If you regret vaccinating your child, please post here. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I totally regret fully vaccinating ds1 who is 16 now and ds2 fully vaxed til about age 7, he has sensory intergration dysfunction and auditory processing disorder ;0(, WE don't know if this is related to the vaxes but they wouldn't tell you if they did know right Our ds3 was vaxed til about age 3 and now our dd4 (vax Free~HOme Grown) and ds5 we only let them give him the Vitamin K shot as my husband worried me into that one and I knew better is the thing! I read all about the 10 year study and them linking it to childhood luekemia. But we as parents try to do all we can do to armor ourselves but I just hate it when we have the armor and give in to those dr's and dear husbands that think they know best.: I now tell everyone I come into contact that they need to study about the vax's to make an informed decision and I refer them to The Vaccine Guide Risks and benefits for children and adults by Randall Neustaedter OMD. What a great resource!
#92 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 AM

I definitely wish there was a rewind button, but I try not to dwell on it, as I would not have vaccinated knowing what I know now.

DS1 was vaccinated until 2 or so. He was given Hep B and the Vitamin K without my knowledge at birth, and I did vaccinate him on schedule as well even though he had pretty bad eczema and a seizure. I just hadn't connected the dots yet, sadly. He also has allergies, forgot to mention that. I am so glad I made the decision to stop.

DS2 has not been vaccinated at all and did not receive vitamin K either.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#93 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 05:02 AM

My oldest, Jake, was vaxed. 3 doses (3mo, 5mo, 8mo) and he didn't get the whole shebang- we skipped some. He was born a high needs kid- I had a really rough pregnancy (bedrest for 4months- contractions 6-8 an hour the whole time. Mag, Trebutaline, steroids, 2 hospital stays, one very long ambulance ride to a level 3 nursery hospital- and then he was induced at 39weeks) and he was a screamer, very super clingy. I doubted vaxes from the get go. I put them off because he was so...sickly- he had a cold for the first 3 months of his life. First shots he ran a fever for 7 days, he developed eczma, he broke out in hives and he SCREAMED. OH MY GOD- The SCREAMING. I can still hear it- OVER and OVER and OVER in my head when I think about vaxes. Then at the 5mo shots again- fever for over 7 days, screaming, his eczma doubled, screaming. Then he became "velcro boy" as in i COULDN'T put him down. His body wouldn't allow for it. The last set was the scarriest in my whole life. He IMMEDIATELY broke out in a red/hive like rash from head to toe. He spiked a 104 fever (mind you we run low like 96 or 97) and screamed again for the first few hours. THEN- NOTHING. No screaming, talking, laughing, and his body went FLAT and HARD like a piece of plywood. Really. He turned his head to the left and his beautiful sparkly eyes, the expressive eyes that told you everything you needed to know about him- they were dead. There was no life in him- the lights were extinguished. This lasted for a few days- however he was never to be the same. My Jakey boy is not autistic- however I and DH honestly feel that he ALMOST was. He has serious sensory issues. When he learned to walk he would walk in a circle FOR HOURS. Like around your coffee table- but with no table. He would just walk. Play in his head and walk. I was so scared. His clingy-ness hasn't changed. I can usually pee with out him, but you never know.

Had I been educated before? NO FRICKEN WAY. I found mothering by chance- looking for cloth diapers (we were broke and he had serious eczma and rashes) and the first issue was about vacciene's and the side effects. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU could be EXEMPT. I thought YOU HAD to have them. All the medical community made me feel like it was MANDATORY and that CPS would be called if I refused. Now I know better. Unfortunately his reactions were never filed with the vacciene injury board- all the MD's said that his reactions were "expected" and blew me off.

I have 4 kids, and Jake was the only one that had any shots- all the other kids all have been pretty healthy- little allergies and eczma and colds and asthma- but no major issues KWIM?

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

#94 of 120 Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 AM

I regret vaxing ds1. I waited until 6 months, and he only had those ones, but he was never quite the same after. She told me since I hadn't had him vaxed yet she'd 'catch him up'. To this day I have no idea what that meant. Ds1 has been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, impulse control disorder & hyperactivity. His 3 year old (unvaxed) brother has more self-control & emotional maturity I have no idea what to do to help him.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#95 of 120 Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Today I once more read in Dr. Mercola's news letter about the damage created by vaccines and once again with new power the grief came over me .
How could I fail my son like that?? Why some people knew before it was too late and I didn't. Why I didn't listen to my gut feeling that was screaming as loud as it possibly could. Why I let Dr. to BS as into vaccinating at our 4months well-being-visit while we were going to delay at least till 6 months and then do a really good research?!

How come I considered myself to be so smart and yet, dumbly allowed my son to get 9 short???

Thanks for letting me vent...
#96 of 120 Old 08-30-2008, 05:05 PM

Every DAY!

I look at my son and am sooo thankful that I didn't go through with his last set! He reacted to every set in some obvious way, Major swelling, severe rashes just after, screaming for hours, loss of eye contact and loss of words when he started talking, and no fever!. Each and every time, I would make a quick trip to his Ped. who said, "I don't know what that rash is, or sometimes there is swelling but it is usually accompanied with fever, and your son has no fever." Me "he is reacting from vaccines...! "Oh no no no, they are so safe... its prob. just something else happening at the same time." We would get him through his reactions, and he would be healthy and happy until we walked in the Dr.s office... and then his last set I allowed him to have...

Seizures! I didn't get any more, and my son pulled through it! I have no doubt one more set and he would have been to a Dr. another number added to this unknown cause of autism.

I wish I would have listened to my instincts, I knew from day one it wasn't good, and I decided doctor must know best... well I learned science will never explain away truth of a mothers instinct, ask any nurse who has been in the field a long time, and who is a mother!

I will never again vaccinate my children, and they WILL be taught why they shouldn't vaccinate theirs, from there I have faith they can make a educated decision, and hopefully WILL NOT vaccinate either!
#97 of 120 Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 PM

As someone with Stage 4 cancer who's been pondering my mortality a lot lately, I've been into not harboring regrets about my choices, but that's a semantic issue in this case.

I do wish I'd started learning more about this issue before my first son was born so I could have gone into his first well-baby visits with a well-formed plan. Instead, I felt like I was being tugged between what I was reading on these boards and other places versus what our doctor was telling us. I felt miserably uninformed and pressured. As a result, I allowed him to have more shots than I was comfortable with early on, especially when he was two and four months old.

Now, although I still haven't figured out a complete plan of action for the rest of his vaccinations, I don't feel like I'm in a big hurry, and I've given myself permission to hold off as long as it takes for me to learn and feel comfortable. I feel easier about being assertive with our pediatrician, too. And we've started our second son off on a much slower pace.
#98 of 120 Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by junomama View Post
As someone with Stage 4 cancer who's been pondering my mortality a lot lately, I've been into not harboring regrets about my choices, but that's a semantic issue in this case.

and a lot of healing
#99 of 120 Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post

and a lot of healing
Thank you - I need that!
#100 of 120 Old 08-31-2008, 05:05 AM

Definately don't harbor regrets!!! HUGSSSSS Junomama, Sending you Love and Peace, and Healing!

I think about it everyday with more of a reality and thankfulness for the knowlegde this experience brought. Regret is a hard one, I think you can regret something with forgiveness. And heal because you remember and yes regret, but have complete forgiveness within yourself for both yourself, and those around you that didn't bring you to that knowlege, no matter the situation! Also not harboring emotions to those who don't come to the same conclusion as you is a biggie as well... I wish they could just see... see what I mean?

I don't believe regret is always a neg. because it causes one to have a passion to save others the same fate If I had only known, becomes.. but I didn't, so how can I change the life of another in a possitive way, and give a knowledge to someone else that I wish I had at the time of choice, to save another?

With that said...

Again yes I do regret vaccinating my son, but with eyes wide open, and forgiveness in self!

Thank you Junomama for reminding myself and others how precious life is!
#101 of 120 Old 08-31-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
Today I once more read in Dr. Mercola's news letter about the damage created by vaccines and once again with new power the grief came over me .
How could I fail my son like that?? Why some people knew before it was too late and I didn't. Why I didn't listen to my gut feeling that was screaming as loud as it possibly could. Why I let Dr. to BS as into vaccinating at our 4months well-being-visit while we were going to delay at least till 6 months and then do a really good research?!

How come I considered myself to be so smart and yet, dumbly allowed my son to get 9 short???

Thanks for letting me vent...
I know how you feel mama. I feel this everyday. Not about vaxes but about circ.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#102 of 120 Old 09-01-2008, 01:55 AM

My ds received his 2 and 4 month shots, and that is when I became aware of the controversy, started doing research, and said NO MORE. He is now 27 months old. I don't think his immune system was compromised at all but I still regret it. Almost as much as I regret his circumcision.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#103 of 120 Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
I know how you feel mama. I feel this everyday. Not about vaxes but about circ.
#104 of 120 Old 09-03-2008, 01:47 PM

I kept vaccinating my older son until he was in Junior high...I didn't start the HEP B series until then and stopped after the first one...Yes, I wish I had never vaxed my DS. He is now 19 years old...Very smart but has had depression since he was a little, little boy. Perhaps that was associated to the vaxing. I don't know. Nonetheless, I wish I hadn't injected him with any of those poisons...I was just too lazy or dumb to do research! Thankfully, my eight year old DS has never been vaxed! He is get a TB test...and like an idiot I did it when he had a cold. It made it MUCH worse. I should have known!

Thanks for the discussions. I got a lot of my knowledge from all of you!

Best wishes.
:
#105 of 120 Old 09-03-2008, 03:25 PM

DD1 was vaxed up until she was 18 months (technically fully vaxed since after 18 mos she is not due until she's 5yo). DD2 got her shots up to her 12mo check up. None for either since, and no more coming.

DD1, as a baby, honestly never ever ever cried. Not when she was hungry. Not when she was tired. Not when her diaper needed changing. Not when her blood was drawn, not when she got shots. Never. Until she got her 6mo DTaP and screamed for days. The doctor refused to acknowledge it as a vax reaction, and like an idiot I kept vaxing her. I know that her personality changed as a result of the DTap. She has "issues" now. My gut says that she is vaccine-injured.

I stopped taking DD2 to WBV after her 12 mo WBV, tired of getting parenting advice and scared that I would be told to wean or supplement (she's super tiny) and hence stopped vaxxing. Then decided not to start up again.

Wife to DH and mama to DD(7) blahblah.gifand DD(5) moon.gif...Lola the Wiener Dog dog2.gif, Faulkner the Little Giant dog2.gif, Ginger the Wonder Cat cat.gif,  Azkaban the blue parakeet, Sunny the yellow parakeet, 3 nameless hermit crabs, and a whole bunch of fish!

#106 of 120 Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 PM

I regret it. My two older children are fully vaxed (through Kindergarten that is) and they were vaxed when the murcury was at its highest (well, I think it was at its highest--am I accurate?) in the mid 90's.

My 15 year old son definitely has some vaccine injury. I'm certain it's from the vaccines although I know I'd be told that it's his "personality" or some other reason. One problem is stuttering (not all the time, but at certain times). He's always struggled with this off and on. I am 100% convinced it's vaccine related. There are other little things as well that I truly believe would not be there if I hadn't vaxed him.

My 12 year old daughter doesn't appear to have any vaccine injury (that's obvious to me), but what got me was when she was 2 and had been exposed to cp. I told the doc. at her 2 year appt. that she had definitely been exposed and he said, "Oh, she can still get the vaccine. It will actually help her to have a very mild case." Umm. no. The poor girl had a very, very severe case (but wow, was she a trooper!). I called and asked again if getting the vax on top of being exposed could make them so bad and they said, "Oh, definitely not. If anything it would have made them more mild." LIARS!

I don't vax anymore and I have two little ones with another on the way.
#107 of 120 Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM

I fully vaxed my DD and partially (but, mostly) vaxed my DS and I have regretted it everyday since. If I had found MDC earlier, I know I would have had the courage and knowledge to say no. I have chosen not to vax my youngest, who is 2, and have not had one regret.

I'm so thankful for all the Mamas here at MDC and everything I have learned since joining...I just wish I had been here nine years ago.
#108 of 120 Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebabies View Post
I regret it. My two older children are fully vaxed (through Kindergarten that is) and they were vaxed when the murcury was at its highest (well, I think it was at its highest--am I accurate?) in the mid 90's.
I would think mid to late 90's, and most likely the worst being around 1996-1999.

When my 3rd child was born in 1995, they were just beginning to recommend the hib vax, our dr didn't even have the VIS yet, I was given a hand typed sheet that basically stated this vaccine was being recommended for children in daycare. Hep B (and one of the most dangerous vaccines in my personal opinion) wasn't recommended until 1999, (in my state)...so I would think the babies born in the latter part of the 90's got the worst of it, and it's certainly obvious to me in my 9 year old.
#109 of 120 Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 PM

My oldest was up to date until 2, my 2nd was vaxed at birth (against my written wishes) and at 4 months with the second round and my other two aren't vaxed.There were reactions after the vaxes(crying and crying and then strange silence and rashes spreading out from the injection sites) but these were written off as normal or not related.My oldest two now deal with eczema that I'm told is in control by the Drs and given Benadryl,Claritin and hydrocortisone to cope with it.It's permanent open sores on their bodies and I worry about worse things getting in through those sites.My oldest son was scratching so much at school that the teacher had to stop class to help him and then the whole class wanted to see.He was so embarrassed, he cried and wants to wear long sleeves here in the tropics.I can't help but compare how the younger two are rash free and never had a vax and the older two have most likely life long eczema thanks to my faith in a Dr's word and advice.It doesn't help to see the argument thrown out from time to time that its a small price to pay for society and to have my very unhappy child.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#110 of 120 Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
My oldest was up to date until 2, my 2nd was vaxed at birth (against my written wishes) and at 4 months with the second round and my other two aren't vaxed.There were reactions after the vaxes(crying and crying and then strange silence and rashes spreading out from the injection sites) but these were written off as normal or not related.My oldest two now deal with eczema that I'm told is in control by the Drs and given Benadryl,Claritin and hydrocortisone to cope with it.It's permanent open sores on their bodies and I worry about worse things getting in through those sites.My oldest son was scratching so much at school that the teacher had to stop class to help him and then the whole class wanted to see.He was so embarrassed, he cried and wants to wear long sleeves here in the tropics.I can't help but compare how the younger two are rash free and never had a vax and the older two have most likely life long eczema thanks to my faith in a Dr's word and advice.It doesn't help to see the argument thrown out from time to time that its a small price to pay for society and to have my very unhappy child.
Totally off-topic (sorry), but have you looked into food allergies for them? They are often triggered by vaccines, and are the most common reason for eczema in children. Check out my blog for more info.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#111 of 120 Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Totally off-topic (sorry), but have you looked into food allergies for them? They are often triggered by vaccines, and are the most common reason for eczema in children. Check out my blog for more info.
Thank you for the info.I have found that dairy (especially conventional) and eggs need to be limited or eliminated and the older one is really really allergic to most of the common cheap name brand detergents.I know if someone around him has been using them by looking at his skin.
I do wish that my oldest hadn't gotten the Chicken pox vax, it was given against my permission and when the kids got it his was the worst case and took the longest to heal and he was the only one vaxed.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#112 of 120 Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramama View Post
DD1, as a baby, honestly never ever ever cried. Not when she was hungry. Not when she was tired. Not when her diaper needed changing. Not when her blood was drawn, not when she got shots. Never. Until she got her 6mo DTaP and screamed for days. The doctor refused to acknowledge it as a vax reaction, and like an idiot I kept vaxing her. I know that her personality changed as a result of the DTap. She has "issues" now. My gut says that she is vaccine-injured.
That sounds exactly like my ds.
#113 of 120 Old 09-06-2008, 05:27 PM

I am a mama to a fully vaxed kid and two partially vaxed ones. Any future kids will be vax free.
I don't really regret vaxing my DD. As far as I can tell she isn't hurt by them and I fully thought I was doing to right thing at the time.
I do regret vaxing my DS and the two rounds that my DD2 got. I didn't want to vax them and let myself be talked into it. I don't think any harm was done to them either, but I still hate it. I was so terrified to take DS in for his 2 year old shots. I was so scared that they would change him/his personality like I had heard of. Thankfully, that didn't happen. He did get hives though.

I wanted to add that by pure luck DD didn't get the hep b shot as a newborn. They forgot to do it. lol Once I had DS I knew I wanted to wait on that one (boy did that bug the health department that we go the shots at) and so all three of my kids had that first one delayed until 2 months.

Leigh

#114 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

bump
#115 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Mom to 8 month old partially vaxxed DD. Deeply regret ever vaccinating, and no longer do.
#116 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 PM

This would make a great sticky.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#117 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 04:04 PM

I agree with the sticky suggestion. Mother to two boys. First fully vaccinated until 12 months and deeply regret it. Second son never been vaccinated.
#118 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayOwens View Post
I regret vaxing my older DD -- especially that we fell behind and then had to load her up to get her "caught up." They made me feel like it was THE LAW and I had no choice. Grrrr. I thought it caused her speech delay. Then along comes DD2 and she is totally unvaxed, and also has a speech delay and the only person in our family who has eczema. So go figure.

But if I could do things over with #1 I wouldn't vax and I would BF longer. DD2 is 2.5 and still nursing.

-Vijay
Update: DD#1 who was partially vaxed is healthy as a horse (but a small one, lol) and can eat anything, has no skin issues, and is a totally typical kid. She caught up on her speech delay almost overnight at age 3 with almost no interventions.

DD#2 who has never had a shot is autistic, is 3.5 and talks at about an 18month level, and has a wicked dairy sensitivity. So go figure.

Still wouldn't vax if we have a third. My ped is still trying to get me to vax my autistic 3 year old saying, "See? Vaccines didn't cause her autism, therefore they must be safe." Um, still not going to do it.

-Vijay
#119 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 04:44 PM

Count me in. I gave birth to DS in Kenya, and he was vaxed for Hep B and TB the day we left the hospital. I deeply wish I had known better. He got all three rounds of the major vaxes before I stopped.

DD is not vaxed at all and never will be -- even though we still live in Africa. I think I'm more scared of the vaccines that the diseases themselves.

42-year-old mama to DS (5) and DD (3)
#120 of 120 Old 11-28-2008, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
She got the first set of 2 month shots and i instantly regretted it. I felt like such a babd mom as she wailed in her sleep for 3 nights. I will never do that again.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page