Setting up a delayed/Selective Vax Schedule - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 71 Old 12-08-2004, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After doing a lot of reading and reasearch, DH and I have decided to Vax our kids on a selective and delayed schedule, but I'm having a hard time finding information on deciding when it's best to give various vaccines. I'm pretty set on waiting on everything until we're no longer BF, and definately want to do one vax at a time, but beyond that I'd love to hear advice and suggestions about scheduling.

We're interested in vaccinating against Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, diptheria, and are undecided about Hepititis. We'd add chicken pox only if they didn't get a natural infection by adolescence.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 71 Old 12-08-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm also researching delayed/selective schedueling.
I'm curious as to why Polio is on your list, as from all that I've read, the only cases of Polio since 1979 came from the vaccine.

As for general advice, there's some (I can't remember the medical term...I really need to memorize it!) coating that nuerons in the brain develop around age 3 that prevents toxins from causing brain damage...
So I'm thinking maybe 4 years would perhaps be an acceptable age to start, especially since I've never heard (so far) of a child developing regressive autism that old...
Hepatitis might be a good thing to do around adolesence along with CP. The later the better, right? And I'm not thinking my son will be a sexually active drug user at 6, yk?
I'm kind of conflicted about pertussus...it's only really bad when they're very small, but I don't want to give ds any shots while he's that little.
#3 of 71 Old 12-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Polio - the only cases of Polio there are in the Western Hemisphere is from vaccines. We have no other source of polio. And in Africa and India they get their polio from the Oral Polio vaccine. And they more than likely have a childhood paralysis that looks like polio but is caused by pollution, pesticides, starvation...

Measles - is not a disease you have to fear. I had three kids all at once with measles. They get a little grumpy and feverish, rashy and whiny for a while but it is nothing to worry about.

Mumps - again, most kids pass it off without any problems. My kids had mumps and only one out of three had a severe case but we never needed the doctor.

Rubella - girls who don't have rubella naturally can then in the child bearing years run into problems. And if they are vaccinated it will have worn off by them. To revax at that age is dangerous since it is a childhood disease.

diphtheria - is most unlikely that your child will get it. And if he does, he can take antibiotic if it get severe.

Hepatitis B - is a disease that mainly affect prostitutes and drug abusers. I don't think you have to worry about that till the child is about 15. Teach your child to be responsible and never use drugs.

Chicken pox - is in the air. Most kids get immunity without ever showing symptoms. The vaccine in a mature person, after age 14, is not a good idea.

Here is a link to check out
#4 of 71 Old 12-08-2004, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb
As for general advice, there's some coating that nuerons in the brain develop around age 3 that prevents toxins from causing brain damage...
You are talking about myelination. That starts at birth and continues for quite a few years very vigerously and then slows down. If that process is interrupted it can cause all sort of problems such as ADD, delayed speech, hyperactivity, autism...

Quote:
So I'm thinking maybe 4 years would perhaps be an acceptable age to start, especially since I've never heard (so far) of a child developing regressive autism that old...
The oldest child that was perfectly normal and suddenly responded to a vaccine by becoming autistic was 12.

Quote:
Hepatitis might be a good thing to do around adolescence along with CP. The later the better, right? And I'm not thinking my son will be a sexually active drug user at 6, yk?
Are you sure your child can not be convinced to use condoms or be responsible in other ways when he is a teen? It also prevents teen pregnancy which the Hep B will not.
As for CP many kids get immuinty without ever having the disease. It happened to my SIL when he was tested to get into med school.

Quote:
I'm kind of conflicted about pertussis...it's only really bad when they're very small, but I don't want to give ds any shots while he's that little.
Pertussis is linked to SIDS. The pertussis vaccine has been taken totally off the schedule in a lot of European countries. It is a very reactive vaccine. Whooping cough is most dangerous up to the age of 6 months. And especially in children who are not bf.
#5 of 71 Old 12-08-2004, 11:40 PM

We faced this too and I spent a very stressful two months researching everything I could on vaxxes. We are not vaxxing, but I still get nervous. However, the more I read, the more confident I am in not vaxxing. The only one I worry about is pertussis- the disease and the vax. But, if we don't vax, it's unlikely we'll come into contact with it, but if we do, we've just upped our chances quite a bit by Satine getting sick or worse. I am not immune to rubella even though I was vaxxed as a child. My dr. tried to get me to get the shot at Satine's 2 month visist. I declined (just in the middle of researching) and then read in the insert about how the measles can be passed on via breastmilk. I mentioned this to my dr at a follow-up visit (info on vaxxes) and she just mumbled something about how I have to get it soon. I won't be getting it.
Gitti, do you have any sites on the European countries alternative schedule and taking off pertussis? My chiro had said that Japan and France (I think) don't start vaxxing till age 2, but I couldn't find any info online.
Coming here makes me more secure in our decision as I do tend to worry every now and then!
#6 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 12:41 AM

Once again, thanks for the info, Gitti..definitely food for thought.
#7 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbbg
do you have any sites on the European countries alternative schedule and taking off pertussis? My chiro had said that Japan and France (I think) don't start vaxxing till age 2, but I couldn't find any info online.
Don't forget the same forces are in place in Europe and the rest of the world as here in the US.

As for Japan, the government used to discourage parents from vaccinating their children until age two.
But that was reversed when the DPT was changed to the DTaP.

All European countries and Japan have a much more lenient vaccine schedule. They each have recommendations but most do not start till somewhat later and avoid the need for boosters.

Also, vaccines are not as forcefully promoted as here in the US. Schools and jobs don't mandate it. So when a child enters Kindergarten, and he is not vaccinated, the parents simply state it. There is nothing they have to sign, they face no threats, at least that is the way it is in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.

The odd thing is that most European countries have no mandatory vaccines and those that do only have one or two or three and they are each a different vaccine. That shows how political it really is, since each vaccine is the one that is that countries nationality or has the biggest business in that country.
That was proven in Italy, where the politician who mandated a new vaccine was charged with corruption and ties to the pharma. He was jailed but the vaccine was still mandated.

Anyway, a group of Swiss doctors finally came out with an alternate schedule. I think it is more to appease the parents because so many refused to vaccinate at all.

I will look for it and post it. But I must say, I think the most effective vaccine is the one not given.
#8 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 01:09 AM

I just finished reading "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccines" (I may have a word or two off in the title...it may be "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccinations") by Stephanie Cave, M.D. She is a pediatrician who became very alarmed by the # of children she saw with autism, autoimmune disorders, illness, etc., linked to vaccines. Her book is extremely helpful, & she offers some guidance on a modified schedules. It's a very inexpensive book in paperback.

Hope this helps!
#9 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hut's Mom
I just finished reading "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccines"
Hello, and welcome to the board. That is a good book to start out with. It was my very first book on the subject.

May I recommend another? It's by Z. ****** Vaccines - Are they really Safe and Effective?

How old is your child/ren?
#10 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

My reasons for wanting to vax future DC are thus: We travel. A lot. To extremely underdeveloped parts of the globe. In the future, we will be travelling more and likely living in underdeveloped areas because of our work; DH is studying medicine focusing on epidemiology and public health in the third world and I'm a law student emphasising legal development in central asia. So while certian diseases might be eradicated in the US, they are still very much present where we're going -- and good medical care often isn't. So as much as I appreciate the information that certian diseases are eradicated in the US or 'aren't a big deal', I feel like I need to make my judgements based on a different 'worst case scenario' involving a bad case of a disease in a mud hut somewhere in Tuva or Mongolia.

Hut's Mom: Thanks, I'll check that book out.

Hbbg: Pertussis worries me too. I live in South Western Wisconsin, and we were dead in the middle of a pertussis outbreak earlier this year. No deaths, thank god, but quite a few hospitalizations, some of which were vaxed kids and some who weren't. I work in a legal clinic that is a part of the UW hospitals, so I actually saw some of those kids and they were in bad shape!

Gitti: As far as Hepetits B goes, there's a much higher risk in Eastern Europe and Africa that there is here. And while I'm pretty sure that any children that I have (we're TTC, so this is all 'planning ahead' for me) won't be having sex with drug-addicts while they're still young, given the prevalence of risk, I'm still pro-vax on this one. I know that the spectre of AIDS and threats from my parents weren't enough to scare me away from risky sexual and pharmeceutical behavior and I wouldn't be okay with assuming they'd be enough for my kids. But hey, everyone has to make their own decisions -- you read everything you can, and make what you think is the best choice.

KellyB: What you said about Meylination is really interesting, I'll have to look that up... Four sounds a bit late for me, since I'm kind of worried about lacking the antibodies from BF and being without vaccinations, but at this point, who knows... maybe I'll EBF that long!

#11 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather
So while certian diseases might be eradicated in the US, they are still very much present where we're going
But does that put your child in any greater danger?

You are assuming that vaccines work, but what if they don't?

What if they never did and only caused the disease? But the disease does not prevail because of better living standards.

Instead we see vaccine damage all around us, we just don't acknowledge it.

What if the natural child can easily defend himself against childhood diseases because it is a part of our genetic make up to attack those viruses and germs that have been with us for thousands of years?
And what if the child can not defend himself against things we inject
?

Formaldehyde - an embalming fluid and known carcinogen, antifreeze, antibiotics (which should NEVER be injected), mercury which interrupts myelination, or foreign proteins which cause allergies - proven by science?

Quote:
So as much as I appreciate the information that certian diseases are eradicated in the US or 'aren't a big deal',
Your child is in the same body no matter where you travel. It depends on his health, not on the children around him.

You are intelligent. You must know that germs don't cause diseases?
There are germs everywhere; we have a symbiotic relationship with germs. We leave them alone and they leave us alone. They are a part of us.
Only a weakened body can get ill. Concentrate on health. Don't compromise his strong immune system.

STudy each and every vaccine and the disease it is supposed to prevent before injecting anything. Feel free to ask for help. We will show you evidence that vaccines do not work. As a matter of fact, they serve a much different purpose.

"Read Pasteur Exposed: The false Foundation of Modern Medicine"

"The Curse of Louise Pasteur - Why medicine is Not Healing a Diseased World"

Quote:
'worst case scenario' involving a bad case of a disease in a mud hut somewhere in Tuva or Mongolia.
I disagree. Worst case scenario would be to first compromise the immune system and then living in around disease. Because then the child is not healthy nor up to par. It is unfair to expect him to stay healthy once his immune system is compromised.

The mud hut will not be a worry if the child is well fed, has clean water, love, plenty of fresh air, sleep, warmth, and again unconditional love.
But, if he doesn't have a strong immune system, one that has to concentrate on getting rid of whatever was injected and therefore is not strong enough to ward off what's around him, then living in a primitive situation might prove troublesome.

Quote:
As far as Hepetits B goes, there's a much higher risk in Eastern Europe and Africa that there is here.
I agree that there is more Hep B but how exactly does that affect your child in his formative years?

Quote:
I'm still pro-vax on this one.
Then at least wait till he is 14 or so since according to the insert papers, the vaccine wears off in 5 years.
#12 of 71 Old 12-09-2004, 11:51 PM

#13 of 71 Old 12-10-2004, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Gitti, while I very much appreciate your efforts to educate me, I have done my reading and shared the information with DH and I feel like we've made the best decision for our family given the situations that we're likely to be in. I'm sorry that you don't agree and I very much respect your right to your opinion and to do what is right for your family.

But what I'm looking for here is not a tretise on why not to vaccinate, but information on making an informed decision on delayed and selective vaccination. None of the information that you're providing me addresses this issue, so I'm kind of confused as to why you're providing it.

#14 of 71 Old 12-10-2004, 06:30 PM

Hey...here's some good info on mylin sheaths, what they do, and what interferes with their development.

http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~jm...tml#background

I'm pretty convinced this is a big part of vax damage.
#15 of 71 Old 12-10-2004, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather
Gitti, ...None of the information that you're providing me addresses this issue, so I'm kind of confused as to why you're providing it.
Perhaps I thought there was still room to learn?

Science is a wonderful thing. One gets such wholesale return of conjecture for such a trifling investment of fact.
Mark Twain

Illness or disease is only Natures warning that filth has accumulated in some portion or other of the body and it would be surely part of wisdom to allow Nature to remove the filth instead of covering it up with the help of medicine. Therefore, those who take medicine, only render the
task of Nature more difficult.

Mohandas Gandhi

I am, and have been for years, a firm confirmed anti-vaccinationist.....I have not the least doubt in my mind that vaccination is a filthy process that is harmful in the end.
also Gandhi
#16 of 71 Old 12-11-2004, 03:55 AM

Wanted to check in here..
Hi Belle,
I agree that to wait as long as possible for your list of vax you are considering is best..I say that because of this..
Chicken pox (certainly for me) and measles and mumps (in my mom's generation) we considered a nuisance..and I know complications resulted for some..but the risks of those vax may outweigh the risks for you until they have reached an older age and have not contracted them naturally and the risks of the disease may be higher.
I would think that too of hep b and rubella which is considered most dangerous to women of childbearing age. And if vax'd early..immunity may be worn off.
Diptheria..I do not know enough about other areas and travel to say..but isn't it always with at least tetanus..not available separately?
Polio..same as above..I do not know enough about travel.
a-l
#17 of 71 Old 12-12-2004, 01:46 AM

#18 of 71 Old 12-12-2004, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hut's Mom
I just finished reading "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccines" (I may have a word or two off in the title...it may be "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Vaccinations") by Stephanie Cave, M.D. She is a pediatrician who became very alarmed by the # of children she saw with autism, autoimmune disorders, illness, etc., linked to vaccines. Her book is extremely helpful, & she offers some guidance on a modified schedules. It's a very inexpensive book in paperback.

Hope this helps!
I just bought this book in Walmart for $3.50. I was very surprised to see it there. I just started all the vaccine research, but have already decided to not vax my two kids anymore, and not vax any future kids.
#19 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 06:58 AM

This is the CDC's basic "schedule" for delayed vaccinations:
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/recs/child-schedule.htm#catchup
I haven't seen any info about the optimal times for the child's health, but that site show that many vaccines need fewer doses when started later.
DTaP: one less if fourth is given after fourth birthday
IPV/OPV: one less if third is given after fourth birthday (must be all the same - I or O)
#20 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 10:18 AM

Think about why that is, why there are less required doses if given later. My one known example off the top of my head is HIB. It's schedule is 2, 4, 6, and the 4th between 12 - 15 months (as of 2002). But if you skip ages 2, 4, 6 only the one dose between 12 - 15 mo is needed for the same immunity.

Why is this I ask myself and I answer b/c the immature immune system can't acquire immunity from 1 dose of vaccine they way a more mature immune system can.

My ds1 has the 1 dose of HIB for preschool that was given when he was 21mo old. We now don't vax at all, but for what it is worth the HIB vax is not intended to be used in children over 5 -- therefore any school that says it's required for entry to kindergarten can be challenged. I acquired that information in or around 1999 or 2000 from the CDC or WHO, those were the only two vax sites I knew of at the time. I have since seen HIB removed from the required list for our state.
#21 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 01:19 PM

Hi Belleweather,

I'm in the same boat as you, we have also decided to do selective vaxes and have had a hard time finding the information. I mean this as no offense to those of you who are anti-vaxing, but sometimes I wish there was a seperate board for those of us who choose to do selective and delayed vaxing. I completely respect everyone's right to do what they think is best for their child, and you guys on this board have given me much to think about and a lot of good information, but for those of us in the middle, it can be hard to find information.

I actually found more info on selective and delayed vaxing on some of the other parenting boards on MDC (just do a search - most are under babies or toddlers) There was one great post, and I wish I had bookmarked it. One of the moms is a pediatrician and this is the schedule she does with her kids (I copied it in a hurry a few months ago, hope I got it all down right!):

DTap: 4, 6, 9, 18m
hib: 12m, 2.5yr
IPV: 12m. 2yr, 3yr, 4yr
PCV: 9m, 2yr
MMR: 18m, 4yr
Hep B: 2.5yr, 3yr, 4yr
varicella: 4yr

I specifically remember her saying that she had done much research on both sides of the issues, and she had decided this was best for her family (I think she worked in a hospital and had encountered many of these diseases in their worst state). I also remember her saying that she made it a point to never give more than one shot at a time.

Personally, we still have only done one vax: hib. I plan on adding either the DTap or just the DT, but I'm still looking for more information on that one. I feel tetanus is an important one( all my doctors say if I give only one, that should be it), but I'm not sure which version to give. If anyone has info on that it would be great.

Again, I hope I didn't offend anyone - you guys are great and I appreciate your convictions!
#22 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 05:06 PM

Some of the info I have found says to delay the mmr until around age 2 because the child is better to tolerate it at a larger weight and it is less likely to be associated with autism at that age.

Do not do several shots at once. Do one shot at a time and wait at least 4 months between. Give your child a large dose of Vit c/folic acid before the vax (antioxidants - I believe I read this in a Mothering article). NEVER vax a sick child, even one with a small cold (this is contrary to what western medicine says - they say it's okay to vax a child with a cold or fever under 100)

I skipped all PRevnar shots after my ds developed a high fever and vomiting after the first one. At around age 2 they outgrow the need for Prevnar anyway.

INSIST on mercury/thimerosol-free vax's. Ask to read the package insert.

Keep a record of any symptoms your child develops after vax's - you will need to keep an eye on them for up to one month after.

INstead of re-vaxing with the mmr at aGE 4-6, I am going to ask to have a blood titer drawn. The only reason they recommend re-vaxing at that age is because a small percentage of kids do not develop immunity from the earlier vax's.

I did do the Hep B shot. HepB is EASILY picked up. It can be transmitted through saliva and the virus lives on a counter-top or other surface for up to 3 days - it is tough, unlike the aids virus. When they tested all health care workers prior to giving the shot in the 80's, they discovered that between 10-17% were already immune to Hep B. This means that despite being rigorous in their precautions they were exposed to it and developed immunity on their own. I know one nurse who got a very serious case of the disease from work and was in the icu with jaundice. If you are going to an area where HepB is considered endemic (very common) like southeast asia, you should be vaxxed. Think of all the toddlers sticking their fingers into their mouths while playing, chewing on toys, and drinking each other's sippy cups.

I totally agree with you, if you are traveling you want to protect your child from as many diseases as possible, especially considering that the medical facilities and treatments may not be very good in some countries.
#23 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 07:21 PM

Wow--Lots of great information, people. There are some smart people on board here.

ANYWAY!! I came to tell you that I'm taking a class on yahoogroups by Sheri Nakken, a homeopath who's been collecting all kinds of information on Vaccines. For 4 months you receive emails and read a book called The Vaccine GUIDE, Risks and Benefits for Children and Adults, by Randall Neustaedter OMD. $25 usd plus book costs.

If you decide to take it, please let her know that Kerry Olvera from class #4a told you about it.

Online Course -

1. Learn all of the aspects of vaccines and why they are dangerous
2. Be able tell others with a stronger knowledge base about vaccines
3. Have a ready resource of information in your files on your computer
4. Be able to ask questions of me
5. Be able (in part 2) to know about the various diseases, the risks of the disease and vaccines, and alternative treatment for illnesses

The class will be divided into 2 parts (each part lasting approximately 3 months - separate charges for each part)
Part 1 will be a pre-requisite to taking part 2

This is NOT a discussion list and you will only receive emails and lessons from me, limiting the number of emails

Part 1:
I. Overview of the vaccine issue
A. History of Vaccines
B. Childhood Vaccines
C. Adult Vaccines
D. Philosophy of Health and Illness
E. Vaccine Injury Act
F. Pharmaceutical Companies and Conflict of Interest
G. Fear of Disease
H. Personal Choice
I. CDC and mandating vaccines
J. Choice
II. Adverse Reactions from Vaccines
III. Contaminants in Vaccines
IV. Chemicals in Vaccines
V. Vaccine Studies
VI. Alternative Medicine & Vaccines/Health/Illness
VII. Building a Strong Immune System
VIII. Laws
Part 2 (to start AFTER completion of Part 1) will include information on:
I. The diseases - incidence, severity, treatment
II. The vaccines for each disease vaccinated for
III. Alternative Treatment for the diseases
IV. The Future of Vaccines

There is a fee for this course
Email me at [email protected]
Sheri Nakken, RN, MA, Classical Hom
#24 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 09:08 PM

Cave's safe vaccine schedule.
IF you are going to vaccinate, this is recommended. One at a time, in a healthy child, vit.a and c one week before and after a vaccine.

VACCINE SCHEDULE
ALL VACCINES SHOULD BE THIMEROSAL FREE

“Educate Before You Vaccinate”

Birth - Hepatitis B (test mother for Hep B - if positive, give vaccine - if
negative, hold until 4-5 years of age)

4 months - Hib, IPV

5 months - DTaP

6 months - Hib, IPV

7 months - DTaP

8 months - Hib

9 months - DTaP

15 months - Measles

17 months - Hib, IPV

18 months - DTaP

21 months - Mumps

27 months - Rubella

2-3 years - Prevnar - 1 dose (Please do your research on this one, there are many adverse reactions reported including death)

4-5 years - Hepatitis B (3 doses - first two 1 month apart, 3rd given 6 months
after first)

4-5 years - Varicella (if blood test for immunity is negative)

4-5 years - DTaP, IPV boosters

4-5 years - Test titers for Measles, Mumps, Rubella. Give only those that test
negative for immunity and split out the components 6 months apart if more than
one is needed.
#25 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 09:21 PM

One shot at a time. Yet they state DTaP and IVP.

Isn't that four things you're vaccinateing against all at one time?

Two poisons against which the body can never build a defense, the pertussis, plus the polio. I don't understand.???
#26 of 71 Old 12-14-2004, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti
One shot at a time. Yet they state DTaP and IVP.

Isn't that four things you're vaccinateing against all at one time?

Two poisons against which the body can never build a defense, the pertussis, plus the polio. I don't understand.???
You are right! It's not always one at a time---erase the "one at a time"! Sorry about that---they weren't my words, they were someone else's words.
#27 of 71 Old 12-15-2004, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Two poisons against which the body can never build a defense
What makes you say that, Gitti?
#28 of 71 Old 12-15-2004, 03:29 AM

Quote:
I did do the Hep B shot. HepB is EASILY picked up. It can be transmitted through saliva and the virus lives on a counter-top or other surface for up to 3 days - it is tough, unlike the aids virus. When they tested all health care workers prior to giving the shot in the 80's, they discovered that between 10-17% were already immune to Hep B. This means that despite being rigorous in their precautions they were exposed to it and developed immunity on their own. I know one nurse who got a very serious case of the disease from work and was in the icu with jaundice. If you are going to an area where HepB is considered endemic (very common) like southeast asia, you should be vaxxed. Think of all the toddlers sticking their fingers into their mouths while playing, chewing on toys, and drinking each other's sippy cups.
This is contradictory to what I've read..that hep b is a bloodborn pathogen..Is this getiing crossed with the transmission ability of another vax'd for disease or have I misunderstood??
al
#29 of 71 Old 12-15-2004, 04:10 AM

It is bloodborn, but can sometimes be transmitted without direct contact with blood. Now I'm not trying to convince you not to vax, I've only recently made up my own mind on the whole thing, BUT 10 to 17% does NOT suggest it is easily transmissible. I'd like to point out 2 things. The first is that these were people in the healthcare field - that does NOT translate to people in the general population. And even so, that's still a small number. The second thing I'd like to point out is that those people developed immunity on their own - without it causing them any long term problems, so what's the big deal? It makes no sense to say that the entire population of newborn infants needs to be vaccinated for a disease that less than 1/5 of healthcare workers even get - and the ones that do get it aren't getting sick from it! I don't understand that argument.
#30 of 71 Old 12-15-2004, 04:14 AM

I'm not really worried about it, but it can be present in saliva, and child-to-child transmission is one of the ways it's transmitted in some areas..
http://www.britishlivertrust.org.uk/...epatitis_b.asp

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page