If you regret vaccinating your child, please post here. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I was just thinking that it would be a great idea to have this sticky. On The Case Against Circumcision forum there is a very powerful sticky-thread If you regret circumcising your son(s), please post here. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=112410 .

I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to do the same thing here.

I could be the first poster of my regret story. What do you guys think?
yulia.
#2 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM

Mom to two vax-impaired children who regrets vaxing, checking in.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#3 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM

mom to one partially vaxed DS and 2 non-vaxed (DS#2/DD) kiddos here!
#4 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
One partially vaxed ds, two unvaxed dd's. My ds is possibly vaccine damaged. No way to know for sure at this point. We're still in the investigation stage. I wish I'd found MDC while I was pregnant with him. Just reading here would have encouraged me to be less of a sheeple. If I had, maybe I wouldn't regret the vaxes, the circ, and the c/s.
#5 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:02 PM

Regret vaxing my oldest daughter every single day of my life. We are a vaccine free family now and it feels right.
#6 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:18 PM

I definitely regret the shots. My 4 year old son has autism and I believe this was caused in part by the vaccines
#7 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:29 PM

My daughter is 2 years old, she got the recommended shots at 2 months and I have regretted it since then. She never got any more after that. I do not think she was injured, which I am very thankful for but I still deeply regret it.
#8 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM

I completely regret fully vaccinating my daughter and partially vaccinating my first son.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#9 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:45 PM

i am a regretful mom of a Vaxxed to one year 3yo DD and a fully unvaxxed 5mo dd.(that i DONT regret!)
dd1 has had issues with asthma, eczema, weight, gastro issues, and food sensitivities.
her eczema started after her 4mo shots.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#10 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 PM

Mom of a nearly fully vax'd 13yo dd and two partially vax'd dd's (1 & 2 yo). 2yo speech delayed due to chronic ear infections after severe vax reaction (DTaP scream for 2 1/2 days w/ 103 fever)

I regret it and wonder if the vax's contributed to my 13 and 1yo's Celiac Disease

Army wife and sahm to: Aime(20), Jordan(17, birthmom), Morganne(16), Sami(5), Kasi(4), Madi(1)
#11 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 02:58 PM

My son was almost fully vaxxed up to 12 months before I stopped when I did research on the MMR and found out I shouldnt have done any of them. This baby will not be vaxxed at all but I feel horribly guilty about doing it to ds
#12 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 03:39 PM

My poor daughter (age 6) was fully vaxxed up until age 5-
My first son was selectively vaxxed up until age 2- but he still got a lot of shots~ I regret constantly that I had them vaxxed. I didn't know then what I do now. I am constantly worried that I did them harm that is just not apparant right now. I am angry how misled I was, and that I didn't research enough before doing the shots.
My baby (11 months) has never received any shots.
#13 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 03:48 PM

My oldest was fully vaxed until he was 5. My second got all the vaxes through the 12 month ones and hasn't had any since. Both my boys have issues with allergies, ear infections, constant sickness. My oldest is on daily asthma/allergy meds.
#14 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 04:09 PM

Yes, I regret vaxing my two older children. DS1 was fully vaxed at his 2-month WBV, then partially vaxed after that. DD was partially vaxed until 4 months old, then no more vaxes. DS2 has had no vaxes.

DS1 had DTaP scream & febrile seizure after the first dose of DTaP. I'm wondering lately if he may be on the autism spectrum. DD has had no issues, thank God.
#15 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Mom to a partially-vaxed 5 yr old (who thankfully doesn't seem to have any adverse effects from the vaxes he did receive), and a non-vaxed 3 yr old (I chose not to vax him before I even knew about all the vax problems - he's just different and I intuitively felt that vaccinations would cause him serious problems).
#16 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Mom to 17mo partially vaxd daughter, She was a fully healthy baby her 1st year- didn't even get a cold... Then Roseola at 12mo brought on her first febrile seizure... Then after her 15mo shots another illness(upper respiratory)with fever brought another febrile seizure, this one longer than the first. Then at 17mo pneumonia struck and fever shot up- once again another seizure- this time 6min, lips turned blue. Later that evening couldn't get temp under control, she seized again for a couple seconds while checking in at the ER.
I will NOT be giving her any more vac's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have an appointment for an EEG then a consult with a neurologist.
From research I have done, HepB vac gives you Herpes Virus6(Roseola) which can cause febrile seizures, any other immune debilitating vacs can re-activate the herpes, Febrile Seizures are additive- meaning your chances of having one increase each time you have one, Febrile Seizure can lead to Epilepsy which then leads to Autism. Also, once you have had a seizure you are more prone to pneumonia.
What can I do to make my baby girl healthy again???????????? ughhh
Also- doc's keep telling me that because she entered daycare at 12mo is why she's been so sick...
#17 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APMomOfKimmyN-Maya View Post
Regret vaxing my oldest daughter every single day of my life..
Same here .

My son (our first child) has received 9 shots total (3 sets of DTaP, HIB and PCV at 4, 6 and 8 months of age). I regret it every. single. day! I wish I knew better, I wish I read and researched more, I wish I trusted my instincts, I wish I could go back and say a big fat "NO" when the doctor was BS-ing us into vaccinating. I wish, I wish, I wish...

Before the first set of vaccines our baby was so calm, when he would wake up at night he wouldn’t even cry (not that he had a reason to, we co-sleep, so his boobie was always right there for him).

After receiving the first set of shots he was screaming for few hours and we just couldn't calm him down. Then he fell asleep for 6 hours straight (which was extremely unusual for him). Few days later he had his first outbreak of eczema. He had never been quite as calm any more as he has before the shots. He would wake up at night crying alot.

After his 6 months shots (just two days after) he came down with a HORRIBLE flu (his first illness, he was a healthy baby before that) and had another pretty bad outbreak of eczema.

8 months shots. An AWFUL outbreak of eczema that lasted for over 3 months. His immune system got so bad by then (no wonder 9 shots in 4 months:) that he would get cold/flu after cold/flu.

That's when we found out more about vaccines and stopped.

My daughter has never had a shot and is not going to. It’s amazing how much better her immune system is!
Our kids will receive any more vaccines only over my and dh's dead bodies! Never again!
yulia.
#18 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Mom to DD 12 fully vaxed, 2 DS 7&9 both partially vaxed, DD 16m no vaxes....if only I knew then what I know now, I would have NEVER vaxed my children. As a victim of a severe adr from pharmacticals, I KNOW what a cover up it really is...I KNOW what less than 1% really means. I was kicked to the curb by our "healthcare" industry....left to suffer and die...NO WAY!
#19 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM

mama to one partially vaxed DD. I also deeply regret it. She has breath holding spells which have resulted in two seizures and I believe it is partly due to vaccines.
#20 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:50 PM

My girls were fully vaxed until age one (including roto and flu) when I was researching the chicken pox vaccine and discovered that I wasn't crazy to question vaccinations. At least not completely crazy, right?

I did the best that I could at the time with the knowledge I possessed. I'm very grateful that there was no obvious vaccine damage.
#21 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Regret vaxing Ds, stopped after 12mo shots, we believe his Celiac is connected with his 2mo shots. We will not vax another baby.
#22 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 PM

I belong here! My oldest 2 are fully vaxed, except chicken pox. My third had vaxes until nearly a yr. old - my fourth is 100% vax free, as the next will be. I do believe DS2 has issues due to both vaxes, flouride, and - other stuff.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#23 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Regretting the vaccines my grandson got up to the age of 15 mo. because we really don't know what the long term ramifications of those injections are going to be.

We have two more completely vaccine/abx free grandsons. All three are intact - no circumcisions here.

Wish we would have research vaccines in the same way we informed ourselves about circumcisions.
#24 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Have one DS and he was fully vaxed through the 4 month appt. I totally regret the vaxes...and regret most the 4 month appt because I let the ped strong arm me even though I knew better!

When more DC come along ~ you can bet they will be VAX FREE!

Wife to DH (06/09/01), Mother to DS coolshine.gif (04/10/06) saynovax.gif and rescuer of dachshunds ~ and joy.gifthat our rainbow1284.gif arrived (06/10/11) safe and sound. Love cd.gif our little one ~ and lactivist.gif

#25 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 PM

I regret vaxing both my kids so much. Dd was totally vaxed up to school age but didnt get the boosters. Her eczema, ashtma and major allergies all can be traced back to her vax.

Ds was vaxed up to 4months because I still hadnt found here and learned I could refuse I will always regret the things I allowed to be injected into my children. And I will always be angry that I was never informed that I had a choice.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#26 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 PM

my DD is vax free since her 2 month round of shots. I regret it horribly. She doesn't "seem" damaged so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I plan on trying to make it up to her by doing whatever I can to keep her healthy through good nutrition, etc.
#27 of 120 Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 PM

would that i could go back...

dd1 was vaxed through 15 mos (except i declined the hepB at birth). before a trip to india at 30 mos, i unfortunately allowed her to have hep A vax. she has food allergies, eczema and behavioral issues.

dd2 is not vaxed.

my signature is usually illegible
#28 of 120 Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 AM

I regret vaccinating my older child. He had all the vaccines on schedule up until 18 months. If I could go back, I'd change it. My youngest is un-vaccinated.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#29 of 120 Old 01-11-2008, 02:59 AM

I deeply regret having vaxed my first child (ds) up until 18 months or maybe 2 yrs old. I don't remember exactly when he got his last vax (too lazy to look it up right now), but it's been several years now. I detest my pharmacy education for creating a blind faith in vaxes and providing absolutely no information regarding vax-related ADRs. This seriously impaired my ability to question vaxes, as opposed to other unnecessary birth and pediatric interventions.

I am annoyed at the hospital staff who gave my son his fist shot of HepB without my explicit permission, although I wasn't concerned about it at the time, due to ignorance on this issue.

I despise our first ped for dismissing my concern about my ds's reaction to his first shot of HIB at 2 months of age. He had a fever, redness and inflammationg at the injection site and was crying unconsolably(even breastfeeding wouldn't calm him down). The ped said this reaction was "normal". I bet he didn't even report it as a VAE. And he mentioned nothing about possibly avoding HIB shots in the future.

When did I begin to question vaxing? Maybe it all started when ds received his first round of shots at the ped's office. After spending some time interacting nicely with the doctor, smiling and making baby noises, he cried out in protest and anger upon receiving the first shot. He cried even louder after the second shot. I can still remember the look of betrayal in my baby's eyes, as if he couldn't believe that a person who had been treating him so nicely a few moments ago would intentionally hurt him. I remember holding him close while nursing to minimize the pain and wondering why is it that preventative medicine has to be so cruel. Is it really necessary to cause babies so much pain? What if all my ds takes away from this experience is lack of trust in people who are supposed to take care of him? I had a hard time justifying to myself causing my child definite and acute harm now for some supposed future benefit.

I regret that I had dismissed my inner wisdom at that time and contined to vax my son for another 18 months or so. I only attribute it to the fact that I was alone in my concern - not one person mentioned anything negative about vaccines to me. Everyone I knew vaccinated their kids, there was not a single person IRL who held an opposing point of view. I regret not having encountered anyone with a strong alternative opinion on this issue.
#30 of 120 Old 01-11-2008, 02:49 PM

I regret giving consent for the vaccines that were given to four of my five children.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page