Using half doses? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I'm new here, with a 4 month old son. I am going to selectively vax him and have found this forum to be really helpful and supportive. I was told by my chiropractor, that I could request half doses of the vaccines I choose for my son...is anyone else doing this? Do we as parents have a right for pediatricians to grant this? My son is going for his 4 month check up next week and I want to be prepared. He has received all of the recommended vaccines at his 2 month visit, but I am not comfortable continuing this so I've been doing a lot of research.
#2 of 3 Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

You don't have a right to demand that a doctor give them like that because it's not licensed to be used that way & the manufacturer's instructions don't provide for that. Anyone giving them like that would be giving them off label & guessing as to how they would work. Maybe you'd be more comfortable with a delayed schedule?
#3 of 3 Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 PM

A lot of vaxes come in prefilled syringes so I can't see a feasible way to only give 1/2 dose. I have to agree w/ pp though as far as using it off label. I'm not sure they could even truthfully give you an up to date vax record for school etc b/c you're not taking the vaxes as given.

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page