glad to know what I do now with dd2 and any future children.

:::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page